Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Now the pros is trying to make a point about using animals for testing. Dangerous play. Sure, you get the sympathy/emotion card...but you also make yourself look like an idiot in front of the jury.
I haven't heard about the Martin/Fulton family having animals. GZ has 1 or 2 dogs. I'd vote Not Guilty.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Bernie is outmatched and it hurts his ego.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Either his mom didn't know about the suspensions or doesn't think that's 'being in trouble.'
Let's play "clintonesque" and say it depends on what "in trouble" means. I guess you're not in trouble if it's something that's normally done by the person right?

Old 07-09-2013, 11:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I haven't heard about the Martin/Fulton family having animals. GZ has 1 or 2 dogs. I'd vote Not Guilty.
Maybe he's trying to say that the M.E. shot T.M.'s dogs in testing?

Old 07-09-2013, 11:55 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,937 times
Di Maio says physical evidence isn't consistent with TM & GZ standing when shot fired.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I'd rather not live in a country where lethal force isn't the first option. .
You're in Illinois where Chicago had over 70 shootings just over the holiday weekend.

You should get a gun.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
HLN says the defense won't use Trayvon Martin's toxicology report...God forbid people might hear that Zimmerman was taking an amphetamine and sedative.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:57 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Perhaps, but he was a 17-year-old boy. You can't expect him to keep a cool head or make the perfect decision, whereas Zimmerman was a grown man 11 years his senior. The onus was on Zimmerman to act wisely since he initiated this whole thing, and was armed. You're not even supposed to have a gun on you when doing Neighborhood Watch.
He wasn't "doing neighborhood watch". He was legally carrying while driving to the store when he noticed what appeared to be a suspicious person. He then did the right thing by calling the police.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:58 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
HLN says the defense won't use Trayvon Martin's toxicology report...God forbid people might hear that Zimmerman was taking an amphetamine and sedative.
Yeah, god forbid.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:58 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I just can not in my wildest imagination see how he can be found guilty. And I can't understand how some on these boards can think he will be. It shocks me so many had determined Z guilt prior to the start of the trial. Yes, my guess, is most either anti gun supporters or played the race game and thought they would win.
I posted this yesterday, but I also thought Zimmerman was at first guilty, and I would not call myself an anti-gun nut or anything. But since more evidence has come out, my mind has changed, I cannot understand at all how anyone can see enough evidence to convict Zimmerman, other than they see the evidence through thier own bias, and create evidence in their head.

Here is my post from 3-17-2012 (in response to another poster) Sanford chief: Shooting death of Miami teen not enough evidence to arrest shooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Why? Should the person who gave a driver's test be fired for when a person screws up? Or a teacher be fired when a student becomes a screw up in the world?

Mr. Zimmerman knew that he was in the wrong, I am sure no one taught him that in this scenario, Mr. Zimmerman would be in the right.

Mr. Zimmerman is one of those A type personalities that think he walks on water and when he speaks, everyone should stop and listen. He is a cop wannabe and thought his role as a Watch Captain gave him police powers of detianing and questioning.

Pure speculation, I do not think it was race driven as much as stereotype driven, the victim could have been any race/ethnicity, but as long as they were dressed in the stereotypical "hip-hop/thug" (or whatever you want to call it) outfit, Mr. Zimmerman would have made something out of it.

Mr. Zimmerman thought he had the power to stop, detain, and question a person, which he did not. When the victim told him to 'eff off and continued walking, Mr. Zimmerman probably lost his temper and physically confronted the victim. Mr. Zimmerman found himself all of a sudden on the losing end and pulled his gun and shot the victim.

This is pure speculation from me, so I am curious to see what more facts come from this.

Bottom line is; Mr. Zimmerman has no power to detain or question a person. No one is subject to doing anything Mr. Zimmerman requests other than his own kids. The victim has no obligation to answer or stop for any person other than an LEO, and that even requires a degree of cause and a host of other factors.

A person cannot instigate a confrontation with someone, then shoot the person and claim self defense. The instigator will be, and should be in the wrong every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies