Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 05:32 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
She was the liar of the day......she understood the question perfectly.

Why? Because she was smart enough to get trap in his BS lawyer speak? He tried to tangle her up in word play and fraustrate her like he did the less educated 19 year old, and it did not work!

Old 07-05-2013, 05:33 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Because the narrative IS there. Judge for yourself.

Watch Zimmerman's testimony here starting at 18:50

George Zimmerman The Police Tapes (Sanford, FL Police Dept. 02-27-12) - YouTube

And here, at the re-enactment at 5:15

George Zimmerman Reenactment Of Trayvon Martin Shooting (Part 2) - YouTube
In the first video, GZ says that TM's hand was sliding down his side. He never said anything about TM spotting his gun. It just indicates his fear, and that he possibly had the impression the gun was spotted.

The second video clearly says, "I feel like he saw it."

So, please stop saying, over and over, that GZ said TM SAW his gun. GZ never said TM SAW his gun. He only EVER said he "felt" he had seen it.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:35 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,947,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So let me get this straight, all this insulting talk about G.Z. saying it was "god's plan" has something to do with this case? Did I get that correct?

Many people who believe in god or are religious find themselves comforted by their faith and the belief that whatever happens was "gods plan". Tornado hits? God's plan. Child dies? God's plan. Family gets hit by drunk driver? Yep, god's plan.

Sad that y'all don't understand those that think that way.
It has to do with the case because he said it. Do Trayvon's school records have anything to do with the case because I've certainly seen a lot do comments on that? He can believe what he wants. Many people of faith also believe that the "enemy" or the devil has a plan too. I don't believe that rape, murder or molestation are part of God's plan. When someone dies an unnatural death, religious or not many people do not see this as God's plan. Who is Zimmerman to say it was? God didn't take Trayvon's life, Zimmerman did. This was not an act of God. He didn't get killed by a tornado, cancer or a tree falling on him, he was shot through the heart. Zimmerman has an agenda, it isn't God's. Thou shalt not kill, ever heard that? What's sad is that Zimmerman and his followers think its okay to kill someone and say its God's plan.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:35 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Got a link?
A link to what ? If you don't know Tracy heard the 911 call within days of the shooting, too bad.

If you didn't hear Sybrina testify today that Tracy didn't tell her he'd heard the tape, nor what she should expect, go find a video of her testimony.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:36 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You want to say you can hear wet grass in person, fine. But over the phone, you are telling me you can hear a sound and say Oh, thats wet grass. BS. Ive talked to people walking down the stairs, and i dont hear their feet hitting the ground. Yet youre telling me you can hear wet grass over the phone?

That line of questioning was dumb to begin with and it proved that an experienced lawyer can make the average undereducated person sound/look foolish to everyon around them. For example, she knew that it was raining and she also knew that Trayvon was wearing tennis shoes, so why can't people give the girl enough credit for putting 2 and 2 together? If it had not been raining and she heard "people walking on wet grass" It would have been a legit issue.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:38 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
She was the liar of the day......she understood the question perfectly.
It was one of the dumbest questions of the day!

3,216 posts, read 2,083,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Correction, he saw a figure in the dark wearing red or white on the bottom. That is far from conclusive that it was Zimmerman.
Between the two of them who had grass stains and rain moisture on their back? Who had injuries to the back of their head? If GZ was on top, and TM on the bottom,why wasn't the bullet recovered under TM's body. The ground would have stopped the bullet after it passed through his body.

6,193 posts, read 5,365,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
The biggest riddle of all......

Trayvon had a cellphone. We have proof of that, he called his girlfriend.

I wonder what would have happened if he had simply dialed.... say, uh, 911 instead?

Put yourself in that place, wouldn't that be the logical choice if you felt some crazy ass cracker was stalking you?

Hmmm, I wonder.....
Well wrench409, I'll tell ya......

There's a lot of parrots and crickets in this thread.

You can't be the only person wondering this.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:40 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
How the hell does that SHOW anything? Especially it being pre-determined?! People deal with things different ways. This was after the fact. You show me him saying that beforehand and then you have a point, not afterwards.

You people claiming theres enough to prove him guilty are so delusional. Nearly everything the State presented was speculation. Everything you people on here are doing is speculation. That means there is no damn case. I dont want someone being found guilty on speculation. That is NOT justice.
But, it's OK that someone died because Porky 'speculated' about their motives?
Speculation is OK in that context?

Old 07-05-2013, 05:42 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
It seems to me some people are afraid to answer the question ive asked. With SO MUCH speculation by everyone, does that not prove the State did not prove its case? There is little concrete that they presented. Their argument to the judge was nothing but speculation. Everyone on here is speculating. Giving opinion on what they think happened. Why? Because we still do not know. So why the heck should a man be judged off speculation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies