Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellmeplease View Post
I've got you: pro-perversion studies are cristal clear, and anti-perversion are being paid off by evil conservatives. And no need to proof that, I just truly believe you, my dear liberal friends.
Don't play the name game; this conservative thinks you are way off your rocker.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:42 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The point is, that the norm is procreation, something impossible between two gay men. It's common sense, and fundamental. What percentage of the male female heterosexual population is sterile? Less the one percent. So why is this something that is worth discussion?
And reproduction is not a requirement to get married.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:46 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Well, who are you to determine that gays just want to punish others who are against ssm. My partner and I got married to partake of the benefits, protections and rights, we have been together for 34 years now and deserve the same protections. Why should we call it something else other than marriage, no one owns the word marriage and civil unions have been banned in every state that also bans ssm as are domestic partnerships. Since you are not gay, I would say you are ignorant to what gays feel about ssm. The extreme agenda is from the church, especially the vatican.
I'm not gay, but my best friend is. I was happy to attend her wedding during the brief time that she was able to marry in CA. I'm involved in a hobby that has a large percentage of gays that participate. I know some are for ssm, some against it, and some don't care as long as the union brings the same privileges and rights as marriage. I know that most of the gay community is not extreme.

But my gay friends, and you, can't deny that many in the movement are NOT in it for the right reasons, but are fighting to push forward and agenda, and to punish their enemy - religious people. And just because you agree with the gay agenda, doesn't mean it is less extreme than the church's agenda.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But my gay friends, and you, can't deny that many in the movement are NOT in it for the right reasons, but are fighting to push forward an agenda...
And that agenda would be.... ? What? Spreading "the gay" amongst the rest of the population?

LOL You make me laugh!

Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,176,546 times
^
The agenda is equality and acceptance. Two words, but so radical to comprehend...

...and I'm not sure how gay marriage and gay civil rights is "punishing the enemy".

Old 07-10-2013, 10:05 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellmeplease View Post
I've got you: pro-perversion studies are cristal clear, and anti-perversion are being paid off by evil conservatives. And no need to proof that, I just truly believe you, my dear liberal friends.
No, really, you don't.

A study showing those with homophobic tendencies have homosexual tendencies is not "pro-anything." It is explaining a phenomena.

The studies crackpots such as yourself point to, however, have been debunked time and again. On this board and in academia.

Provide just ONE PEER-REVIEWED (do you know what that means?) study to support your position as previously asked. Or hell, to even support an anti-gay agenda.

Otherwise, scurry along little one. Back to the dark corner of the internet you came from, where you can sit around and mentally masturbate with people who appreciate and share your ignorance.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:06 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'm not gay, but my best friend is. I was happy to attend her wedding during the brief time that she was able to marry in CA. I'm involved in a hobby that has a large percentage of gays that participate. I know some are for ssm, some against it, and some don't care as long as the union brings the same privileges and rights as marriage. I know that most of the gay community is not extreme.

But my gay friends, and you, can't deny that many in the movement are NOT in it for the right reasons, but are fighting to push forward and agenda, and to punish their enemy - religious people. And just because you agree with the gay agenda, doesn't mean it is less extreme than the church's agenda.
How is me having equal protections and benefits under the law punishing christians?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:06 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise

Please provide a link to demonstrate that punishing religious people - and not to advance full equality for themselves - is the goal?

In fact, many gays ARE religious. "Religious people" are also not exclusively anti-gay.... though religious folks tend to lead the bigot side.

Is that something your church told you?

Old 07-10-2013, 11:05 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,881,317 times
I never understood why homosexuals are so sensitive! If the can take a p@nis in their rectum, surely they can take a joke? I fully support homosexual marriage. LIve and let live!

Last edited by smittyjohnny38; 07-10-2013 at 11:13 AM..

Old 07-10-2013, 11:13 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Do you really believe the stuff you post or is it just an attempt to make increasingly ridiculous claims just to get reactions from us?
What do you think? This is the same guy who claimed that adoptive parents abuse their children, but "natural" parents never do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies