Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 08:27 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
Fellow Marines is insulting because it implies that you are a Marine, and as you've stated...you aren't. That's very simple and straight forward.

Ex-Marine is insulting because Once a Marine, Always a Marine. Its a statement that gets said commonly around those circles.

This is completely on topic b/c it goes to the validity of your posts in general.

And once again, you still have yet to address my point as to why the rapper was not being offensive.
Also, get a better line than GO AWAY. You sound childish and incompetent when you repeat it every time someone says something that you don't like
Should this be "was being offensive"?

I think for rappers to associate their selves to the military at all is offensive, but their right. The message is usually a negative one, more than a positive one.

You may not know who Trace Atkins is or Toby Keith both preform and raise money for soldiers and have never wore any uniform to get a video out there. Wonder how many people 50 cent has helped in his life get ahead Bet he never thought of going to Iraq and preforming or the VA hospital to show his thanks for those who gave their ALL on the front lines.....where those soldiers were sent by our government!

Old 07-12-2013, 08:28 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, he certainly shouldn't be wearing the beautiful dress blues before he earns the title. United States Marines.

A free country is not always pretty, this rapper just proves it
Quote:
Who said everyone rags on rappers just because they are rappers?! I liked 50cents before I saw this video.

My brother is the ex Recon marine, and he went through hell to earn that title United States marines. Anybody who do not know the code of honor has no business wearing that uniform. Have you read the comments on yourtube by fellow marines

Here is the link

Page 1 of comments on 50 Cent Disrespects Marines - YouTube
[quote=lilyflower3191981;30442398]It is okay.

Quote:

But don't insult soldiers by wearing the uniforms you have no business wearing.
Quote:
NOOOO I posted a link, go back and check

I got the comments from the youtube link I posted.

My brother was a recon marine.

here is the link of the comments posted by other marines.
what did i say wrong?

Old 07-12-2013, 08:30 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Should this be "was being offensive"?

I think for rappers to associate their selves to the military at all is offensive, but their right. The message is usually a negative one, more than a positive one.

You may not know who Trace Atkins is or Toby Keith both preform and raise money for soldiers and have never wore any uniform to get a video out there. Wonder how many people 50 cent has helped in his life get ahead Bet he never thought of going to Iraq and preforming or the VA hospital to show his thanks for those who gave their ALL on the front lines.....where those soldiers were sent by our government!
You seem to be assuming they perform for soldiers for reasons other than increasing their profits. Why do you assume that?

Old 07-12-2013, 08:36 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
I don't have a dog in this fight , but, why not give him (50 cent) the benefit of the doubt ? Could be he's
paying tribute to the Marines. Everyone rags on rappers whether they are right or wrong.
I doubt it, it is just a mockery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies