Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 01:41 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
They're business practices have been a vast benefit to humanity, as has been their philanthropy.

They are hated for one reason. They are Jews.
Well I guess one can say some of their investments in railroads, mines, Royal Dutch etc as being a boon to humanity. They did build some nice hospitals too. I doubt the Palestinian Arabs view some members funding Zionist projects as a boon to humanity. Or their funding of rogue regimes to make war but I guess it is all a matter of perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 01:43 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
They're business practices have been a vast benefit to humanity, as has been their philanthropy.

They are hated for one reason. They are Jews.
I am curious as to which college you attended.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

Organized religion has NOTHING to do with this discussion. You seem paranoid.

I guarantee that the Rothschilds (and every other mega-rich family on Earth) practice NO religion.
Organized Religion is to keep the common man content in their "temporary" life yet divided amongst eachother.
Well I doubt many current Rothschilds practice Orthodox Judaism but the founding members of the family did. They did so for quite a view generations. They didn't start marrying outside of their family until the end of 19th century. Then it was too mainly daughters marrying bankrupt Lords. Any member marrying a Christian was disowned completely before then. One daughter ran off with a Christian soldier. I believe her mother walked her to the door of the church on her wedding day and never saw her again.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:48 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,619,937 times
I don't know much about their religious practices or their financial investments either, but they arguably make some of the best red wines in the world at Chateaux Lafite-Rothschild in Paulliac, Bordeaux. Many consider Lafite to be the pinnacle expression of Cabernet with release prices topping $1300~1400 per bottle!

Old 07-12-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingGun View Post
I don't know much about their religious practices or their financial investments either, but they arguably make some of the best red wines in the world at Chateaux Lafite-Rothschild in Paulliac, Bordeaux. Many consider Lafite to be the pinnacle expression of Cabernet with release prices topping $1300~1400 per bottle!
Well I don't roll in such circles. The vineyard has been in family for 150 years or so they are definitely top vintners. The property though predates them and has been considered the source of good wine long before the Rothschilds.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:00 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Well I guess one can say some of their investments in railroads, mines, Royal Dutch etc as being a boon to humanity. They did build some nice hospitals too. I doubt the Palestinian Arabs view some members funding Zionist projects as a boon to humanity. Or their funding of rogue regimes to make war but I guess it is all a matter of perspective.
The Rothschilds were a large family some of whom were Zionist, many of whom were not. Some were actively opposed to the creation of a Jewish State. So you are on pretty iffy ground trying to cherry pick the Palestinians as your poster child for the portion of humanity that has somehow been injured by the Rothschilds.

As to the alleged "funding of rogue regimes to wage war" you are now deep into the bull**** of the anti-Rothschild fiction. The last "regime" they funded to wage war was Britain against Napoleon. And Britain was hardly a "rogue regime."

Old 07-12-2013, 02:01 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
I am curious as to which college you attended.
The US Military Academy at West Point.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:06 PM

506 posts, read 958,005 times
I think they are a family of people who have fortunately inherited by made ancestrally in their very far family history. They have always lived in extreme wealth beyond their needs as people. With that, in modern and western society, wealth equals power and high social hierarchy. Weather they are evil or not is up for interpretation and agenda of the individual. I personally don't think that they own the whole world (let alone control anything and everything) like a lot of conspiracy theorists think, but with their family's extreme wealth does give them more power to get involved with some government activities like other extreme wealthy elites.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
The Rothschilds were a large family some of whom were Zionist, many of whom were not. Some were actively opposed to the creation of a Jewish State. So you are on pretty iffy ground trying to cherry pick the Palestinians as your poster child for the portion of humanity that has somehow been injured by the Rothschilds.

As to the alleged "funding of rogue regimes to wage war" you are now deep into the bull**** of the anti-Rothschild fiction. The last "regime" they funded to wage war was Britain against Napoleon. And Britain was hardly a "rogue regime."
Oh brother. So are you suggesting the Rothschilds stopped making loans to countries after the Napoleonic Wars?

Old 07-12-2013, 02:14 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
The "spheres" were hardly isolated from each other, Marco Polo having returned in the 13th Century with a detailed, widely read and well received description of fiat currency under the Yuan Dynasty of the Great Kahn.
For noodles, not financial systems. Stop butchering European history as if a trip to China had anything to do with the European financial systems. Bout all you can to is toss up irrelevant factoids. Someone hits me with their car and you want to make me believe its about GM or Ford.

Quote:
And in Europe itself, the first issue of paper fiat currency was in 1661 under royal charter from the Kingdom of Sweden. The Bank of Amsterdam followed in 1683. Perhaps you should get hold of a calendar, because this was a century prior to the Rothschild beginning to accumulate their great wealth.
I already told you that the Rothschild's took bank notes out of the regional scope meaning you are a complete hack. If I could take subway tickets in New York and they were still good in Chicago the tickets would not be converted into specie. Get it? No of course you don't. Region fiat currencies are very limited in their ability to expand.

Quote:
But moving beyond your simple historical incompetence, I prefer to drill down to the real issue here.
The issue is your historical incompetence.
The whole paper money of every kind which can easily circulate in any country never can exceed the value of the gold and silver, of which it supplies the place, or which (the commerce being supposed the same) would circulate there, if there was no paper money. If twenty shilling notes, for example, are the lowest paper money current in Scotland, the whole of that currency which can easily circulate there cannot exceed the sum of gold and silver which would be necessary for transacting the annual exchanges of twenty shillings value and upwards usually transacted within that country. Should the circulating paper at any time exceed that sum, as the excess could neither be sent abroad nor be employed in the circulation of the country, it must immediately return upon the banks to be exchanged for gold and silver. Many people would immediately perceive that they had more of this paper than was necessary for transacting their business at home, and as they could not send it abroad, they would immediately demand payment of it from the banks. When this superfluous paper was converted into gold and silver, they could easily find a use for it by sending it abroad; but they could find none while it remained in the shape of paper. There would immediately, therefore, be a run upon the banks to the whole extent of this superfluous paper, and, if they showed any difficulty or backwardness in payment, to a much greater extent; the alarm which this would occasion necessarily increasing the run.

Adam Smith, Wealth of Nations.

The Rothschild International presence made the conversion to gold and silver seemingly unnecessary.

Quote:
You hate fiat money, which is generally characteristic only of economic ignoramuses and monetary nincompoops. Fiat money is an overwhelming good for economic systems, for the capacity of individuals to generate and accumulate wealth, for raising standards of living and the consumptive capacity of a society, for generalizing affluence and removing the frictions in trade systems that generate waste and inefficiency.
Where did I say that. You are too sloppy to note the difference:
They were the first to bloat the money supply with their own fiat banks notes
I don't like private issuers of credit with fractionally reserved expansion by private interest. . I have often explained how well public chartalist monetary system can work. I doubt very much you are very familiar with the UMKC school, Wray, Kelton and Mosler. You are clearly once again way over your head and woefully ignorant as if "fiat" money is operationally done in one way.

Quote:
More to the point... ultimately all money is fiat money. Even gold coins.

People opposed to fiat money are almost without exception total nut-burgers.
Great. Tell it to them and stop embarrassing yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies