Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 12:47 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I'm not making anything up....they had a hearing about it a month before the trial began! Judge Nelson deferred and stated that there would be ruling made after the trial. O'Mara motioned to have the prosecution sanctioned last month.

The idea to bring these charges were not pulled out of thin air by some disgruntled gun nuts like you would lime everybody to believe.
The 'citizen's grand jury' did not have a hearing before Judge Nelson or any other judge or have their motion (or whatever you want to call their piece of paper) deferred by any judge or legal entity. Move the goal posts if you must or 'clarify' your claim if it helps save face.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:54 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The 'citizen's grand jury' did not have a hearing before Judge Nelson or any other judge or have their motion (or whatever you want to call their piece of paper) deferred by any judge or legal entity. Move the goal posts if you must or 'clarify' your claim if it helps save face.
I already ceded that this was not brought in front of Judge Nelson....by the citizens jury.

I am not arguing the logistics of this...I am arguing the principle. Ovcatto asked what their basis for their ,whatever you want to call it (indictment), was. I showed him EXACTLY what it was. Then he preceded to build a strawman stating on how it was insignificant to the verdict or the outcome of the trial.

But *I* never stated that it did...and...clearly this charge is a separate entity for the court as well because it is going to be brought in front of Nelson after the trial is under wraps.

So if anybody is moving the goalposts here...it's avocado
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies