Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 12:17 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Blacks and hispanics have significantly higher abortion rates than do whites. I seriously doubt that the educated have the most abortions, it seems to be the lower wage earners having the most abortions.
That's interesting. How does that coincide with the rant that blacks & Hispanics pop out babies every chance they get?

Old 07-06-2013, 12:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
That's interesting. How does that coincide with the rant that blacks & Hispanics pop out babies every chance they get?
They do both.

Higher abortion rates and higher illegitimate births have to do with starting sexual activity at very young ages and unwillingness to use birth control methods.

The Racial Statistics of Abortion Cannot Be Ignored | TheBlaze.com

Among white women, there were 138 abortions for every 1,000 births. Among black women, the number rises to a dizzying 501 abortions. Hispanic women account for 25% of all US abortions, though Hispanics make up just 16% of the population.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:47 PM

1,122 posts, read 3,505,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I think the welfare system has a role to play, reward or reinforce behavior you will get more of it.
If you look at third world countries you will see that this theory doesn't hold up. People who are desperately poor who live in countries with no safety net at all still have a lot of children, so clearly welfare is not the incentive. These same people, however, once educated tend to have fewer children. So, it seems to me that the amount of children a woman has really has little to do with intelligence but has to do with education and living standard.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:49 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Blacks and hispanics have significantly higher abortion rates than do whites. I seriously doubt that the educated have the most abortions, it seems to be the lower wage earners having the most abortions.
In addition to twisting my words, you've managed to bash Blacks, Hispanics, and poorer people.

Thanks for proving my point, the more educated you are, the more likely you are to support abortion rights.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
In addition to twisting my words, you've managed to bash Blacks, Hispanics, and poorer people.

Thanks for proving my point, the more educated you are, the more likely you are to support abortion rights.
You're denying the reality of who is having the most abortions. Since you're so pro-abortion, how is pointing out the much higher black and hispanic abortion rates bashing? You'd be proud they have so many abortions.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
If you look at third world countries you will see that this theory doesn't hold up. People who are desperately poor who live in countries with no safety net at all still have a lot of children, so clearly welfare is not the incentive. These same people, however, once educated tend to have fewer children. So, it seems to me that the amount of children a woman has really has little to do with intelligence but has to do with education and living standard.
Which comes first though? If you go on having babies at age 14 or 15, you're not going to ever get educated.

In the USA, we didn't end up a third world country because people delayed sexual activity until marriage (way back when) and delayed marriage until after high school at least. At least those who made it to the middle class did that, no one had to make them do it or figure it out for them.

Having babies at a very young age is a good way to end your education and become impoverished.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:04 PM

607 posts, read 1,393,441 times
Religion, culture, family pressure and where you live all factor into this too. If you compared the Northeast to the Southeast, I'd imagine the average age of when one has a first child is probably lower in the Southeast than compared to the Northeast. Bible belt and all of that plays a big part. Same thing when comparing rural areas to city areas.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:13 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,483 times
I have 2 children 8 & 9 YO. My wife and I started our family when I was 41 and she was 33 as we felt we were in a place in our lives that we could support such an endeavour. I have an IQ of 136 and im sure my wife has a hire IQ than I do.

We both came from lower middle class to poor families and struggled most of our lives until we met each other and became this team longing for a family. We both have college educations shes a CPA and we are doing all the right things. I can see how much our example influences them and I am satisfied with the job we are doing in raising them so far

Old 07-06-2013, 01:15 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,458,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I was thinking about people I know who get pregnant easily and people who have difficulty conceiving...and realized there seemed to be a pattern: that the lower IQ folks seemed to have greater fertility and the higher IQ/educated folks had problems. Researching this, it seems to be a fact. What I can't find is any scientific reasons why this might be?

And if lower IQ people breed more, doesn't that mean that the average IQ will drop?
lower iq people = inner city and minorities who breed like animals. I doubt their fertility rate is higher its just the amount of unprotected sex they have at a younger age.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:26 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
You're denying the reality of who is having the most abortions. Since you're so pro-abortion, how is pointing out the much higher black and hispanic abortion rates bashing? You'd be proud they have so many abortions.
Supporting abortion rights is not the same as having an abortion.

That's something the ignorant bible freaks don't seem to comprehend.

So I'll spell it out again, the more educated you are the more likely you are to support abortion rights, now twist that into me stating that I've had an abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies