Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 07:34 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,644,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Yeah, how dare they!

Especially when they don't live in that particular rabbit-warren, and are trying to find the right hutch.

It would be interesting to know the route Trayvon took to get to and from the store, and if he was going the correct way to get back to his father's girlfriend's house (sorry, I forget her name).
Given that the entire complex looks nearly identical, it might be hard to find one's way around if one were unfamiliar with the complex, especially on a dark rainy night. Even George, who had lived there for years, didn't know what street he was on.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:41 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
I was mulling over TM's mother and step-brother's testimony and decided to check something out, which proved to be true.

O'Mara put the interview in the Mayor's office on March 16, 2012. Low and behold the Mayor, Al Sharpton and TM's dad show up at a rally pledging justice on March 22.

If that wasn't planned that day in the Mayor's office, with NO law enforcement present - I will eat my hat!

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...ial-prosecutor

Old 07-05-2013, 07:47 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I was mulling over TM's mother and step-brother's testimony and decided to check something out, which proved to be true.

O'Mara put the interview in the Mayor's office on March 16, 2012. Low and behold the Mayor, Al Sharpton and TM's dad show up at a rally pledging justice on March 22.

If that wasn't planned that day in the Mayor's office, with NO law enforcement present - I will eat my hat!

Thousands in Sanford rally along wtih Rev. Al Sharpton to call for 'justice' for Martin - Sun Sentinel
This case was brought forth only through political pressures by the predominantly black community. No matter what people say, including TM's parents, this IS about race, sadly.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:52 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
If the State couldve PROVEN that GZ was the aggressor and started the physical altercation, I would move more toward some sort of conviction. But given in two weeks, the State did nothing but speculate and perhaps bring up more questions, along with proving some Defense claims, there is no way he should be found guilty.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:53 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,644,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
So do you think that while inflicting the injuries on GZ, that it was TM that was screaming
No, and partly because you are assuming that TM spent a prolonged period of time inflicting injuries on GZ, and I don't agree. There is no evidence that Trayvon spent any substantial length of time beating Zimmerman, or "inflicting injuries" on Zimmerman.

All of Zimmerman's injuries could be from being punched on the nose, and his head hitting the pavement, and maybe a few seconds of tussling. John Good saw a few seconds of the fight, and later conceded that it may not even have been punches that he saw. We have no evidence other than Zimmerman's story that Trayvon was ever trying to smother him and his supposed cries.

We simply do not know the details of the struggle, except for Zimmerman's version, and Trayvon cannot speak. We only have Zimmerman's word that upon meeting up with Trayvon that he reached for his phone, and not his gun. Why would he emphasize that he didn't even know he had his gun on him, until Trayvon saw it and starting reaching for it? Which of course puts the emphasis on Trayvon for escalating a fist fight into a mortal struggle, and the "tonight's your night to die ***"---again he had to emphasize so much that Trayvon intended to kill him.

I don't believe Zimmerman was screaming for help. I think by the time we hear the shrieks, the gun was in play somehow, maybe Trayvon desperately trying to restrain Zimmerman from reaching his gun.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:56 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No, and partly because you are assuming that TM spent a prolonged period of time inflicting injuries on GZ, and I don't agree. There is no evidence that Trayvon spent any substantial length of time beating Zimmerman, or "inflicting injuries" on Zimmerman.

All of Zimmerman's injuries could be from being punched on the nose, and his head hitting the pavement, and maybe a few seconds of tussling. John Good saw a few seconds of the fight, and later conceded that it may not even have been punches that he saw. We have no evidence other than Zimmerman's story that Trayvon was ever trying to smother him and his supposed cries.

We simply do not know the details of the struggle, except for Zimmerman's version, and Trayvon cannot speak. We only have Zimmerman's word that upon meeting up with Trayvon that he reached for his phone, and not his gun. Why would he emphasize that he didn't even know he had his gun on him?

I don't believe Zimmerman was screaming for help. I think by the time we hear the shrieks, the gun was in play somehow, maybe Trayvon desperately trying to restrain Zimmerman from reaching his gun.
For not knowing a lot for certain, would you still be willing to convict? With so many questions and few facts would you be willing to say Guilty on 2nd degree murder?

Old 07-05-2013, 07:58 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That's why they brought in the goofy ME wannabee. The one who washes her feet in the autopsy sink. The one who examined George via pictures and never laid eyes on the dead body, like all doctors and Medical Examiners, lol. To confuse the jury.

I agree. For her to testify (especially since she knows nothing) is as dangerous as it would be for George to take the stand.

Why would it be dangerous for him to take the stand when he feels he's innocent and has nothing to hide. Of course the prosecution would try and trip him up but that's what they do. But if he is honest about what happened then he should take the stand. I know I would to clear my name. Why the heck rely on witnesses when you are the only one who knows the true story.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:02 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
To be fair after Bao's performance I see why the state had another ME.

I wonder if Bao will still be employed come Monday afternoon.
Shoot..........he works for the government. He'll probably get a substantial raise.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:03 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post

Thousands in Sanford rally along wtih Rev. Al Sharpton to call for 'justice' for Martin - Sun Sentinel
I'll bet the defense set her up to prove she lied about being prepared to hear the recording.

We will find out next week.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:05 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Well we all know it's mighty suspicious when someone is walking and looking around.
Yeah...Specially when George doesn't personally know them. Could he be more delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies