Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 06:34 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times

Advertisements

Mourners Remember Kelly Thomas Two Years After Fatal Beating | NBC Southern California

The death of Trayvon Martin was essentially a private affair. George Zimmerman was a private citizen, not a law enforcement officer, and neither assailant nor victim were particularly sympathetic. Trayvon died in a small, obscure Florida suburb. Kelly Thomas was killed by law enforcement officers Cicinelli and Wolfe in a town within the second largest US media market with a history of police brutality (and a Klan past). There are policy implications about Thomas' death that are not the case with Trayvon's. Yet it is not the constant subject of national media attention. Why isn't Thomas' death a bigger deal?

Old 07-05-2013, 09:47 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,965,703 times
When is the trial scheduled for the two ex-cops? I thought it was scheduled in June of this year. The Rodney King beating certainly made national headlines and the media had it covered. But I bet not many know about this poor mentally retarded, homeless guy getting beat to death.

Justice for Kelly Thomas - YouTube

Old 07-05-2013, 10:03 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
What can I say....some cops are so stupid they would not be hired to collect garbage but some how they end up as law enforcers. What were they enforcing here? They were like mad dogs chewing a weaker dog to death. Kelly Thomas was considered by parts of society as a non- person...a stray dog...They beat him to death because they BELIEVED that he belonged to no one and there would be no repercussions. What I noticed about courts and law enforcement ...If they believe you have teeth and can hurt them...or you are associated with people who have teeth...they avoid you because they can be bitten...Apparently the only teeth available are those of the victims father...if it were not for the father..the cops would get away ...

Every person you see on the street that is homeless...crazy or generally hopeless - was once someones child...a mother's baby...a fathers son...Kelly Thomas was a mess to look at ---------Trayvon Martin was young and fresh and considered valuable..

No one heard Obama chime in - If I had a son he would have looked like Kelly Thomas...Thomas was a throw away..he did not matter --- as long as people are considered disposable to any degree this will continue. The faces of the cops appear to be those of dumb animals.....Law enforcement should NOT hire animals...they need human beings not raging predators.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:14 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
When is the trial scheduled for the two ex-cops? I thought it was scheduled in June of this year. The Rodney King beating certainly made national headlines and the media had it covered. But I bet not many know about this poor mentally retarded, homeless guy getting beat to death.

Justice for Kelly Thomas - YouTube
This person in the picture- beaten to a pulp...clinging to life...suffering in agony...This was at one time some ones child - a babe held in the arms of a parent...imagine if this was your son...If this was done to one of mine...I would be relentless...I would seek justice and REVENGE...and would satisfy that mission - even if it took me the rest of my life- WE as a society can not tolerate these things...if you do...YOUR son or daughter could be next.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:31 PM

This news report was in May 2012 ... over a year ago ... so wonder what happened with a trial for the two ex-cops.

Is there anybody on here from California that is aware of this case and if they have had a trial yet?

KTLA - Kelly Thomas's Father Speaks Before the Preliminary Hearing - YouTube

Old 07-05-2013, 10:37 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
In a nutshell, because he's white. The media needs a 'minority' victim in order to race-bait and promote their anti-cop agenda.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:44 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
A homeless, schizophrenic man isn't sensational enough for news media.

I couldn't watch the video all the way through and listen to the man in agonizing pain. Sick.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
In a nutshell, because he's white. The media needs a 'minority' victim in order to race-bait and promote their anti-cop agenda.
"Anti-cop agenda"?

Let's see. Trayvon was killed by a private citizen and Kelly was killed by cops. If they had an "anti-cop" agenda they'd focus on violence by predatory, out of line cops who were essentially thugs with badges, rather than a private citizen who merely wanted to be a cop.

Doesn't sound like an "anti-cop agenda" to me.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:45 AM

Rodney King was an "anti-cop" agenda. Also riots and fires followed. Rodney was a black man and yes they beat him and the whole world witnessed that beating. Rodney's beating was no different from Kelly's beating. The only difference these cops beat Kelly to death. Both beatings made me sick.

I think the OP was asking 'why no media coverage on this horrible death of Kelly.' I realize in the beginning Zimmerman wasn't charged and until Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton brought visibility on the Trayvon shooting nothing was done.

Does anyone know if these cops have stood trial yet? I can't find any info on a trial.

Old 07-06-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post

Does anyone know if these cops have stood trial yet? I can't find any info on a trial.
October 18 is the trial date. Trial Date Set For Ex-Fullerton Officers Accusing of Killing Kelly Thomas | NBC Southern California
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies