Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 09:40 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,733,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Manslaughter is still a felony. Good enough to keep him from roaming around with a gun. I never thought GZ committed a hate crime, but if he had just monitored his own stupidity instead of someone else's walk in the rain, he wouldn't be where he is today.
If we all "monitored our stupidity", there would be no need for laws, police, whatever.

However, that isn't human behavior for you or me or anyone else on this planet. Don't elevate yourself above stupidity, that just makes you look stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Lol. Here we go again! Race Card!
I'm kinda surprised this topic has made it through the night without wholesale deletions and a closing. Congrats to all the posters. But if you allow this topic to de-rail into a debate on race I can see cause for the mods to close it for being off topic. Sure some, even myself believe that Jessie and Fat Al, along with Crump introduced the 'race card' in this case, but that isn't what the case is about, in court anyway.

It's about second degree murder, and did the state prove beyond reasonable doubt, their case. From here on out the ones who are looking for some smoking gun are going to be sadly disappointed. The defense isn't going to provide anything to make the states case any better, if anything they will embarrass the state even more than the state have embarrassed themselves.

We probably have another two weeks before any verdict will be reached. Will everyone burn out by then?

Got to go mow the back 2 acres. See y'all later.

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Watch the Traybots twist and turn, deflect, and lie about what others have said.

Fun, isn't it!
How would you know? According to you, you have have the forum posters blocked...the half that disagrees with you.

17,343 posts, read 14,606,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I've been watching msnbc and it's also emotional trash with commentary. I switch the channel when they go to commentary.

I'm doing my own experiment with simply listening to the actual trial. Then I come here and do my own commentary
I've watched the trial exclusively on HLN - much easier for me to tape the entire day then watch.

The commentary though is nuts ... they pick and choose the snippets that fit with their narrative. For example, they played the crap out of Serino saying "he's a pathological liar". Just those 4 words ... not in context AT ALL.

Add the crazies that call in with their own theories - I don't know how the talking heads can answer with a straight face.

Plus the "expert" attorneys. I've taken to googling their names when they come on ... so far I've found one "attorney" who's never practiced law at all, but who earned her degree, was a SAHM then went right into show biz as an "expert commentator". And another Chicago attorney who bills herself as a former prosecutor but had her license suspended.

The media sucks.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:41 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
How much gas money have you sent Leatherman? Last I heard he still didn't have enough to get home.
Huh? This response is clearly off topic. We're talking about the Zimmerman trial. What does sending anyone gas money have to do with Zimmerman's trial?

Old 07-06-2013, 09:42 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,733,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
How much gas money have you sent Leatherman? Last I heard he still didn't have enough to get home.
The left never parts with their money. Just look at what Al Gore gives to charity every year.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I've watched the trial exclusively on HLN - much easier for me to tape the entire day then watch.

The commentary though is nuts ... they pick and choose the snippets that fit with their narrative. For example, they played the crap out of Serino saying "he's a pathological liar". Just those 4 words ... not in context AT ALL.

Add the crazies that call in with their own theories - I don't know how the talking heads can answer with a straight face.

Plus the "expert" attorneys. I've taken to googling their names when they come on ... so far I've found one "attorney" who's never practiced law at all, but who earned her degree, was a SAHM then went right into show biz as an "expert commentator". And another Chicago attorney who bills herself as a former prosecutor but had her license suspended.

The media sucks.
FORTUNATELY the jury is hearing NONE OF THAT. And it's the jury who will make the decision of what has been proven by whom.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:45 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,432 times
We agree. What would you have done to not gotten yourself into the pickle Z did. I bet you would have identified yourself as the neighborhood watch guy to Martin and waited until the police came so they could determine he was walking home from the 7-11 to his Dad's house. How I wish Zimmerman had done that. I don't think there's one person on this list who does not think Zimmerman did the wrong thing in calling the police given the break ins that had been occurring. The crime occurred when he, in his arrogance took it way too far, took matters into his own hands, because "they" had been getting away.

Remember, and I am sure you will agree, Martin had as much right to defend himself as Zimmerman had. Martin didn't know who was following and confronting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Maybe lacking an ounce of common sense would be a better description. Neither are a crime.

Yes, I would have never gotten myself into the pickle Z did.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
How would you know? According to you, you have have the forum posters blocked...the half that disagrees with you.
Indeed.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:50 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
At least finish the quote: I found this link today...it was from 2012.
I found it curious the similarities in O'Mara's statement, and the witness we heard the first week of testimony.

http://frederickleatherman.com/category/theories-of-the-case/

"Actually, O’Mara has conceded that SYG and the castle doctrine do not apply and the evidence will show that, as a matter of law, the defendant was the aggressor.
As the aggressor, the defendant can use deadly force in self-defense only if,
(a) Trayvon responded to his aggression by using more force than was reasonably necessary to defend himself;
(b) He reasonably perceived that Trayvon’s use of such force created an imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury; and
(c) He attempted to end the confrontation and withdraw before he used deadly force.

O’Mara announced at a press conference that he will argue that the defendant could not withdraw before using deadly force because the defendant was lying on his back unable to withdraw with Trayvon straddling him raining down blows MMA style and slamming his head into the concrete sidewalk."
Maybe I'm misreading Leatherman's 1st sentence. Isn't he saying that O'Mara concedes that gz was the aggressor ? That would be absolutely incorrect.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:52 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
lol.

I don't have you on ignore (yet), and there are plenty of nonsense posts quoted, so it's easy to tell who has their head up their butt.

It's especially amusing to watch the self-proclaimed legal experts fall apart. Expected, but amusing just the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.