Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 09:54 PM

957 posts, read 755,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Is he on trial for being a pathological liar or for having no remorse? I have been charged and tried of a crime... I was innocent. Trust me, you don't want to take the stand.. Lawyers will try their best to turn you into a liar by twisting what you say to mean something you don't mean.. The best lawyers are damn good at it..
He's on trial for murder. If he has to lie to avoid conviction, I'm inclined to believe he's guilty of murder. He hasn't been able to keep his stories straight thus far & this is most likely being noticed by the jury.
The prisons are full of inmates who claim they're innocent. And why should I trust you? You've already indicated that you don't care as to whether he's guilty or not, you just want him to walk.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:55 PM

16,872 posts, read 10,532,054 times
Quote:
Is he on trial for being a pathological liar or for having no remorse? I have been charged and tried of a crime... I was innocent. Trust me, you don't want to take the stand.. Lawyers will try their best to turn you into a liar by twisting what you say to mean something you don't mean.. The best lawyers are damn good at it..
This is true. It doesn't matter how innocent you are, you (almost) never take the stand and you never talk to the police. If I told 10 people the complete truth as I know it about what I did yesterday, there would still be inconsistencies. Did the drive take 10 minutes or 12? Did I go to the bank at 2:30 or was it 3? That's why in cases like this it never convinces me when people try to point out small inconsistencies in a story, especially one with a traumatic event.

6,500 posts, read 6,022,230 times
Why not get Obama on the stand to say "if I had a son, that's what his scream for help would sound like?"

Sorry, not my own material. But funny enough I had to post

13,221 posts, read 12,289,795 times
Quote:
But, but he has been caught in lies BEFORE he even took the stand

Old 07-05-2013, 09:57 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,022,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Maybe it's a good thing O'Mara wasn't allowed to express his concern for their loss, he said "we APOLOGIZE for your loss" - why would he apologize if Zimmy is innocent?
Because no matter what, many people are sad for the loss of life. But that in no way means GZ is guilty of 2nd degree murder. I believe he defended himself, and nothing the State presented proved otherwise. And that is something so many on here have such a hard time admitting.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:58 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,920,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
He's on trial for murder. If he has to lie to avoid conviction, I'm inclined to believe he's guilty of murder. He hasn't been able to keep his stories straight thus far & this is most likely being noticed by the jury.
The prisons are full of inmates who claim they're innocent. And why should I trust you? You've already indicated that you don't care as to whether he's guilty or not, you just want him to walk.
Quite the contrary.... I just don't believe you can string someone up because some people not on a jury believe your guilty because of what they are hearing on the news... I actually don't know if he is innocent or guilty. All I DO know is that the state has not proven their case and that is undeniable. You don't know either but you are intent on his conviction irrespective of the fact that he may well be innocent. Personally I think both Zimmerman and Martin were both guilty of stupidity in the first degree.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:58 PM

957 posts, read 755,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Many of us who've been watching the trial disagree with you.

Have you watched the live stream or just caught the followup slanted news ?
I've watched live coverage from the courtroom on both HLN & CNN. I have been following this case since it started. Evidently you haven't been following it very close, as you haven't yet commented on the inconsistency in Zimmerman's stories.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:59 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,395,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I thought I heard the bullet exited. Not the first time I've been wrong.
Why didn't the investigators who grilled GZ for hours, on several occasions, seem to think nothing of the "50 feet" issue? They found him to be truthful on the important facts. How is it the people of this forum think they know better than the professionals who actually conducted the investigation. Especially since we know this case is politically motivated.
You'd be wrong on the wound, entrance only. Hollow point, no exit.

Why nothing on the 50' issue? You tell me. I think you might already suspect it.

There is no answer for the distance as compared to GZ's testimony, and everyone knows it.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:59 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,625,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That was an interesting article. I really don't know if zimmerman had any racial intent, but I wonder about the police dept. If the Trayvon was white would they had put a little more effort in finding out the truth? We all know if zimmerman had been black he would have been in jail, regardless of anything that he would have said.
I don't just wonder about the police department. They have a history of racism.

"In 2006 two private security guards—one the son of a Sanford police officer, the other a volunteer for the department—killed a black teen with a gunshot in his back. Even though they admitted to never identifying themselves, the guards were released without charges.

Then, in 2010, the son of a Sanford PD lieutenant, sucker-punched a homeless black man outside a bar, and officers on the scene released Collison without charges. "

As it would turn out, the Sanford patrol sergeant in charge on the night of Collison's assault would also be the first supervisor on the scene of Trayvon Martin's shooting death."

I do not doubt that if Trayvon had instead been a white teenager, the police would have knocked on a few more doors at the complex in order to identify him, instead of not even getting to the end of the row of condos by which the body was found.

Trayvon Martin's Death Extends Sanford's Sordid Legacy | Mother Jones

Old 07-05-2013, 10:01 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,625,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
This is true. It doesn't matter how innocent you are, you (almost) never take the stand and you never talk to the police. If I told 10 people the complete truth as I know it about what I did yesterday, there would still be inconsistencies. Did the drive take 10 minutes or 12? Did I go to the bank at 2:30 or was it 3? That's why in cases like this it never convinces me when people try to point out small inconsistencies in a story, especially one with a traumatic event.
Why wouldn't a criminal justice major know that you never talk to the police without a lawyer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.