Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 08:16 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
So you're implying it didn't happen? As the article said, "the mainstream media isn't running it" As a liberal let me say it's your choice to remain uninformed. The mind is like a parachute. It has to be open to operate properly.
It's a shame your chute failed to open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 08:48 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Obsession

1.the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.

2.the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.
Decide for yourself.

I play golf and ride motorcycles for enjoyment. I have one set of golf clubs & one motorcycle. If I had several sets of golf clubs & motorcycles & spent the major part of my day talking and fondling
them, that's obsession.
Can you as a gun owner carrying outside your home guarantee that you won't mistakenly shoot
a person whom you suspect of participating in a criminal act?
How do you deal with meteorites
falling on you while outside your home? See, life has risks & we live in a society. If you can't
handle life's risks in a rational manner, perhaps you should consider staying in your home.
Can you as a motorcycle rider guarantee that you won't drive your bike recklessly and harm someone on a public street because of your actions?

Old 07-08-2013, 09:05 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
What kinda bike are we tawkin'? Ninja 250 Do you ride it wearing a chrome thong? ATGATT
I ride and own 3 lids and a skull, plus I carry one of my (3) .45s, but I may not ALWAYS wear a lid.

So the question is, if that you wear a led on every ride are you possessed, err obsessed?

As to the topic, there is no topic and 0 facts. It didn't happen just because some PC mouthed off and created a pretend story.

BTW Tinkerbell carries a GUN!

Old 07-08-2013, 09:10 AM

46,287 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed from california View Post
it's a shame your chute failed to open.
lol...

Old 07-08-2013, 03:02 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
A Chief of Police and his bodyguard in a city in Mexico were killed by an assault rifle sold to the drug cartel by the Obama administration. What's the difference?

Old 07-08-2013, 03:30 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
The OP is sure going to be surprised to discover no back ground check, check for mental illness and probably never will.

There is this little problem called Doctor Patient Confidentiality. The only way around that seems to be with military personnel, who are deemed fit to carry a gun to fight in a war, but are deemed publicly, mentally ill after the Govt got what it wanted .

It would be great to see the PC test this Law Doctor Patient Confidentiality.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
.I'm not here to define what an assault weapon is
& I didn't say he had assault weapons,
Then don't use the term since you are so clearly and willfully ignorant of it's meaning and have no honest intentions of learning what it means.

And uh, yes, YOU did say he had "assault weapons".... you said "so we have criminals selling assault weapons now?" That is your statement, not a quote from the article. You are essentially making the claim.

Quote:
I described the few guns I own with a LE Official and asked if they were assault
weapons. He assured they're not classified as assault weapons under
California's definition of assault weapons...I'll take that as meaning they're
not assault weapons
Yeah well half of the people who are supposed to know what an "assault weapon" is, in fact don't. See Diana Diggett, See McCarthy. So you would do well to learn the definition yourself.

Quote:
Maybe while typing on a public forum you might also work on your spelling &
grammar so that you don't come across as a cretin.
You can't argue against my post with facts of your own, got it!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:32 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
there have been like 100 responsible gun owners in chicago over the last week. what are their gun laws again?

Last edited by lionsgators; 07-09-2013 at 12:55 AM..

Old 07-09-2013, 07:33 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Perhaps I should address it to the individual who didn't see this on the new but saw it on Lame Book.
If I run a search I bet I can find a story about an officer who was killed by a drunk driver. Having said that, would you also advocate restrictions on cars for law abiding citizens who have done nothing wrong?
This one was back in May

Harris County sheriff's deputy killed by drunken driver - Houston Chronicle

The kicker is that the drunk is an illegal, who'd been charged with DUI before.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Sounds like this would-be criminal maybe needs a profession other than 'licensed gun dealer'. That would be good for starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies