Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 05:56 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I will really listen closely to the judges instructions. If it is put that way, I really dont know how they convict him on anything.

And its too bad the texts on Martin's phone werent allowed. That would be another huge blow to the state's already deflated case. Seeing the mentality of Martin, into fighting and thinking of getting an illegal gun would give even more backing of Zimmermans case.
I think I heard the state wants Aggravated Battery in addition to manslaughter added as lesser included offenses.

Though the state didn't come close to proving beyond a reasonable doubt that it was not justifiable self defense, I still feel the jury will want to punish him for leaving his car, carrying a gun, not identifying himself, and a few of his other actions, so will convict on one of the lesser charges.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:06 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
He actually said, when asked white, black, or hispanic by dispatch --- 'he looks black.' A degree of uncertainty. It wasn't until tm came closer that gz said--- yea, he's black, or yea he's a black guy.

He called dispatch because of a suspicious guy, not a suspicious black guy. imo.
I agree with this. Everyone was saying he profiled Trayvon due to race, but in the 911 tape it's clear that Zimmerman was not even sure what race Trayvon was until he investigated.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I think I heard the state wants Aggravated Battery in addition to manslaughter added as lesser included offenses.

Though the state didn't come close to proving beyond a reasonable doubt that it was not justifiable self defense, I still feel the jury will want to punish him for leaving his car, carrying a gun, not identifying himself, and a few of his other actions, so will convict on one of the lesser charges.
If I had to bet on an outcome I would agree with this and put my money on manslaughter or some type of negligent homicide.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:10 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
Why didn't they charge him with that, then?
They did, in Fla I believe it's automatically included in a Murder charge. But if aquitted, perhaps down the road they will find another crime for Vig Z, like late Glock payments or something, sentence him, ala OJ, 33 years for that.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:19 AM

370 posts, read 247,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
They did, in Fla I believe it's automatically included in a Murder charge. But if aquitted, perhaps down the road they will find another crime for Vig Z, like late Glock payments or something, sentence him, ala OJ, 33 years for that.
So the state over charged him on purpose and hoped to make SOMETHING "stick"?

Old 07-11-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
So the state over charged him on purpose and hoped to make SOMETHING "stick"?
If you just keep throwing crap at a wall it's bound to happen.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:28 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
[originally posted by Ibginnie]
This thread will open before the trial begins and any open threads on the subject will be closed. You can copy posts from previous threads into this thread to allow for continuity.

Do not discuss other posters and please stay on topic. Posts will be removed and infractions issued.

It seems like a good time to repost this; why is it that some posters simply cannot maintain a sense of civility, much less one of common decency? Harassing and rudeness are TABOO on this thread, and keep in mind that the character assassination of a kid who'd been 17 for two damn weeks who is DEAD is the lowest level of social interaction possible. He was killed simply walking home from the convenience store, for God's sake. George Zimmerman killed him and is on trial for that...Trayvon Martin is not alive to testify about the fear he experienced in the last minutes of his life. As another poster said, there is a karmic law, and some folks are going to get a jolt from the universe for their lack of sheer humanity. This thread went well today, but apparently some posters only learn by rote, so the moderator's words should be posted daily, apparently. Frankly, some posters should be ashamed of themselves for behaving like middle school bullies. It's just plain disgusting. Discuss the trial, not other posters or groups of people. Ibginnie is right...grow up and get over it.
Bravo! Very well said.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:44 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
The jury being sequestered throughout was a great idea. They're not getting to hear opinions and what ifs and all the other stuff. They have only evidence to go on which is how our system is supposed to work.

Last night I heard Nancy Grace. Holy crap!! Was she an attorney? And if so, did she get her degree from a cereal box?

I don't think she knows that convictions and acquittals are based on evidence.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
The jury being sequestered throughout was a great idea. They're not getting to hear opinions and what ifs and all the other stuff. They have only evidence to go on which is how our system is supposed to work.

Last night I heard Nancy Grace. Holy crap!! Was she an attorney? And if so, did she get her degree from a cereal box?

I don't think she knows that convictions and acquittals are based on evidence.
She is just as worthless as the rest of the MSM boneheads. I often wonder how hard it is for the networks to find people like this.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:52 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
They are working on clarifying if Manslaughter and Aggravated Assault can be lesser included charges. We will likely hear that conclusion fairly early today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies