Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 12:29 AM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archguy View Post
More to the point, no white people took to the streets either. Because killings of white people by black people don't matter in this country. If anyone wishes to take issue with that statement, first look up how many white people have been killed by black people in this country over the past 50 years.

The judge is deciding what verdicts she will accept, and that (so far) is not one of them afaik.

You have just indicted the entire mass media in the U.S. Not that I disagree!

Wow, just wow.

And how many black people have committed crimes against whites...and gotten away with it? Outside of O.J., probably none. In my parents generation, a black man could be hung from a tree, castrated and set on fire....with local law enforcement in attendance...and nothing would happen.

This reverse racism card is being played way to much. Honestly, it's an insult to those that have been marginalized (blacks) or exterminated (Native Americans). The rapist asking his victim why she hates him....ironic.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:40 AM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The only thing certain here is that the people who are on Martins side will never change their opinion and the ones on Zimmerman's side will never change theirs. None of us were there so we know only what we saw on TV and read in the papers.

The race thing is what is driving this train. Everyday of the week some black man shoots another black man and you never hear a peep. Everyday of the week a black man also shoots a white man and nary a word is said. But as soon as a white man shoots a black man all the race cards start being dealt, and there is hell to pay. Where are all these concerned black leaders when black on black violence occurs ?

I almost gag when I hear the Prosecutors calling TM a "child". He may have been 17 but he was a young man and also bigger than GZ. Yes, it is tragic that a young man was killed, but GZ did not get those head wounds from tripping over a sprinkler. He was pretty banged up.

I fully expect the black community of that area to riot if GZ is found innocent. That is why the officials jumped on this thing so fast in the beginning, they are afraid of what will happen. It is always the way some blacks react to rulings they don't like, and just for good measure, while they are rioting they toss in a little looting to maybe score a new big screen TV and a stereo.

If that sounds racist, sorry, but history bears me out on this one. Let's tell it like it is.

Don

History also shows that whites can and will lynch a black man. However, unlike black on white crime, whites that harm blacks actually....get this, get away with the crime.

Amadou Diallo, Sean Bell, Rodney King, Emmett Till, Abner Louima etc. This is why black people are up in arms. No one cares about blacks killing whites because we know that justice will be served and the black men sent to prison (sometimes even if they're innocent). When the reverse is true (and yes I know GZ is Latino), it's not so cut and dry. Blacks are far more likely to go to prison than whites when committing the same crime and having the same criminal history.

White people don't protest because they know the justice system generally works in their favor. Black people protest because they know that justice often DOES NOT work in their favor.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:45 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,037,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
It sounds like people here are saying that it's OK to defend yourself with a gun, but not with your fists.

confused by your twisted logic.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:47 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,037,851 times
Quote:
History also shows that whites can and will lynch a black man. However, unlike black on white crime, whites that harm blacks actually....get this, get away with the crime.

Amadou Diallo, Sean Bell, Rodney King, Emmett Till, Abner Louima etc. This is why black people are up in arms. No one cares about blacks killing whites because we know that justice will be served and the black men sent to prison (sometimes even if they're innocent). When the reverse is true (and yes I know GZ is Latino), it's not so cut and dry. Blacks are far more likely to go to prison than whites when committing the same crime and having the same criminal history.

White people don't protest because they know the justice system generally works in their favor. Black people protest because they know that justice often DOES NOT work in their favor.

Right, right. White man always gonna keep a brother down. gotcha.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:55 AM

774 posts, read 1,693,588 times
Quote:
And how many black people have committed crimes against whites...and gotten away with it? Outside of O.J., probably none.
No sooner do I compliment everyone, than a racist troll jumps in.

Here are some FACTS to counter your ignorant trolling: The Color of Crime

Old 07-13-2013, 02:02 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Zimmerman has hair on the back of his head too.

and your quoted comment is racist and illogical considering he's Hispanic.

and btw, there are no cracke-rs in America since everybody alive today was born after 1865, stop blaming someone born in 1972 for your problems.
Zimmerman didn't have hair on the back of his head in February.

Please point out and explain the racist and illogical parts of my comment, because I don't see them.
Original comment:
"Personally, I think GZ was on top first and then TM ended up on top. I think this would explain the cuts on the back of his head. The reason why TM wouldn't have cuts on the back of his head from fighting is because TM has hair. GZ got scared because TM was on top and shot him. GZ looks like a "creepy as cracka" to me...

At the end of the day TM has parents and siblings that miss him. A parent should never have to bury a child. That is something that we're supposed to do in our 40s, 50s, and 60s (depending on your parent's age when you were born)."

It seems as if you didn't read (or comprehend) my statement. Where did I blame those born after '72? What part of "Bury a child is something that we're supposed to do in our 40s, 50s, and 60s (depending on your parent's age when you were born).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies