Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 02:41 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,456,602 times

Advertisements

Do you have anything fresh to add to this discussion, or do you think that by repeatedly chanting the word "fetish" and copy-pasting the same verbiage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, you will somehow change minds on this issue?

As a gay man, I can tell you that nothing in that bizarre little screed bears even the slightest resemblance to reality. In other words, it's a big fat lie (an elaborate, pseudo-intellectual one -- but a Big Lie nonetheless). And anyone who perpetuates it is, therefore, a liar.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:42 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,995,923 times
I have mixed feelings on this.

I've met several females who have been scorned by men who decide they'll be with a woman because it's safer. That's not real love that's fear. That's not the way to go.

I think that there are people who really do fall in love with the same sex but the amount that it seems to be increasing by, to me, seems to come from the media taking a lot of taboo from it and people getting curious and exploring something they were afraid to explore before. I don't think there's nearly as many homosexuals out there as there seems to be in this day and age and i think we just need to rebalance. Many of us are ridiculously off balance and need to explore why that is for ourselves.

We just need to give people space to rebalance themselves.

So for that reason, I'm in support of gay marriage. I don't care what the dictionary says. We've defined and redefined words for years and we've created words to describe what we feel and what we mean as well. So I'm not stressing about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Even if you don't believe in God, you cannot deny the health reports collected from the United States Center for Disease Control - which reflect disproportionately high statistics of STDs, AIDS and mental illness among those who practice homosexual fetishes.
So now it's society's job to police people's private behavior if it might harm them?

You sound like one of those "nanny-state" types, like Mayor Bloomberg.

2,469 posts, read 3,129,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
The Supreme Court has stated that civil marriage is a civil right. See Loving v. Virginia.

If you don't like it, take it up with them.
I have written each of the 9 chief justices.

But unlike some, I do NOT illogically consider the US Supreme Court the Supreme God.
I also do NOT equate legality with morality.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:45 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,129,951 times
Quote:
So now it's society's job to police people's private behavior if it might harm them?
If they KEPT it private, and didn't try to shove it in everyone's face - but they don't!
They insist on parading about, trying to convince themselves and others that their sexual fetishes make them special - and are even pushing their way into the judicial system, stomping over the majority vote democratic process.

Quote:
Ad hominemn attacks are like children who run up to you and say, "Big ears" or some other name calling and then run away. It reflects a lack of anything more substantial to add, and a fear of threat.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:45 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
ahhh the sex police people should mind their own business. what others do in their bedrooms are none of your business.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:46 PM

27,118 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:

Private behavior?

Who took it public?

Yes, we know who.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
If they KEPT it private, and didn't try to shove it in everyone's face - but they don't!
They insist on parading about, trying to convince themselves and others that their sexual fetishes make them special - and are even pushing their way into the judicial system, stomping over the majority vote democratic process.

Ad hominemn attacks are like children who run up to you and say, "Big ears" or some other name calling and then run away. It reflects a lack of anything more substantial to add, and a fear of threat.
I can assure you that I'm not the least bit afraid of you, because I know that your little online jihad against me and my kind is utterly futile.

But I'd still like to know whether you think a ban on same-sex marriage goes far enough, or if you would also like to see sodomy recriminalized.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:47 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,758,823 times
Quote:
Do you have anything fresh to add to this discussion,

Please do not mistake the OP's intent to be one of discussion.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:48 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,758,823 times
Quote:
I have written each of the 9 chief justices.
Which court has 9 chief justices?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.