Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 06:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Who was within their rights? I thought there was a Stand Your Ground law in Florida?

But I guess that only applies to those who aren't black.........
Ding....Ding....Ding... You've won the 10,000000 race card comment in this case. Charlie, tell him what he's won.

Well gang, he's won an all expense paid "be reverend Al for the day experience" where he'll get to hang out with Jesse at the next protest march in Detroit or Chicago with accommodations provided by..... Whatever hotel Jesse and the SEIU is extorting at the moment.

Back to the trial, nothing has been shown that it has/had anything to do with race so why inject it?

Old 07-11-2013, 06:35 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ding....Ding....Ding... You've won the 10,000000 race card comment in this case. Charlie, tell him what he's won.

Well gang, he's won an all expense paid "be reverend Al for the day experience" where he'll get to hang out with Jesse at the next protest march in Detroit or Chicago with accommodations provided by..... Whatever hotel Jesse and the SEIU is extorting at the moment.

Back to the trial, nothing has been shown that it has/had anything to do with race so why inject it?
You forgot to mention the bonus round.. LOL

Old 07-11-2013, 06:39 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

Old 07-11-2013, 06:53 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
No one wants to talk about Bernie's fancy circa 2005 computer graphics?
Or his Skype Snafu?

Old 07-11-2013, 06:59 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
So that was it eh? What a sorry closing, from a very deranged attorney.

I see where he(Bernie) even said Zim had a "overloaded weapon"? Now that's pure stupidity.

That was the point at which I went out for ice cream. There's only so much stupid one can take in one day, and that pushed me over my limit.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:06 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
The more I think about it I just don't see how this could possibly go any other way than Zimmerman walking out of that courtroom. The worst that could possibly happen is a hung jury, there's no way that the one juror who has a concealed handgun permit isn't going to sympathize with Zimmerman. She's got common sense, knows that the world isn't all rainbows and unicorns and that people carry guns to defend themselves just like Zimmerman did.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That was the point at which I went out for ice cream. There's only so much stupid one can take in one day, and that pushed me over my limit.
That's ok, so did the jury. I'm sure they were highly ticked when he started slamming things on the table and screaming, I mean heck, can't anyone get a nap around here???

My question is at what point did he start sounding like a Charlie Brown show teacher with the "waaa,waaa,waaa,waaa,waaaaaa".

Old 07-11-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The more I think about it I just don't see how this could possibly go any other way than Zimmerman walking out of that courtroom. The worst that could possibly happen is a hung jury, there's no way that the one juror who has a concealed handgun permit isn't going to sympathize with Zimmerman. She's got common sense, knows that the world isn't all rainbows and unicorns and that people carry guns to defend themselves just like Zimmerman did.
I agree with your point about Zimmerman getting a walk. I just can't apply common sense to Zimmerman's actions. LOL
He was carrying a loaded weapon with no true safety. That isn't what I would call safe.
But you are correct there are way to many places in this country where one would feel the need to carry.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:14 PM

17,359 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I have no clue what will happen.

I remember the Casey Anthony debacle ... all the talking heads were going through the charges and saying that even if they found her not guilty of murder, she had to be found guilty of child endangerment (or something-something like that) which carried a longish sentence. No one thought that she'd pretty much walk.

Logically, I see them coming to the self-defense conclusion - and if I understand it correctly, if they believe it was self-defense, there's no way that he'll be found guilty of any of the lessers.

But ... who knows. I won't be surprised no matter what verdict they come out of there with.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:17 PM

The one thing I can see causing them to vote guilty is peer pressure. The fear they will be labeled racist for a not guilty verdict. No evidence or testimony was strong enough to convict GZ. IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies