Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 07:59 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That ME was some of the best entertainment I've had in awhile. I dozed through some of it. Must find the YouTube of the whole thing and put it on my Saturday Night Comedy list.
That is the perfect word for him. Entertaining.

I wonder if the state will even refer to him in closing. Guaranteed those jurors were beyond confused when he left the stand.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:01 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
The ME changed his tune saying he really doesn't know if he moved or not.
I watched only part of his testimony but I didn't find it very convincing. It seemed like he didn't know what he was talking about.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:03 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Good for you. Prior to the last presidential election, I was already independent. I have never been a regular viewer of any of the cable news channels. I did notice though that the NBPP was mentioned on Fox one day while I was waiting on the elevator in the lobby at work. I can also attest to the fact that my coworkers frequently watch CNN in our breakdown and I cannot remember a time when the activities of that group was discussed. I saw it discussed quite a few times over the years in the elevator lobby on Fox though so go figure.

And I take your clearing up with joy so I hope you took mine with an equal positive attitude. Black people are not glued to Al and Jesse. I don't know a single black person who views Jesse favorably (has mostly to due with his adultery and out of wedlock child and just bad personality from those who have met him. I also met him when I was a college student and can back up the view of his poor personality). I do not know a anyone IRL who is knowledgeable about the NBPP. I don't even remember what they are about, their leaders or anything. I only know they are shown on Fox as racist blacks who want to keep whites from voting and that I remember them on Fox at least 3 times in this capacity even though the same footage was shown all 3 times, I feel in an effort to get Fox viewers to believe this group is organizing to kill them at the polls.

Do I know you? LOL! I have a good friend who is a music director. Yes, he is black and has shared the same feelings about Jackson as you have - saying that he is not looked upon favorably in the black community.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The ME didn't know nuthin about nuthin.

I wonder how many people he's sent to prison by his "Expert" testimony.
He really didn't. He changed a lot of his story from direct to cross and seemed to have his own agenda.

I was shocked at how he didn't answer questions and simply went on to a narrative of whatever he wanted to "explain to the jurors".

Old 07-06-2013, 08:06 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The 50' feet issue isn't the only damning incriminating evidene the prosecutor didn't use. I never heard them address the impossible direction of the blood flow from gz's head injuries, which defied all laws of physics. Nor did they bring up that there aren't any street-level windows in those apartments.

The three reasons I can think of are 1. the state is intentionally blowing the case, 2. they're waiting to drop those bombshells in the rebuttal part of the trial, or 3. they don't want to look more stupid than they already do. I go with 3, how about you ?
No witness viewed what happened before the shooting, but many said that saw Zimmy and TM in very close proximity when the shot went off. Even the prosecutor's opening statement said it was a point-blank shot. The ME is mistaken about the distance. As for the blood flow. How is that impossible? People like to forget the uncontested facts in the case, one of which is that it was pouring rain at the time.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The ME didn't know nuthin about nuthin.

I wonder how many people he's sent to prison by his "Expert" testimony.
I wonder that as well. If I was someone he helped place in jail I'd be a happy convict right now. I wonder how many defense attorneys are now taking another look at their clients cases that this "doctor" was the "expert" on to see if they can get them kicked for gross stupidity?
I'll bet there's more than a couple. Talk about unintended consequences.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:10 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Do I know you? LOL! I have a good friend who is a music director. Yes, he is black and has shared the same feelings about Jackson as you have - saying that he is not looked upon favorably in the black community.
I can believe this about JJ & Sharpton.

It's like the liberals who claim Rush L & a Glenn Beck types represent all white people.

Most of these people are media hounds / opportunist and an embarrassment to all mankind.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I wonder that as well. If I was someone he helped place in jail I'd be a happy convict right now. I wonder how many defense attorneys are now taking another look at their clients cases that this "doctor" was the "expert" on to see if they can get them kicked for gross stupidity?
I'll bet there's more than a couple. Talk about unintended consequences.
I'm sure there will be quite a few asking for a second look if that guy had given the evidence that convicted them.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:18 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well said! The shouts of "you're racist" are the refuge of cowards and those that wish to shut down all conversation that differs from their ideas of right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What you "heard" is that some "citizen's grand jury" is doing so.

Your first paragraph is a bit contradictory. First you say that eyewitness testimony is often wrong, then you say that "the eyewitness testimony supports the theory. . . "

Funny how so many people claim to no longer be Republicans! You'd think no one voted for Romney!

Been hearing quite a bit of it from the GZ supporters!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper;30350625[B
]There's a slew of people who want Zimm convicted solely because he killed a little black boy.[/b]

That's racism at its core and at its worst.

I've clicked on a handful of websites geared to blacks (Black Voices, etc), and the spin they put on this case is so sad. If I were black, I would be terribly angry at how the media is manipulating this story (and many other stories). Very sad.

You're being lied to. The sooner you realize and admit it, the faster you'll heal.
I really get so tired of the conservatives accusing the liberals of always playing the 'race card'. I'll bet if we did a search on this forum, the vast majority of threads that even mention race - are NOT started by liberals.

Conservatives play the race card more than anyone. You seem flat out obsessed with it.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:20 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post

I have never,ever heard anyone that I know (who happen to be black) say that they think Jesse and Al are anything but leaches and the worst thing that's happened to the black community wishing they'd crawl back under the rock they came out from under.

With that being said, there's always a segment of the population that buy into their clap-trap just like there is for the Clan,Farikan, Westboro Baptist etc.
The problem isn't with the black community with respect to these two, I think it's with the non-black community lending these idiots credence.
It's the media and pandering non blacks cowering and/or advancing their agenda that allows these people to prosper.
If they were treated with the same disdain that was heaped upon those like the Occupy idiots they'd soon crawl back in their holes.
What I'd love to see at the next Jesse and Al show (protest) is a large group of blacks,whites etc counter protesting stating "we will no longer be divided".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies