Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 10:28 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Didn't know anything about SYG when on Hannity. Instructor indicated Zimmerman was taught about SYG law & was a A student. I already listed another one earlier. Zimmerman also said that Martin bashed his head against the sidewalk 25-30 times. Scratches looked more like he fell down & scratched his head. Zimmerman said that he pulled Martin's arms apart after shooting him. Martin's arms were underneath his body.
Interesting though that Zimmerman was gun ho about going to Hannity to tell his story, but not so much in appearing before the court to do the same.
Fell down and scratched his head? That is funny. How often have you fallen down and scratched the back of your head like that?

The fact is Z had to go on Hannity due to the media blitz against him led by Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton and closely followed by Jesse "spit on white people's food" Jackson. Since every rational person who has watched the trial, which almost certainly includes the jurors, find the state has produced no evidence to sustain a conviction there is no need for George to testify.

Z has won. No use playing the game any longer. The racists who wished to railroad a struggling young Hispanic man need to give it up. Whoops, I forgot we now have the term white Hispanic.

So go back to your bong and relax.

Whenever you see such a ridiculous claim as the falling down and scratching your head crapola ya realize ya ain't dealin' with rational people.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:39 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
This ^^^^^^. Getting out of the car wasn't a wise decision. But many victims of crime do something stupid before they become victims. Walk down a dark alley at night, get really drunk at a party, leave their doors unlocked, etc. They don't deserve whatever crime happens to them because they did something stupid.

It's always better to protect yourself by making wise decisions. But making a stupid decision doesn't take away your right to defend your self against someone assaulting you.
I can see both scenarios, one with TM confronting and being the aggressor and one with GZ confronting and being the aggressor, but I have to lean towards TM doing the confronting solely because where the fight takes place. If the fight happened halfway between the “T” and where TM was staying then I would feel that GZ did chase, hunt or go after TM. But the fight happens much too close to where GZ is parked then to TM’s house giving that TM ran approximately 3-4 minutes before the fight supposedly happened.

Let me explain. If someone sees someone they’re following or watching run and turn a corner, but the person following or watching only go as far as the corner. And no evidence points to them turning same corner and continue to follow, especially when they have more than enough time to do just that. I’ll conclude that they were following and watching but not truly intent on confronting because I feel a person intent on confronting would have continued down pass the corner. Now after some time the corner becomes the scene of an altercation it’ll seem more plausible that the person came back to the corner and started or initiated the altercation.

It just makes no reasonable sense for TM to still be at the “T” or anywhere near the “T” if he indeed ran from GZ like GZ stated and even RJ stated.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:39 PM

17,355 posts, read 14,606,875 times
This just in ... BOMBSHELL tonight ... Nancy Grace says when you listen to Zimmerman speak, his story doesn't change!

Maybe her head has already exploded & this is a blond zombie replacement ... this does not sound like the NG that I have come to expect.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
This just in ... BOMBSHELL tonight ... Nancy Grace says when you listen to Zimmerman speak, his story doesn't change!

Maybe her head has already exploded & this is a blond zombie replacement ... this does not sound like the NG that I have come to expect.
I ain't never heard Nancy support a defendant. I can see the brightest of the railroaders have slunk away.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:44 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
People tend to forget that the Sanford PD came under fire for not doing enough of a thorough investigation and allowng a dead teen to remain a John Doe for two days even though they had his cell phone. Don't you think that they are covering their own butts to some degree?

How would it sound if they admitted to GZ's story being somewhat suspect to them to some degree, but let him go anyway and just chalked it up to an insignificant run of the mill case. Who the hell takes someone's word in toto under circumstances such as this??? I wonder if George Zimmerman was in the least bit curious as to the identity of who he killed.
Serino testified he believed GZ was telling the truth. Good identifies who is on top. GZ has the wounds to prove he was sucker punched. I mean, what in the world are we looking for here?

Old 07-05-2013, 10:45 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,080,471 times
Prediction:

No matter what the outcome of the trial is, Judge Nelson will have received an appointment to a federal judgeship before January 20, 2017.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Serino testified he believed GZ was telling the truth. Good identifies who is on top. GZ has the wounds to prove he was sucker punched. I mean, what in the world are we looking for here?

There will never be enough. I used to believe liberals believed in innocent until proven guilty. Not if ya a white Hispanic obviously.

I have a dream where someday a white Hispanic will be treated just like the rest of us.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Prediction:

No matter what the outcome of the trial is, Judge Nelson will have received an appointment to a federal judgeship before January 20, 2017.
Nah, she was too obvious. Ya gotta be a little sneakier.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:51 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,080,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Nah, she was too obvious. Ya gotta be a little sneakier.
You mean like Holder? Never seen a more obvious incompetent lead by one that is just as incompetent.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
It doesn't matter what you or I believe, as we're not on the jury. What's being reported on the news is irrelevant as the jury does not see or hear the news. The trial's not over so none of of know as to whether the state has proven their case. I'm not intent on his conviction. But if I were a juror, I would want to have him or his attorney to clear up the inconsistencies in his story. I'm inclined to believe though that Zimmerman is a pathological liar.
That part is maddening. The court is theater and the prosecution has made many errors as far as directing their case. If they don't focus on these inconsistencies in their closing arguments, those questions will haunt many.

They are attempting to pass the inconsistencies off as minor changes in the telling of the story and normal under the circumstances, but if you tell the truth it should always line up from one telling to the next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.