Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 01:11 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,751,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Paul Scalia, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia's Son, Doesn't Think That Homosexuality Is A Thing

Sadly, challenges by public figures to the homosexual madness that has diverted this nation from any and all attention to matters carrying any degree of priority and sensibility are nearly non-existent.

Finally, a man garnering media attention for saying what I've been saying all along. This bogus notion that being "gay" is an inborn part of your being, as is dark skin pigment, is intellectually bankrupt gibberish - a hoax that dwarfs the "climate change" shakedown in its transparent inanity.
It sounds like you have been thinking about homosexuality quite a bit. I wonder why that is?

Old 07-05-2013, 01:20 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,851,804 times
Studies actually show that homosexuality is a combination of genes and environment. I do not believe you are born gay but you can be born with a strong disposition favoring developing a gender preference.

When you look at the decisions of Loving v. Virginia and Lawrence v. Texas it is probable we are one justice away ( maybe not even that not sure how Kennedy would rule) from a court holding laws against gay marriage as unconstitutional.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:23 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Paul Scalia, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia's Son, Doesn't Think That Homosexuality Is A Thing

Sadly, challenges by public figures to the homosexual madness that has diverted this nation from any and all attention to matters carrying any degree of priority and sensibility are nearly non-existent.

Finally, a man garnering media attention for saying what I've been saying all along. This bogus notion that being "gay" is an inborn part of your being, as is dark skin pigment, is intellectually bankrupt gibberish - a hoax that dwarfs the "climate change" shakedown in its transparent inanity.
Homosexual madnes. Is that like reefer madnes? Is there a cure or antidote?

Old 07-05-2013, 01:30 PM

39,026 posts, read 51,082,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Studies actually show that homosexuality is a combination of genes and environment. I do not believe you are born gay but you can be born with a strong disposition favoring developing a gender preference.

When you look at the decisions of Loving v. Virginia and Lawrence v. Texas it is probable we are one justice away ( maybe not even that not sure how Kennedy would rule) from a court holding laws against gay marriage as unconstitutional.
You are probably right, but I find it hard to believe that anyone, let alone a justice of the SC, could come to the conclusion that gay marriage is something the founders and subsequent generations ever intended that the constitution would protect. In fact, up until a couple years ago the concept was abhorrent to a majority of Americans. The ruling will go in favor of SSM, but the court is going to sidestep it until a significant majority of the US allows gay marriage and public opinion has moved from abhorring SSM to abhorring the banning of it. It'll be a while.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:51 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You are probably right, but I find it hard to believe that anyone, let alone a justice of the SC, could come to the conclusion that gay marriage is something the founders and subsequent generations ever intended that the constitution would protect. In fact, up until a couple years ago the concept was abhorrent to a majority of Americans. The ruling will go in favor of SSM, but the court is going to sidestep it until a significant majority of the US allows gay marriage and public opinion has moved from abhorring SSM to abhorring the banning of it. It'll be a while.
Do you also believe the Architects of the Constitution would have ever contemplated a woman's right to vote or an African becoming a full citizen of the US.

I do. If not, they would have never constructed a method of amending the Constituion.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,909,902 times
A person that is a member of a religious order that actively protected child predators, that has never had sex and believes that Bronze Age fairy tales are undisputed literal truth is not the best source of advice on any subject. Certainly not on homosexuality, his religious beliefs have already predisposed him to think a certain way.

This is like asking a Nazi for an interpretation of the Torah.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:06 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,826,709 times
I really have no problem with the gay / lesbian thing. I think it's being pushed down our throats and wish people would just go about their private lives in well, private, but I think we are traveling too far down this road.

Two consenting adults (or more) want to do things that make me personally gag thinking about, well that's their right and who am I to say what they can / can't do? But allowing a 7 year old or 15 year old to choose whatever gender bathroom they want bc 'they don't relate to their own sex' or allowing a 12 year old to get some type of hormone altering surgery?? Well that's just sick, wrong, and weird. Why is it increasingly difficult for people to be somewhat normal?

Old 07-05-2013, 02:27 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,905,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Oh the irony. Are we banning things that are abnormal now?
Nonsense.

Read "My Gay Soul" - by Gary Alinder, in Out Of The Closets: Voices Of Gay Liberation (Karla Jay and Allen Young, editors: 1972). What Alinder said 41 years ago is still as true and relevant today as it has been over the decades.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:15 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,675,074 times
Quote:
It's clear Justice Scalia takes his Catholic upbringing seriously, Sotomayor not so much she prefers being feted by debased liberals.

Homosexuality is an act not an identity. Most of the world since the dawn of man has understood this of course.
Exactly right, Edward. +1

And those who choose to engage in homosexual behavior are entitled to all the same legally protected group status benefits that Detroit Lions fans or people that roll to work in a barrel are.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:02 PM

8,996 posts, read 10,440,996 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is an act not an identity.
Then heterosexuality is also an act, not an identity. No virgin can reasonably claim to be either heterosexual or homosexual. Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.