Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 01:06 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,540,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Ultimately both. The attack on the Rothschild family is purely and entirely a demonstration of antisemitism. And you can't seriously talk about antisemitism without recognizing its source in Christian theology.

That's just a lame thing to say. This family has been the wealthiest family on Earth for the past couple of centuries and their business practices aren't exactly good for humanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 01:15 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,028,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
That's just a lame thing to say. This family has been the wealthiest family on Earth for the past couple of centuries and their business practices aren't exactly good for humanity.
They're business practices have been a vast benefit to humanity, as has been their philanthropy.

They are hated for one reason. They are Jews.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:23 PM

11,999 posts, read 12,869,158 times
Quote:

Organized religion has NOTHING to do with this discussion. You seem paranoid.

I guarantee that the Rothschilds (and every other mega-rich family on Earth) practice NO religion.
Organized Religion is to keep the common man content in their "temporary" life yet divided amongst eachother.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
They're business practices have been a vast benefit to humanity, as has been their philanthropy.

You're obviously joking or trolling. You simply can't be that naive. Then again, maybe you are.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

Religion has NOTHING to do with this discussion. You seem paranoid.

I guarantee that the Rothschilds (and nearly every other mega-loaded family on Earth has NO religion).
They do have a religion. They worship power.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Entirely antisemitism?
Entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904
I would think there are legitimate bones to pick with one of the wealthiest families on Earth.
You would think... and yet instead of getting anything vaguely resembling real bones to pick, you get insane conspiracy theories, demonstrably false accusations, assertions of evil and all sorts of bizarre attributions of motive... how can any of that be explained by something as simple as, oh, they're just very wealthy? Where in this thread is a single, honest, accurate complaint about the Rothschilds?

No my friend. History has proven that when you scratch the surface of anti-Rothschild rhetoric there is always and invariably somebody underneath waving around a well thumbed copy of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Organized religion has NOTHING to do with this discussion. You seem paranoid.
Paranoid about what? I'm not Jewish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a
I guarantee that the Rothschilds (and every other mega-rich family on Earth) practice NO religion.
Even while I too consider all religious belief to by rank superstition, I personally know for a fact that your guarantee isn't worth the bandwidth it was sent over. I personally know many very wealthy, very religious people.

That said... the thread has nothing to do with whether or not the Rothschilds are practicing Jews. It has to do with the reason there is a cottage industry of nutbag conspiracy theories that surround what is an otherwise nothing more than a very successful family. And this is primarily because they are Jews.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:34 PM

11,999 posts, read 12,869,158 times
Quote:
They do have a religion. They worship power.
I agree. It's true I have seen anti-semitic rhetoric in many Rothschild discussions, but as I said earlier people as powerful/wealthy as The Rothschild's do not have a religion so the whole point is mute.

Both anti-semites and people crying wolf stifle conversation on what should be one of the most talked about families on Earth.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
You're obviously joking or trolling. You simply can't be that naive. Then again, maybe you are.
Try to actually make a case that I am either. It might be entertaining to watch.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:37 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,355,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Both Paul and Peter were Jews who preached Jesus as the Jewish Messiah and Lord. There is no difference in their core beliefs. If you prefer Peter's view, here is some of it:

27 When they had brought them, they stood them before the Council. The high priest questioned them, 28 saying, “We gave you strict orders not to continue teaching in this name, and yet, you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and intend to bring this man’s blood upon us.” 29 But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men. 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a cross. 31 He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

33 But when they heard this, they were cut to the quick and intended to kill them. 34 But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the Law, respected by all the people, stood up in the Council and gave orders to put the men outside for a short time. 35 And he said to them, “Men of Israel, take care what you propose to do with these men. 36 For some time ago Theudas rose up, claiming to be somebody, and a group of about four hundred men joined up with him. But he was killed, and all who followed him were dispersed and came to nothing. 37 After this man, Judas of Galilee rose up in the days of the census and drew away some people after him; he too perished, and all those who followed him were scattered. 38 So in the present case, I say to you, stay away from these men and let them alone, for if this plan or action is of men, it will be overthrown; 39 but if it is of God, you will not be able to overthrow them; or else you may even be found fighting against God.”

40 They took his advice; and after calling the apostles in, they flogged them and ordered them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and then released them. 41 So they went on their way from the presence of the Council, rejoicing that they had been considered worthy to suffer shame for His name. 42 And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they kept right on teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

(Acts 5: 27-42)
That seems to be a running theme of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies