Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 07:10 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I read it. Enough to understand that the "crime" being committed here is that prospective couples are quote-falsifying-endquote information on the application. That it happens to mean gay couples can be fined or imprisoned for applying for a marriage license in a state which bans gay marriages and is about to write the ban into its constitution is no doubt the sheerest of coincidences.

Have I got the gist?
If they do, in fact, falsify the application, then yes. Which has been the law for a long time. But now that they're actually lowering the penalty for falsifying a marriage application, suddenly everyone is apoplectic. That's the part I can't figure out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 07:15 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Good grief. You're so deficient at formulating and defending an argument that you can't even keep track of the arguments you're making. If claiming that "[i]t's also a felony to perform a wedding/union for same sex couples" is not claiming that performing a same-sex wedding is a felony, then how exactly would you characterize it?

That's what official solemnization is by definition. The state doesn't care what union ceremonies you perform if you're not also performing them on their behalf. But if you want to latch onto something definitive and use it to shout "BIGOTRY!" from the rooftops, take comfort in the fact that ministers performing a gay wedding purportedly under the power vested in them by the state are in fact committing a misdemeanor crime. There, now don't you feel better? You still have something to be indignant about!

Yes.

Excellent description of your own hyperbolic, hyperventilating rhetoric. Lousy attempt at deflecting it though. Not my problem if you don't like having a mirror held up to you.
I reread my initial post and you are correct. I mistyped, it was not intentionally misleading. As for the rest of your post, you continue to use insulting language and wording, which indicates you care not about the issue, but only trying to prove something about yourself and use internet posting as a substitute for real world endeavors.

See ya!

Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellmeplease View Post
Dont mess infertilty with homosexuality, they have nothing to each other.
But you just said, as a way of justifying why same-sex marriage should be banned: "Marriage was established as a social mechanism for children to be born."

You're the one who brought fertility into this discussion -- not me.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:25 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If they do, in fact, falsify the application, then yes. Which has been the law for a long time. But now that they're actually lowering the penalty for falsifying a marriage application, suddenly everyone is apoplectic. That's the part I can't figure out.
The nature of what's being considered falsifying makes it pretty clear what the intent here is. I guess modifying the form to accommodate two men or two women is too much to ask. Ah well. Like the man said, "The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Old 07-09-2013, 07:25 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Considering the female misogyngy we see here from the far right, its clear the 'compassionate conservatives' capacity for hatred of any group is unlimited. And sociopathic.
Considering the war on females, war on race, war on migrant workers, war on liberalism, dreamed up by the far left, its clear the 'compassionate progressives' capacity for hatred of any group which doesn't agree with them is unlimited. And sociopathic.

That blatant group bashing can work in both directions

Old 07-09-2013, 07:27 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
LOL, I really dont care about this issue so much but watching gays heads blow up in intolerence while claiming to promote tolerance is to funny

I cant help it

I cant look away
I know the feeling. Watching conservatives heads blow up in oppression, while claiming to promote liberty and freedom, is how I like to spend my sunny afternoons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
My religion tells me homosexuality is wrong, therefore homosexual marriage is wrong.

Our goal is Heaven, I (we) will not deviate that course, call me whatever, I don't care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
That isn't the point, the point is, in fact, they sold us Americans out by passing this!!!!! Grrrr, and I'm shocked more people aren't livid about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Homosexuals are born that way.

Just like people born with other physical, mental and psychological problems.
And my favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Although not all hetero couples have children, ALL children come from a man and woman union.
Thus, it is in society's interest to support marriage as defined by a man and a woman.

A "homosexual" relationship is based on sexual fetishes.
It is not platonic friendship.
It is not sexual intercourse (since that can only happen with a man's part & a female's part).
It requires the use of substitutes (like anal sex and dildos) - fetishes.
It is a liability for society to dish out special legal priviledges based on sexual fetishes that statistically prove to be harmful medically and psychologically.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:38 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
The nature of what's being considered falsifying makes it pretty clear what the intent here is. I guess modifying the form to accommodate two men or two women is too much to ask. Ah well. Like the man said, "The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Well, it's clear to you anyway. Has any same-sex couple actually been convicted or even arrested for filling out an application for a marriage license in the 15 years since same-sex marriage was affirmatively prohibited by the statute?

If a same-sex couple wants to apply for a license to make a protest statement, cross out one of the genders and replace it with the appropriate gender, then fill out the form and submit it. Why they should change the form to accommodate protest applications is beyond me.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Considering the female misogyngy we see here from the far right, its clear the 'compassionate conservatives' capacity for hatred of any group is unlimited. And sociopathic.

The continuing saga of demonization.....................

Old 07-09-2013, 08:28 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
It was always like that. When some phenomenon gets to the peak it means its being on the road to death. Like during the agony organism pushes enormous amounts of energy, but its all done.

People get pissed off when black is called white, when perversion is called normal. Marriage was established as a social mechanism for children to be born, not for homosexual's (or hetersexual's) pleasure.
BALONEY, marriage was not established as a social mechanizh for children to be born, children are born outside of marriage, children are born to gay couples too, so why are the children of gay couples denied the rights and protections? Sorry, momentum is taking same sex marriage to eventual full legalization across the US, same as it did with interracial marriage, many stood against it and the federal government had to step in and stop the bans, same as they will do with same sex marriage. And it is not a perversion except in the minds of those who want to hate gays, they create a reason to blame us for being gay, say we made the choice, that we are perverted, yet ignore all of their own perversions. Sorry, but even a pervert can get married and so can a prisoner in for life.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:32 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Dont mess infertilty with homosexuality, they have nothing to each other.
When you make a claim that marriage is about bringing children into the world and ignore infertile couples and senior citizens who cannot reproduce, then your arguement that marriage is about children goes out the window. Apparently you think it should only be for straight people, even if they cannot reproduce. I see that as discrimination against gay people for no reason but that they are gay, has nothing to do with reproduction because gays can and do reproduce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies