Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 08:47 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Really? Not me, only people suffering from paranoia think the way you do.
Rakin makes a point, there are times when we have to make judgements based on people's looks in order to know if we may be in danger, especially if we are in unfamiliar or possibly dangerous surroundings.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:49 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Only in your mind. You are entitled to your opinion. Zimmerman may not be convicted, but I would never call what he did justified. It wouldn't matter what he did in your eyes, he is a saint. If he had stayed in his truck, none of this would have happened. Zimmerman is an idiot, along with those who glorify what he did.
Well, it's not illegal, nor should it be, for someone to leave their truck. I won't get into the circumstances, as every Should know what they are now. He may very well be an idiot, don't know. All I do know is that the State has not proven their case, that's where we are.

I need to spend some time, when I have the time, to address the greater issues here. There are some pretty contentious issues involved, so maybe the mods will let me address them, maybe not. I'm sure they know where I'm heading.

Later......there are real people in non cyberworld to attend to, and I need some zzzzzzz's.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:54 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,035,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Rakin makes a point, there are times when we have to make judgements based on people's looks in order to know if we may be in danger, especially if we are in unfamiliar or possibly dangerous surroundings.
This will be deleted for being off topic when this evenings clean up begins but I haven't put myself in any situations that I have felt in danger in my 60+ years.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:57 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Wow, she walked out with West still bitching and complaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I'm not really sure what just happened. Everyone was mad. Mad and tired. This judge is incredible. She's going home now to go over case law, maybe for hours, and then she'll be back in the court by 8 a.m.
Damn! I missed the fireworks!

I had to go pick my son up from work and must have left just before the pooh hit the fan.

I'm sorry I missed it; I could tell things were getting testy. Did West really say he couldn't keep up or something? Maybe he needs to go get an ice cream cone or something. Maybe buy one or two for Zimmerman, too.

I wonder if I can find it on YouTube?

Old 07-09-2013, 09:01 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,947,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Well, it's not illegal, nor should it be, for someone to leave their truck. I won't get into the circumstances, as every Should know what they are now. He may very well be an idiot, don't know. All I do know is that the State has not proven their case, that's where we are.

I need to spend some time, when I have the time, to address the greater issues here. There are some pretty contentious issues involved, so maybe the mods will let me address them, maybe not. I'm sure they know where I'm heading.

Later......there are real people in non cyberworld to attend to, and I need some zzzzzzz's.
I never said that it was illegal for someone to get out if their truck. It's not illegal or suspicious for someone to walk back from the store either, but like I've said several times now moral and legal aren't always one in the same.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:03 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Never heard of that one before. Please enlighten me. You mean the witnesses have been locked up all this time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
That was a good catch, sequestration violation by consulting with the animation guy!! Who was the other witness they talked to while he/she was under the sequestration rule? West or whoever was arguing for the Defense seemed to have gotten caught 'flat-footed" when the Judge pointed out the sequestration problem! lol

Who was the witness who was offering the proffer in re the files on Martin's cell phone? Was that the guy who works for the State Attorney's Office who earlier reported that the State had withheld information?
Yeah the CellBrite guy was Richard Connor, also an atty and a member of the Florida bar. Don't remember if he worked for the SA office. I believe there was other testimony by a Wesley White and Ben Credos on behalf of the defense alleging discovery violations by the State re the cell phone records. Apparently a sanction is in the works against BDLR by West and co re the alleged violations.

The other potential sequestration violation had to do with the testimony of Zimmerman's close friend John Donnelly. Donnelly was discovered to have been present in court as a spectator for at least 3 days last week prior to his testimony, sitting right behind the defense. He had just been called and deposed by the defense over the weekend.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:05 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
This will be deleted for being off topic when this evenings clean up begins but I haven't put myself in any situations that I have felt in danger in my 60+ years.
Do you think Trayvon profiled GZ when he determined he was a "Creepy A** Cracker" ?

Yes he did and this is profiling.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:05 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Damn! I missed the fireworks!

I had to go pick my son up from work and must have left just before the pooh hit the fan.

I'm sorry I missed it; I could tell things were getting testy. Did West really say he couldn't keep up or something? Maybe he needs to go get an ice cream cone or something. Maybe buy one or two for Zimmerman, too.

I wonder if I can find it on YouTube?
The fun starts about 6 minutes in.

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN TRIAL TRAYVON TEXT MESSAGES 7.9.13 Pt.27 - YouTube

Old 07-09-2013, 09:07 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,733,630 times
Quote:
The Rule of Sequestration for witnesses means that after the Rule is invoked, they cannot be in the courtroom during the testimony of other witnesses, it means they cannot talk to anyone about their testimony, including the attorneys, and they are not allowed to discuss their testimony with others/anyone when court is in recess.

The Rule of Sequestration is common, it is usually invoked in every criminal trial at the start of the case, before any witnesses testify. However, after a witness testifies and excused (NOT subject to recall) they can come back into the courtroom and listen if they want. If they are excused "subject to recall" they are still under sequestration and cannot come back in the courtroom and are NOT allowed to talk to anybody about their testimony, including the attorneys.

Soooooo, that means that the animation guy was on the witness list for the Defense, and at the very start of the trial, day one, the Rule of Seq. was invoked, so all the witnesses listed by both sides had to leave the court room, other than the victim's family, and the Court instructed them all that stuff I said above. AMAZING that the Defense was arguing that the animation expert had been consulting with them during the trial and evidence via testimony changed regarding where different witnesses were located!! I'm stunned that they totally "forgot" that.
OK, makes sense. It was the "legal term" that tripped me up. Been a long day hours looking for a (":") instead of a (";"), tanks.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:08 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times
Quote:
The Rule of Sequestration for witnesses means that after the Rule is invoked, they cannot be in the courtroom during the testimony of other witnesses, it means they cannot talk to anyone about their testimony, including the attorneys, and they are not allowed to discuss their testimony with others/anyone when court is in recess.

The Rule of Sequestration is common, it is usually invoked in every criminal trial at the start of the case, before any witnesses testify. However, after a witness testifies and excused (NOT subject to recall) they can come back into the courtroom and listen if they want. If they are excused "subject to recall" they are still under sequestration and cannot come back in the courtroom and are NOT allowed to talk to anybody about their testimony, including the attorneys.

Soooooo, that means that the animation guy was on the witness list for the Defense, and at the very start of the trial, day one, the Rule of Seq. was invoked, so all the witnesses listed by both sides had to leave the court room, other than the victim's family, and the Court instructed them all that stuff I said above. AMAZING that the Defense was arguing that the animation expert had been consulting with them during the trial and evidence via testimony changed regarding where different witnesses were located!! I'm stunned that they totally "forgot" that.
The animation guy actually had the witness Mr. Good advise him and work w/ him on the animation, that's what I thought was said during the states cross of this animation guy when they were arguing admittance of the animation.......That really po'd the judge. Sounded like it happened last night or very recently. And, remember Good was the states witness...not even supposed to be talking to the other attorney's is he??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies