Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 10:41 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times

Advertisements

Thank for post, planning a trip there soon.

When I used to live in S Florida, I knew someone who didnt know what "NE" stood for in an address. She didnt know it was a state.

Nothing is surprising these days, sadly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 11:05 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Quick then, since geo is a strong point for you tell me two things without looking them up.

All the States on the Great Lakes.

All the States on the Mississippi.

It should be a piece of cake for you seeing it's knowledge about your own country.

PS, I have never met an American who could get both these questions correct.
Lol, ill try.
Great Lakes would be Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota

All the states on miss: Louisiana, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, Missouri Tennessee
That was my best shot. I can tell from the other poster that I missed a few

Old 07-05-2013, 11:49 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Bermuda Senate approves bill prohibiting discrimination against gays – LGBTQ Nation

It's wonderful to see a country from the Caribe advance to being a freer society.
do they allow for legalised prostitution though, male/female?

otherwise it would be hypocrisy as usual

Old 07-06-2013, 12:07 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Lol, ill try.
Great Lakes would be Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota

All the states on miss: Louisiana, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, Missouri Tennessee
That was my best shot. I can tell from the other poster that I missed a few
While I don't know the locations of the small lakes, I know that there are more lakes than lake Michigan and Superior. Ohio, New York, and Pennsylvania surround the great lakes as well.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:24 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Quick then, since geo is a strong point for you tell me two things without looking them up.

All the States on the Great Lakes.

All the States on the Mississippi.

It should be a piece of cake for you seeing it's knowledge about your own country.

PS, I have never met an American who could get both these questions correct.
I've never met a Canadian who was so a-holish as to initiate pop geography quizzes to people he just met.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:29 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
While I don't know the locations of the small lakes, I know that there are more lakes than lake Michigan and Superior. Ohio, New York, and Pennsylvania surround the great lakes as well.
I was thinking about Cairo, ill, because it was mentioned in huckleberry Finn. I've never even contemplated where it flows north of there.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:47 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I've never met a Canadian who was so a-holish as to initiate pop geography quizzes to people he just met.
Well, I spent 5 years travelling around the USA and everyone I met I "just met". Since the conversations usually revolved around where we had been it lead to geographical knowledge or lack of it. I only asked that question to those who claimed great geo knowledge. Heck, many I talked to did not even know what states bordered theirs.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:19 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
That's a new one. Always thought it meant the other “Q” word q***r.
No. It doesn't stand for that. I can see how people might think it does, but it actually stands for people who are questioning their sexuality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies