Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 05:43 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
It has to do with the case because he said it. Do Trayvon's school records have anything to do with the case because I've certainly seen a lot do comments on that? He can believe what he wants. Many people of faith also believe that the "enemy" or the devil has a plan too. I don't believe that rape, murder or molestation are part of God's plan. When someone dies an unnatural death, religious or not many people do not see this as God's plan. Who is Zimmerman to say it was? God didn't take Trayvon's life, Zimmerman did. This was not an act of God. He didn't get killed by a tornado, cancer or a tree falling on him, he was shot through the heart. Zimmerman has an agenda, it isn't God's. Thou shalt not kill, ever heard that? What's sad is that Zimmerman and his followers think its okay to kill someone and say its God's plan.
Are you saying you don't believe in lethal self defense to legitimately save your own life or the life of your family?

Old 07-05-2013, 05:46 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Are you saying you don't believe in lethal self defense to legitimately save your own life or the life of your family?
Hey, if God sent people to your house to kill you and your family, shouldn't you allow it to happen? After all, wouldn't it be god's plan?

Old 07-05-2013, 05:47 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,875 times
I do. I own a gun, am trained, and will shoot anyone who breaks into my home and threatens the lives of my children. Having said that, if I instigate or create a situation where I have to use my gun, using my privilege irresponsibly, I deserve the consequences. Gun ownership is not for everyone.

Quote:

Old 07-05-2013, 05:48 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
It seems to me some people are afraid to answer the question ive asked. With SO MUCH speculation by everyone, does that not prove the State did not prove its case? There is little concrete that they presented. Their argument to the judge was nothing but speculation. Everyone on here is speculating. Giving opinion on what they think happened. Why? Because we still do not know. So why the heck should a man be judged off speculation?
Your last sentence is ironic because George Zimmerman appointed himself judge, jury and executioner the night he killed Trayvon Martin and it all started with his speculation about or suspicion of Trayvon Martin. Apparently he is also anointed in his mind since he feels that he was on a God given assignment.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
It seems to me some people are afraid to answer the question ive asked. With SO MUCH speculation by everyone, does that not prove the State did not prove its case? There is little concrete that they presented. Their argument to the judge was nothing but speculation. Everyone on here is speculating. Giving opinion on what they think happened. Why? Because we still do not know. So why the heck should a man be judged off speculation?
I do not know if Z is guilty or not. Neither does anyone else. This means a not guilty verdict is in order.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:50 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You must not be familiar with the Little English section of New York City. The word 'seen' often replaces the word 'read.' As in , 'I seen it in the papers.'

Sort of like in Little Haiti, the words 'it could have [been Trayvon], I don't know [if it was Trayvon]' can replace the words 'It was [ Trayvon]'.
I have to spread some love before I can rep you again, but this was all kinds of awesome.
I read it in the lobby of my morning appointment and may have actually snorted I laughed so hard.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:52 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Hey, if God sent people to your house to kill you and your family, shouldn't you allow it to happen? After all, wouldn't it be god's plan?
Maybe "God's Plan" is just semantics for "Natural Selection"

Old 07-05-2013, 05:52 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Porky stated that he wanted to make sure his hand/arm were not in the line of fire.
How long would that take? Who knows?
Maybe it would take 40 seconds to do that, especially if Trayvon was trying to get away.
Why not just stand up to get away after seeing the gun. With one available hand, GZ at best could only be holding clothing to try to prevent him from standing. Hulk hogan couldn't hold me on top of him if he only had hold of my shirt with one hand.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:54 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Quote:
But, it's OK that someone died because Porky 'speculated' about their motives?
Speculation is OK in that context?
He didnt speculate and then immediately kill the guy. An altercation took place. What he did up to that point was not against the law. I dont know how you compare that to what I was talking about.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:55 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
Didn't say that, but if I had to kill someone for any reason, I wouldn't call it God's plan. George Zimmerman was out looking for trouble, no one came to his home attacked his family. There is no comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies