Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 06:12 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
This may come as a shock to you, but religious events do take place on public streets and parks.

I remember distinctly several incidents where Christian evangelists showed up at some Jewish gatherings in order to preach and interfere with the Jewish event taking place.

I agree with you in one respect - the First Amendment does protect freedom of speech, however obnoxious - something the Westboro Baptist Church knows all too well.

Can you blame some people for being irate? I can't.

Remember: these people infiltrated a gay event. If two or three individuals were insulted that their party was crashed I can understand why they got irate.
You are an intelligent poster. It's just beyond me how you can defend this. Did you watch the video?

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
This is funny. The anti-gays in their attempt on this thread, are just making themselves look even more ridiculous. Now, the funniest part about it, is they don't seem to even see it! Keep posting guys, keep posting!

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I am 100% anti violence. whether it be a fat homo sucker punching someone, or whether it be a religious freak hitting someone. in this case, it was the fat idiot. I have never seen the idiotic westboro baptist church resort to violence.
Despite your glee at being able to "curbstomp" the fat dork?
Put down the bottle. You can't remember what you just said.

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
My final comment, before I leave you all to your stupid bickering (on a holiday no less - do you all have lives outside of CD?) and head off to Southern California for a vacation...

Judging by the attitudes and language here, some of which I have reported (so it might be gone by the time you read this), I am understanding why they feel pushed to the limit. I don't know any "violent gays," just kind and peaceful ones; but even they might push back after being subjected to such hatred over the years.
translation. I hate freedom.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Despite your glee at being able to "curbstomp" the fat dork?
Put down the bottle. You can't remember what you just said.
yes. if someone like this fat freak got physical with me, he would be destroyed.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:14 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
I'm with Gizmo. I think I'll leave the pigs here to wallow in their mud. Time to go watch the fireworks with my finace (a DUDE! *GASP*).

Old 07-04-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian at the Debate View Post
It would probably only take half a flamer to handle someone like you. Methinks you are an internet warrior.
that was a gay comment.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:16 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian at the Debate View Post
Didn't you say you were 100 percent against violence later in the thread?
He doesn't know what he's saying any more. Korsakoff's Syndrome will do that to you.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:16 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
translation. I hate freedom.
LOL... nice try, but where did I say they shouldn't be free to say those words? I only said it helps me to understand why they might push back. You do realize freedom of speech doesn't exempt you from having to face consequences & reactions to that speech, right? Oh I forgot I was dealing with someone who thinks shoving another person is worthy of the death penalty.

Okay, now I'm really outta here!! As I said above, you need a beer or something. Happy Fourth!

Old 07-04-2013, 06:18 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

Judging by the attitudes and language here, some of which I have reported (so it might be gone by the time you read this), I am understanding why they feel pushed to the limit. I don't know any "violent gays," just kind and peaceful ones; but even they might push back after being subjected to such hatred over the years.

Happy Fourth of July, Gizmo!

I'm off to see the fireworks myself in about an hour or so myself.

My other point is that there are hundreds of gay pride parades and events all over the country and we never hear of this kind of scuffle. Here in Pennsylvania, gay pride parades take place not only in big cities like Philly and Pittsburgh, but all over the place like in towns such as Allentown, Reading, Lancaster, Wilkes-Barre, Erie, New Hope, Harrisburg, etc. and everyone has a jolly good time.

I think this thread is just some lame attempt to paint LGBT people as evil violent people. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies