Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 10:56 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
My religion tells me homosexuality is wrong, therefore homosexual marriage is wrong.
I don't care what 'society' says, or what PC (Communism's form of anti-free speech)
says, and people calling me names does not sway me. I have no hidden tendencies.
I have a wife, two sons, and two grandchildren who believe in traditional marriage.

Our goal is Heaven, I (we) will not deviate that course, call me whatever, I don't care.
That is your right to believe. You just cant attempt to force anyone else to believe like you do. The US constitution says that persons will not be treated differently.

Your beliefs might say its ok, but the US Constitution does not.

Good luck in your afterlife travels.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:30 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Great so now that its proven to be an internecine feud would it be possible to discussing something that has more merit than the political link between how one or another likes their roast beef? But then again why not warm sandwich based identity politics? But I am glad straight people will no longer be the scape goats.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:43 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,389,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
.I am so outmatched by the superior intellect of the open-minded homosexuality advocate.

Yes, you are, but that's besides the point. A point being something you rarely have, and when you do try to make one, it never comes out as good as it sounds in that head of yours, does it?

Despite your success in teaching him MSPaint, I venture that you will not be as successful in teaching him to be a know-nothing dead-ender on this issue like dear old pa. Unless he inherited some really awful genes, your son will likely join the rest of his generation in having absolutely no problem with gay folks or extending gay rights to people.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:46 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
That is your right to believe. You just cant attempt to force anyone else to believe like you do. The US constitution says that persons will not be treated differently.

Your beliefs might say its ok, but the US Constitution does not.

Good luck in your afterlife travels.
That is not being treated differently necessarily. If everyone gets vanilla ice cream, even if I don't like it, I am treated the same materially and objectively. The issue is equitably and subjectively. I just have this thing about well constructed, logical arguments. If we define equal treatment as allowing me to equally fulfill what ever desire we have, then why not allow those who are happy defecating in the streets to indulge their happiness?

Thus I believe you might win more allies if instead of fixating on a single issue enjoyable by you that the battle is fought over the concept of the oxymoronic victim-less crimes and general concepts of liberty more or less defaulting to tolerance until there is a victim.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,389,796 times
Quote:
My religion tells me homosexuality is wrong, therefore homosexual marriage is wrong.
I don't care what 'society' says, or what PC (Communism's form of anti-free speech)
says, and people calling me names does not sway me. I have no hidden tendencies.
I have a wife, two sons, and two grandchildren who believe in traditional marriage.

Our goal is Heaven, I (we) will not deviate that course, call me whatever, I don't care.

So if your goal is heaven, don't get gay married if that's what your religion forbids.

Honestly, what kind of crackpot idiot runs around saying, "my religion says I can't _________, so I'm going to make sure nobody else can do it?"

The Jews manage to live in a world with bacon, Amish pass lighted billboard signs on the way to and from the farmer's market, and Muslims gaze upon the faces of uncovered women every day in this country.

Your religion also says it's an unforgivable sin to reject Jesus, yet I don't see you geniuses advocating a repeal of the first amendment, or to make other religions illegal. Or maybe you WOULD like that, but realize that is even less a popular position to take these days than being anti-gay.

Figure out how to reconcile THAT with your obsession with same-sex-sex, and then get back to us. Until then, you'll forgive the rest of us for rightfully calling your lot out as the fraudsters and sexually repressed whackjobs that so many of you are.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:54 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So if your goal is heaven, don't get gay married if that's what your religion forbids.

Honestly, what kind of crackpot idiot runs around saying, "my religion says I can't _________, so I'm going to make sure nobody else can do it?"

The Jews manage to live in a world with bacon, Amish pass lighted billboard signs on the way to and from the farmer's market, and Muslims gaze upon the faces of uncovered women every day in this country.

Your religion also says it's an unforgivable sin to reject Jesus, yet I don't see you geniuses advocating a repeal of the first amendment, or to make other religions illegal. Or maybe you WOULD like that, but realize that is even less a popular position to take these days than being anti-gay.

Figure out how to reconcile THAT with your obsession with same-sex-sex, and then get back to us. Until then, you'll forgive the rest of us for rightfully calling your lot out as the fraudsters and sexually repressed whackjobs that so many of you are.
Wow dude, this was beyond eloquent. Seriously, I laughed out loud reading this. I don't think you could have been more logical & called out their BS any better. I bow down at your greatness.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:57 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:

Once again, as was pointed out you are welcome to your beliefs. But your beliefs DO NOT extend beyond you. You have no right or authority to force anyone else to follow your beliefs. Even within Judeo-Christianity, your beliefs are not agreed upon. 70% of Jews support same-sex marriage. Over half of all Christians do as well.

I don't see you advocating for laws that ban other things your religion calls a sin. Jesus himself condemned both divorce and adultery, both of which are rampant, even among Christians.

Why do you ignore this glaring double standard and hypocrisy?

Old 07-09-2013, 12:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot_Handz

.I am so outmatched by the superior intellect
of the open-minded homosexuality advocate
That's been established quite some time ago.
Finally, we can agree on something.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddy5

My religion tells me homosexuality is wrong,
therefore homosexual marriage is wrong.
says, and people calling me
names does not sway me. I have no hidden tendencies.
I have a wife, two
sons, and two grandchildren who believe in traditional marriage.

Our
goal is Heaven, I (we) will not deviate that course, call me whatever, I don't
care.
Your religion also says tattoos are wrong. Do you stand outside tattoo parlours and preach how they should be shut down?
Your religion says horoscopes and psychics are wrong. Do you write angry letters to the editor, demanding that the Satan-inspired daily horoscope be pulled from the newspaper?
Your religion says only virgins can get married and others should be stoned to death. Do you stand outside churches with a pocketful of rocks, ready to hurl them at the bride's head because you know the couple was cohabitating?
Your religion says shaving your beard is wrong. Does your beard reach the floor, or do you braid it to keep it from picking up dust bunnies?
But NOOOOOO! It's always the gays these bangers home in on. Always.
Hypocrites.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:12 PM

"I think gays are "icky", so I'll use my belief in the bible to oppose it. All the other rules can be conveniently ignored."
You can set your watch by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.