Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 12:06 AM

733 posts, read 938,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
OMG, that's hilarious. I think I'm going to gag from all the laughter. ROLMFAO You are Funny !!!!!
Do you do stand up comedy, or maybe sit down comedy ?? Joke right ????? Hahaha I shouldn't Say this, but, this are you really going to call the U.N. ????? Absolutely ridiculous, but acutely funny.nlol

So, what's going to happen when you call them ? Think they will call an emergency meeting and ban
all those CD posters that don't agree with you ? War Crimes huh ? Seriously ? Should we all hide now ?

It's late, got to go now, but, you made my day.......You really should try comedy, lol.
Way to dodge the topic at hand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 07:33 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,890,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
Race is a social construct, and most people don't classify American Indians as Asians in their mind, also immigrants from China and Japan and Korea have different circumstances than American Indians and Asian refugees from Cambodia or Vietnam, this model minority bull**** harms the Asian American community too.

You still haven't given a justifiable reason for these crimes against humanity you are advocating.
What crimes there? Like I said in the post YOU quoted: it's the "Indians" doing those things to themselves, NOT the anglo whites forcing meth and so on down their throats. It's almost like you think that taking personal responsibility ain't an Indian thing, just a "white" or OTHER "Asian" thing. Sheesh!

Old 07-14-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I respectfully disagree with your post and would kindly offer a critique of it.
Red Lake is the most isolated reservation in the entire nation. Opportunity is minimal. At one time in 1890 it covered 5000 sq. miles. In 1934, Your leaders refused to join with the Minnesota Chippewa over a dispute concerning election of tribal leaders and chose to remain isolated. I find it almost impossible to believe that you would condemn and discredit the whole Ojibwe nation. If you are truly a registered native american of the Red Lake Ojibwe Chippewa you must know your tribe's history and how you had to give up over 5000 sq miles of land in 1889 with the "Nelson Act" that vacated a previous treaty guaranteed to you by the US government for an isolated patch next to Red Lake with no future. I wouldn't blame your tribal members for still holding a grudge. And you must know in your heart that the last thread of a connection that your people have left of their glorious past is in that reservation. Your tribe was one of the most recognized warriors of the French and Indian Wars, renown for their bravery and fierceness. You must know that there are tribal elders who are desperately trying to save what is left of your history and culture. You must know that you could be part of the solution. But you choose to betray your tribe on some internet forum. May God have mercy.
"Betray" or jjwebster saw danger and death so he walked away from the booze, fighting and so on on his Rez. I don't know because I wasn't there.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:47 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,654,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
"Betray" or jjwebster saw danger and death so he walked away from the booze, fighting and so on on his Rez. I don't know because I wasn't there.
To be a full native american as is claimed and come down on the side of the faction that want to arbitrarily eliminate all native american reservations and negate all existing treaties is something I find incomprehensible.

I can understand the white man wanting to eliminate all existing reservations as they are a constant reminder of dubious deeds done to a whole race of people in the name of manifest destiny. The white man is always in such a hurry. "OK, redskin,you lost, now speak english. Why haven't you become a productive citizen yet? Stop being an Indian!" Of course the white man wants us to hurry up and get over it. As an elder of the Iroquois Confederacy, the 6 Nations, the idea that a tribal member would claim the irrelevance of the reservation system just doesn't compute in my mind. There is a total lack of spirit involved here.

The Red Lake Chippewa is an anomaly of the NDN nations. It has challenges that are unique to the tribe. Sure, if the drugs and alcohol were a problem for this individual then move off the rez and do something else but to lobby for the disbanding of every reservation in the nation is a major overreaction for a tribal member in my humble opinion.

Last edited by mohawkx; 07-14-2013 at 11:02 AM..

Old 07-14-2013, 10:54 AM

733 posts, read 938,956 times
Quote:
What crimes there? Like I said in the post YOU quoted: it's the "Indians" doing those things to themselves, NOT the anglo whites forcing meth and so on down their throats. It's almost like you think that taking personal responsibility ain't an Indian thing, just a "white" or OTHER "Asian" thing. Sheesh!
This thing you are advocating, getting rid of the reservation system, targeting sovereign nations to negate their treaty rights based on them being Native American nations and likely taking them off reservation land against their will, it's a crime against humanity, that's what I'm referring to.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,653,530 times
Quote:
No they'd still be native american, and Mexico is about 15% Native American, if you're talking about the Nahua and Maya people there are about 2.5 million Nahua Indians, about 2.5 million Yucatc Maya Indians, about 400,000 Tzotzil Maya, about 400,00 Tzetzal Maya, about 200,00 Ch'ol Maya, about 100,000 Chontal Maya, and about 50,000 Tojolabal Maya, and those might not even be all the Maya ethnic groups in Mexico.
They would be native Mexican.

Contrary to what they're teaching in Aztlan studies, the North American continent was never one nation ruled by the Aztecs.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It's a double-edged sword; many tribal leaders spurn economic development on their lands because they want to keep them pristine, but at the same time that lack of development is what is keeping them impoverished with no options for improvement except to leave.
I admire them for keeping them pristine. Have you been to the reservations? Beautiful wide open country --- unlike the crappy development going on everywhere else.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
This thing you are advocating, getting rid of the reservation system, targeting sovereign nations to negate their treaty rights based on them being Native American nations and likely taking them off reservation land against their will, it's a crime against humanity, that's what I'm referring to.
Let's play it "your" way. How about taking US citizenship AWAY from all people who are members of the Rez's. That's right: treat them like ILLEGAL aliens if off the Rez. I'll lay a LOT of money down that'll make many of not most American Indians mad enough they DEMAND the Rez's be shut down.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Agree about maybe the Navajos but the Aztecs probably would've been a problem since they like to fight, ask the other Indian tribes in what is now Mexico.
They like to perform human sacrifices. Fighting is the least of what they were about.

There's a reason that Mexicans feared the Comanches and after Texas became part of the USA, the Mexicans actually demanded we get control over the Comanches. Maybe the Comanches had heard of what was going on down there in Tenochitlan and other places.

It was Spaniards and non-Aztec Indians who defeated the Aztecs, there is no way so few Spaniards could have accomplished it on their own, even with horses.

The British had their Indian allies and the French had theirs. Both the Europeans and the Indians had age-old hostilities and allied with each other.

No matter how someone feels about what happened, it's really impossible to go back in time and undo it. The past is the past. Europe and Africa wouldn't take the descendents of their long-lost people now at this point.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I admire them for keeping them pristine. Have you been to the reservations? Beautiful wide open country --- unlike the crappy development going on everywhere else.
Maybe but "beautiful open land" ain't real good to live on with no agriculture, industry, mining and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies