Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 11:40 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I always hear on this forum how great guns are and how they make us all safer.

Then I read that 120 Children have been killed accidentally and unintentionally since Newtown alone.

How many children have been saved or even remotely protected by a gun since Newtown I wonder? I bet I could count it on one hand.

So please folks, I know it's your right to have guns but just stop with absolute baloney about how guns don't kill, people do and how great it is to have guns in your house when anyone with a braincell knows having guns in your house makes it much more dangerous to live there.

Guns killing children: An American epidemic * - NY Daily News
You DO understand that the statistics consider ALL persons 18 and under as "kids".

How many of those 120 were gang related?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 11:51 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

Then I read that 120 Children have been killed accidentally and unintentionally since Newtown alone.
It went under the radar because Trayvon Martin is so extremely important...

Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times
We should have given up our guns in 1775. The price of tea would be astronomical but the kids would be safe.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:34 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
So the only use for a gun is to kill other humans? Stupid hunters, I always knew they were trying to kill me instead of those boars.
Talking about handguns, but you probably knew that

Old 07-11-2013, 04:38 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
You use to to annoy me, now I find myself agreeing more and more with you. It has been great watching your maturation and intelligence manifest itself to even higher grounds.
Ummm, I haven't changed my stance in years.
Perhaps you're talking about yourself.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:26 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

You can have liberty, or you can have safety -
Untold numbers of RESPONSIBLE gun owners would disagree with you.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:02 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Remember, you cannot enforce a totalitarian police state when people are armed. It is imperative for the collectivist predators to disarm their prey before moving forward.

Do not shy away from using any argument, motherhood, "it's for the children!" or pity to trick the people into surrendering their firearms.

Armed people can not be compelled to comply with collectivism "for their own good." Only a disarmed people will be compliant.

Failure to disarm may involve the deaths of millions and millions. Let’s be compassionate and prevent such bloodshed. The collectivist paradise awaits us all. Let us not postpone the glorious transformation until the next generation.

Demand disarmament NOW !

==================
"We love you, Big Brother!"

s/ Winston Smith
Boo! There's a Stalinist under your bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Liberty comes with a pricetag.

You can have liberty, or you can have safety - I choose liberty and whatever it's pricetag may be.
Thanks to another poster for proving my point that you would rather see a murdered child (or multiple murdered children) than universal background checks. Good to know.

I think I'm done with this crazy train for tonight.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:06 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Boo! There's a Stalinist under your bed.

Thanks to another poster for proving my point that you would rather see a murdered child (or multiple murdered children) than universal background checks. Good to know.

I think I'm done with this crazy train for tonight.
I'm curious, how would universal background checks stop children from being murdered?

Old 07-11-2013, 08:37 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
More strawmen.

Automobile death rates have fallen by 2/3 over the past 30 years. This is due to increased enforcement, regulations requiring safer cars, and stricter seat belt and DUI laws.

But according to your 'logic,' the fact that anyone still dies in car crashes means that we might as well not have any traffic safety laws at all -- they're an infringement on our freedom, and people will disobey them anyway, so why bother? Even though it has been incontrovertibly proven that regulation saves lives.
I would reply to your response but unfortunately, it doesn't make a lick of sense.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:47 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I'm curious, how would universal background checks stop children from being murdered?
It wont but it will make them feel better about themselves when another mass shooting occurs.

Kinda like the 1000ft no gun school zones
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies