Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 06:50 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Fracking has been going on for the last 50-60+ years.....

Why is the left just now complaining?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc
OP...did you really expect to get anything other than one liners of idiocy from anyone on the right? Time and time again these people prove just how ecologically ignorant, irresponsible, partisan, cavalier and selfish they are.

My main objection to them is that those of us that know better are forced to share a planet with them. Feh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 06:51 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Millions of gallons of water pumped deep into the ground is lost forever. The person who says drill baby drill reminds me of my long dead father in law..where everything was about himself - He never looked into the future and did not care about the next generation. I would see him with his old pick up truck...change the oil and take the waste oil out to the end of the property and dig a hole and dump the stuff...sending it seeping slowly into the ground water.

I asked him "Don't you care about where that goes and if it ends up in the bodies of your grand children?" He said ..."why should I care...I will be dead and gone...no one cared about me why should I care about them?"

People mention Haliburton. When I hear this name all I picture is the cold cruel face of Dick Cheney - a man who did not care if a million people perished as long as he could turn a profit.

This old oil elite really only think of living like gods on earth at the expense of all those yet to come...I would safely say that profit over human life spells one thing about a person CREEP.

What is a creep you might ask...?

It is a thing that is lowly and slithers around on the ground - it is a human being who is a creepy crawling thing...a snake....I am sorry to insult snakes - but I have made the point - Remember when that creepy Tony from PB oil was explaining himself after the great Gulf spill? He said BP cares about the "little people" - sure as they sunk the oil to the bottom of the gulf with chemicals were it lays to this day.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:54 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Millions of gallons of water pumped deep into the ground is lost forever. The person who says drill baby drill reminds me of my long dead father in law..where everything was about himself - He never looked into the future and did not care about the next generation. I would see him with his old pick up truck...change the oil and take the waste oil out to the end of the property and dig a hole and dump the stuff...sending it seeping slowly into the ground water.

I asked him "Don't you care about where that goes and if it ends up in the bodies of your grand children?" He said ..."why should I care...I will be dead and gone...no one cared about me why should I care about them?"

People mention Haliburton. When I hear this name all I picture is the cold cruel face of Dick Cheney - a man who did not care if a million people perished as long as he could turn a profit.

This old oil elite really only think of living like gods on earth at the expense of all those yet to come...I would safely say that profit over human life spells one thing about a person CREEP.

What is a creep you might ask...?

It is a thing that is lowly and slithers around on the ground - it is a human being who is a creepy crawling thing...a snake....I am sorry to insult snakes - but I have made the point - Remember when that creepy Tony from PB oil was explaining himself after the great Gulf spill? He said BP cares about the "little people" - sure as they sunk the oil to the bottom of the gulf with chemicals were it lays to this day.
1947 was the first time to use frackling....why is it taking so long to complain about it?

Old 07-04-2013, 07:04 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Thanks for your interest in this bill. Tell congress to pass it.

Congressmen Want To Close 'Halliburton Loophole' For Fracking
I hope you are sitting down, but the Bill was in 2009 when Nancy Pelosi controlled the House of Representatives ...... AND she and her Majority Democrat House could not get it passed. That should tell you a lot, not that you care about that. You many also be totally shocked to find out that Halliburton is not an Oil/Gas company ... but that doesn't really matter at all. Many years ago, a man named Dick Cheney was on the Board of Directors of that company ..... that's all the "proof" anyone should need.

I expect some sort of Fracking bill might have a chance in the Congress IF anyone should ever be able to show (after over 40 years) that Fracking effects water at all ....... they keep trying, but they haven't been able to do that yet. The EPA and Greenies have spent many Millions on this stuff and all they have to show for it is "failure" and "propaganda".

Old 07-04-2013, 07:13 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I hope you are sitting down, but the Bill was in 2009 when Nancy Pelosi controlled the House of Representatives ...... AND she and her Majority Democrat House could not get it passed. That should tell you a lot, not that you care about that. You many also be totally shocked to find out that Halliburton is not an Oil/Gas company ... but that doesn't really matter at all. Many years ago, a man named Dick Cheney was on the Board of Directors of that company ..... that's all the "proof" anyone should need.

I expect some sort of Fracking bill might have a chance in the Congress IF anyone should ever be able to show (after over 40 years) that Fracking effects water at all ....... they keep trying, but they haven't been able to do that yet. The EPA and Greenies have spent many Millions on this stuff and all they have to show for it is "failure" and "propaganda".
I posted this information upthread about how the EPA has not been able to, even after trying very, very hard, to find evidence fracking contaminated the groundwater. The response was a combination of youtube videos by activists and the claim that the EPA was being influenced by these gas companies. It was at this point that I decided there are some people in the world that will never be swayed by evidence. I wonder what you call people like that? Conspiracy theorists? Tin foil hatters? I'm not sure.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:15 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I posted this information upthread about how the EPA has not been able to, even after trying very, very hard, to find evidence fracking contaminated the groundwater. The response was a combination of youtube videos by activists and the claim that the EPA was being influenced by these gas companies. It was at this point that I decided there are some people in the world that will never be swayed by evidence. I wonder what you call people like that? Conspiracy theorists? Tin foil hatters? I'm not sure.
I personally call them loons, but whatever is your preference...

Old 07-04-2013, 07:18 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
1947 was the first time to use frackling....why is it taking so long to complain about it?

This:

Quote:
In the 1990s, oil engineers in Texas began combining fracking techniques with horizontal drilling, using higher volumes of pressurized water and chemical cocktails to release natural gas trapped in shale formations that hadn’t been reachable through vertical drilling.
The Facts on Fracking | BillMoyers.com

And this:

Quote:
1. The difference between fracking now and what fracking used to be
Many supporters of fracking are quick to point out that the process has been around for over 60 years. And while that's true, without any context this fact can be wildly misleading. Take a look at some of the key differences between what fracking looks like today versus its role in the past.
...................................Fracking in the Past .........................................Fracking Today
Use and frequency..........Last ditch effort to squeeze oil out of wells.............Primary method used to extract natural gas
Type of Drilling..............Vertical.................... .................................................V ertical and horizontal
Water Use.....................Unknown, but far less than now................................... 4.5 million gallons per well
Pressure........................Less than 10,000 psi............................................... ......13,500 psi

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/03/...bout-fracking/

Old 07-04-2013, 08:08 PM

168 posts, read 335,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Fracking has been going on for the last 50-60+ years.....

Why is the left just now complaining?

The reason they are now complaining is because we keep finding more oil and we are able to get a lot more oil than originally projected. The left thought we would start to run out of oil and instead we keep finding more and more oil.

They want the oil to end or at the very least to slow down and allow the need for "green" energy to rise. So the government can invest money into "green" energy companies like Solyndra.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:11 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
What a coincidence... We feel the same way about those of you that are our opposition...
LOL..that is a remarkably stupid statement, considering the fact that it is the very people that give a crap about the planet and its eco-system that are affording you the benefit of clean water, air and soil. You'd be up the toxic creek a lot sooner if it were not for your "opposition".

Old 07-04-2013, 10:13 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
LOL..that is a remarkably stupid statement, being that it is the very people that give a crap about the planet and its eco-system that are affording you the benefit of clean water, air and soil. You'd be up the toxic creek a lot sonner if it were not for your "opposition".
You stated it so it MUST be fact huh...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies