Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 03:13 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,758,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Maybe, but we can't even know what happened in the 90's with no follow up's.

I've notices an uptic in OLD news stories being repeated as if they were new. One I saw yesterday about a guy shot by police in Long Beach while holding the nozzle of a hose that looked like a gun. The comments to the online article were all dated yesterday while the actual story was 2 years old and long resolved. I get this on one of the internet sites that will list HEADLINE NEWS to old articles and it's really annoying.
And we don't know how the laws have changed in California since then on how the state wields it's power by using the police to interrogate a rape victim because the state wants his money.

The year these two had sex was the year the law changed to even include boys. Before 1994 there was no such thing as statuary rape against a boy. The California Court of Appeals said that "victims have rights and victims have responsibilities". I can't imagine that being said now.

But yeah who is re-writing this stuff just to fool others. This isn't just old it's copied and redated to make it look new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 03:18 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I also don't think the article is real, I think it might be a fake story created and spread on the internet.
I live in the greater Lincoln metro area, and I haven't heard a thing about it, and can't find anything on it locally.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:12 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,712 times
I live in the Lincoln area and remember the rape but haven't heard anything about the child support issue though. Nebraska is big on jailing men that are behind on child support though so it very well could be true. JMO... couldn't find a link either from any local news like the Star or World Herald.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies