Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 04:04 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubengal1982 View Post
Does anyone else find it ironic that there are children wearing the orange pro-choice shirts at the capital and other rallies around the state. If these kids parents had it their way, they wouldnt even exist.
That is an odd statement since abortion has been legal nationwide since 1973, so unless they are 40+ year old children, then their parents did have the choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 04:06 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The parents DID have their way. They had the CHOICE to abort, and CHOSE not to.
I tried to rep you but my wand is out of juice.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:07 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janie69 View Post
Rely on a coat hanger to kill the baby. wow. No respect for human life whatsoever. Disgusting. So a baby from rape is not human? what is it?
do you not know women used coat hangers to self abort pre roe v wade?

Old 07-11-2013, 04:11 PM

30,994 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am pro life. I would make exceptions for pregnancies which seriously endanger the life or health of the mother (it becomes then a case of self defense in my opinion) and for pregnancies that are the result of rape or incest - ESPECIALLY if the victim is a minor. (That being said, I personally would not choose that option if I was the victim of rape - I would consider the baby to be another victim, and would give it up for adoption, most likely.)

I am vehemently opposed to abortions being performed without parental consent, in the case of minors. A parent should know if a medical procedure is being performed on their child.

As for malformed fetuses, each case is very different. In situations where an infant's condition is incompatible with life outside the womb, and especially if the infant would suffer and then die upon birth, I can see abortion being an option, albeit a very intensely personal and difficult decision to make.

All that aside, though, I don't have an issue with children attending PEACEFUL political rallies or protests. Parents have the right to raise their children with their moral values unless the child's safety is compromised.
"That being said, I personally would not choose that option if I was the victim of rape - I would consider the baby to be another victim, and would give it up for adoption, most likely"
Wow! that would be a tough one. 'Going through life knowing you were the product of a rape'

"As for malformed fetuses, each case is very different. In situations where an infant's condition is incompatible with life outside the womb, and especially if the infant would suffer and then die upon birth, I can see abortion being an option"
There are a lot of different situations, where some make more sense than others. Then there are countries like China and India that abort female unborns in mass.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:12 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janie69 View Post
Rely on a coat hanger to kill the baby. wow. No respect for human life whatsoever. Disgusting. So a baby from rape is not human? what is it?
Almost no one in America would force a woman to carry to term a pregnancy cause by rape. If you do, you are in the very very small minority of people in America that does.

Not even the state of Texas bill forces a woman raped to carry to term.

Thank God you are in the extream minority.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:24 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,965,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeinatx View Post
You want to claim semantics, spelling and grammar are critically important.
If you have been on the internet very long, you would know better.
For that matter, if you read your local newspaper very much you would know better!
For instance, in my local paper today, there is mention of the "Autobahn Society" in a column about birds. I just about choked on my cereal!
Proofreading is a lost art. Nobody cares these days. It is all left to the computer, and the computer program doesn't know anything worthwhile.
I gave up long ago trying to encourage internet posters to maintain any level of spelling or grammar.
It is quite simply a lost cause.
Now, I merely think "Well, I can ignore anything that person has to say! If he (or she) can't be bothered to write in a clear, concise, manner, his (her) ravings aren't worth the bandwidth they take up!"
I did proofread this. Hopefully I found all my typographical errors.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:49 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubengal1982 View Post
Symantics.. They mean the same. If youre pro choice you want the option to have an abortion. If youre pro abortion, you want the option to have an abortion.
I think you need to look up the meaning of the word ~ choice.

Choice and Abortion do NOT mean the same thing.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:15 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Rats, I was just planning on launching a new line of coffee called Taster's Abortion...back to the drawing board for me!

Old 07-11-2013, 07:43 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,380,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

And the fact that this even has to be explained makes me wonder about just what the heck our educational institutions are doing, anyway.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:53 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,994,528 times
Children at pro-choice rallies? Children are already featured at pro-life rallies, so why can't pro-choicers get in on the action?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies