Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 09:08 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I don't mind parades and festivals that celebrate diversity.. If there was a Jesus parade with thousands of patrons in a conservative city and I was a Gay Protester with 5 fellow protesters in said city - I would rethink the sanity of my protest and ask myself what I really think i'll accomplish. Clearly the Jesus peeps were seriously outnumbered at a gay pride parade in SEATTLE.. soooo my original state of perplexity remains.
it's supposed to be a free country. the jesus people pay taxes too.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:28 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times
You're stating the obvious and I don't deny your points.... however, I still don't see the point of their 'protest' - waste of time! That was my only point...would you go out and protest at a gay pride parade against it? If so I recommend you choose to protest in Sao Paulo, San Francisco and Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
it's supposed to be a free country. the jesus people pay taxes too.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:57 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
Default Seattle: Street preachers attacked at gay pride event

is so called "diverse" Seattle where liberals are "tolerant" of diverse views.
Again, the hypocrisy of the liberal is showing its true colors.

Seattle: Street preachers attacked at gay pride event - Wilmington Conservative | Examiner.com

Old 07-05-2013, 09:20 AM

264 posts, read 280,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post

Seattle: Street preachers attacked at gay pride event - Wilmington Conservative | Examiner.com
So you are using the actions of one person or a couple of people to label half (debatably more than half) of all Americans? Can you see how silly your statement is?

It's like saying that because the KKK is a conservative group, all conservatives burn crosses. That is ridiculous, but so is labeling all liberals because of a few isolated acts.

I think it is time to see past your personal feelings towards certain groups of people and look at things with an open mind. You could even find yourself to be a happier person.

Thanks!

Old 07-05-2013, 09:27 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
silly how? It's been proven time and time again liberals ARE NOT tolerant of other views.
It doesn't have to be violent. Name calling, harassment, etc. you know, the name calling racist, homophobe, islamaphobe to name a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
So you are using the actions of one person or a couple of people to label half (debatably more than half) of all Americans? Can you see how silly your statement is?

It's like saying that because the KKK is a conservative group, all conservatives burn crosses. That is ridiculous, but so is labeling all liberals because of a few isolated acts.

I think it is time to see past your personal feelings towards certain groups of people and look at things with an open mind. You could even find yourself to be a happier person.

Thanks!

Old 07-05-2013, 09:30 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
the left does not believe in letting the opposing view speak. ask snowden about that. censorship is not one of the dem sins.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:30 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkd19124 View Post
is so called "diverse" seattle where liberals are "tolerant" of diverse views.

seattle: Street preachers attacked at gay pride event - wilmington conservative | examiner.com
please do not feed this troll

Old 07-05-2013, 09:31 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post

Thanks!
Why not, that is exactly what the left does concerning gun control.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:31 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Yes, it's always bad to try and demonize the whole over the actions of the few. It would appear that "Seattle" took the proper actions here.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:42 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post

Kind of like having Christians show up at a Pride event to denounce homosexuality? That kind of tolerant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies