Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 07:41 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

The OP seemed to insinuate the DOJ was organizing these marches, I don't believe that was true.
Did you read the link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 07:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Just remember..

United we stand but DIVIDED we fall.

It's to the government's benefit that citizens remaing divided among each other.
And it matters not which party is in control as they both benefit from the power they get.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:49 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,716,692 times
We have a generation of victims born and raised to believe they have been done wrong and cannot catch a break. The truth does not matter to them!

I have said it before and I will say it again. I don't believe for a second that you can convict Zimmerman on murder with the "evidence" provided. Not only does it show he was being assaulted and was the victim but justifies his use of deadly force!

Now with that said I think he owns some responsibility. There was no crime being committed and I think he was extremely negligent making contact with martin. Fact is if he waited in the truck for the police its almost guaranteed martin would be alive! I compare it to the police where in many jurisdictions they are not allowed to place themselves in a situation that escalates to deadly force... like purposefully standing in front of a fleeing vehicle and then shooting the driver because your life is in danger..

My guess is he will be found guilty of some lesser charge and justifiably so! But this is not murder and it was never based on racism. Police would routinely stop white people frequenting black neighborhoods where I lived because they knew they were there to buy drugs.... and 99.9% of the time they were right.. using race as a tool is not racism. I am not even saying that Zimmerman did that.. but we all know he probably did and probably had good reason too!

25 years ago my classmate who was white was chased down and stabbed 22 times in the face and chest but 4 black youth... this on Martin Luther King day.. I saw first hand the media try and down play it keep it on the back page sort of as to not cause tensions. I am not surprised now with the government we have the opposite taking place. This is the worst, most corrupt government we have had since the inception of this country! But what really burns me is the Apathy towards it.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:20 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
None of you appear to have the slightest inkling of what the CRS actually does, and PJ Media is very happy to keep you ignorant, as long as you're also outraged. You've been had.

So:

USDOJ: Community Relations Service

They're there to keep the lid on things by acting as go-betweens when protesters and authorities are ready to butt heads. But you keep on with the outrage, reality is so boring anyway.

ETA: Make that none of you except ellemint.
So, if this is actually the case, why did they only deal with and support those attacking Zimmerman?

We already know that the DOJ is biased from its actions over the last 4 1/2 years but this seems to be pushing it even farther.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:26 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Its going to be interesting how the gov. handles the riots after he is acquitted.
Here's a suggestion. Live fire.

Last edited by Darkatt; 07-11-2013 at 08:38 AM..

Old 07-11-2013, 09:21 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Bussing protester to a rally AGAINST ZIMMERMAN is "choosing sides".
They did not "bus protesters", you very ignorant person.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:27 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So $5000 over all of these events would do little to ease tensions so what exactly is the point and reason here?
So now they're doing too little?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
It is a huge freaking leap to say that the CSR was there...to...CSR was there to insight marches and ero the dsicontent. Huge freaking leap which is not supported by any documentation other that third or forth party conjecture.
It's PJ Media and PJ Media readers. Huge freakin' leaps is what they're there for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Where is the outrage from the MSM?
The MSM had a 19-year old intern Google "CSR DOJ" and realized that there's nothing to be outraged about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Did you read the link?
I did. No facts to support the underwear-on-head stupid notion that the DOJ was there to start riots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
So, if this is actually the case, why did they only deal with and support those attacking Zimmerman?
They do not support. They mediate, negotiate, try to keep tense situations from blowing up. Apparently the anti-Zimmerman rallies was where they estimated things had the biggest risk of going awry, or perhaps they were at pro-Zimmerman rallies as well, only PJ Media didn't see fit to report on that.

You guys are so being led down the garden path.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:59 AM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
We have a generation of victims born and raised to believe they have been done wrong and cannot catch a break. The truth does not matter to them!

I have said it before and I will say it again. I don't believe for a second that you can convict Zimmerman on murder with the "evidence" provided. Not only does it show he was being assaulted and was the victim but justifies his use of deadly force!

Now with that said I think he owns some responsibility. There was no crime being committed and I think he was extremely negligent making contact with martin. Fact is if he waited in the truck for the police its almost guaranteed martin would be alive! I compare it to the police where in many jurisdictions they are not allowed to place themselves in a situation that escalates to deadly force... like purposefully standing in front of a fleeing vehicle and then shooting the driver because your life is in danger..

My guess is he will be found guilty of some lesser charge and justifiably so! But this is not murder and it was never based on racism. Police would routinely stop white people frequenting black neighborhoods where I lived because they knew they were there to buy drugs.... and 99.9% of the time they were right.. using race as a tool is not racism. I am not even saying that Zimmerman did that.. but we all know he probably did and probably had good reason too!

25 years ago my classmate who was white was chased down and stabbed 22 times in the face and chest but 4 black youth... this on Martin Luther King day.. I saw first hand the media try and down play it keep it on the back page sort of as to not cause tensions. I am not surprised now with the government we have the opposite taking place. This is the worst, most corrupt government we have had since the inception of this country! But what really burns me is the Apathy towards it.
Honestly, this is what I think of all of this. I find using race as a reason to stop someone has a big pitfall, and it is one I'm familiar with. It assumes that one is guilty until proven innocent. I've had that happen to me. I've had an experience where I was followed in a store, no one else, just me. And I wasn't dressed like a "hood rat". I was being profiled. This person followed no one else in the store but me, the Black guy in the bookstore. What that basically says is "you're Black, therefore you're suspicious". And what you have said about Whites in Black neighborhoods, this is what I get from it. What you're basically saying is that "White people shouldn't live in or go to Black neighborhoods at all". Judging based on race presumes guilt until proven innocent. And race is a factor that a person cannot control. I can control how I dress, how I behave, and other controllable factors. I can't control what race I am, so why should I be judged by something I can't control? Why should I be judged based on the actions of other persons who happen to look like me? What benefit do I personally get from it?

Old 07-11-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So now they're doing too little?

It's PJ Media and PJ Media readers. Huge freakin' leaps is what they're there for.

The MSM had a 19-year old intern Google "CSR DOJ" and realized that there's nothing to be outraged about.

I did. No facts to support the underwear-on-head stupid notion that the DOJ was there to start riots.

They do not support. They mediate, negotiate, try to keep tense situations from blowing up. Apparently the anti-Zimmerman rallies was where they estimated things had the biggest risk of going awry, or perhaps they were at pro-Zimmerman rallies as well, only PJ Media didn't see fit to report on that.

You guys are so being led down the garden path.
Speaking of the garden path, which fork do you take? Oh yeah, the left one!

Old 07-11-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Quote:
Honestly, this is what I think of all of this. I find using race as a reason to
stop someone has a big pitfall,
Spo hatred of Zimmerman because of his race is bad too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies