Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 11:15 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,738,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Oh the irony. A right-winger accuses liberals of "limiting choice, usurping rights, spreading lies, misery, and poverty and concertinaing (sic) power and wealth and force," while the right wants to ban abortion rights and reproductive choice; Fox is their propaganda network; the right consistently opposes every program that helps the poor in favor of tax-cuts for the rich who then use their lobbying power to weild more influence. To think that liberals concentrate power and wealth in view of conservative policies that are responsible for the worse income inequality in 100 years, means you live in an alternate universe.
How do you know I am right winger? I am a Libertarian, in short do what you want, that being said, I will not pay a dime to help you.

limiting choice? school vouchers, what firearms I can own, how much money I can keep, banning the new manufacturing of certain kinds of firearm after a certain date on a calendar.

helps the poor? these programs have been around since the mid 1960`s at the cost of 7,000,000,000,000,000$ we have more poverty now then ever before, and I never said liberals were the sole ideological faction, progressives statist are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 09:41 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,393,238 times
Quote:
Oh the irony. A right-winger accuses liberals of "limiting choice, usurping rights, spreading lies, misery, and poverty and concertinaing (sic) power and wealth and force," while the right wants to ban abortion rights and reproductive choice; Fox is their propaganda network; the right consistently opposes every program that helps the poor in favor of tax-cuts for the rich who then use their lobbying power to weild more influence. To think that liberals concentrate power and wealth in view of conservative policies that are responsible for the worse income inequality in 100 years, means you live in an alternate universe.
Many conservatives view aborting a fetus as criminal murder. Although I'm personally undecided on the abortion issue, it's objectively obvious that their perspective is less of a moral jump than the argument that it isn't murder. The point is that this issue is literally incomparable to almost any other issue, no matter your view, and such comparisons make one seem either cognitively impaired or rhetorically dishonest.

Fox is no more a conservative propaganda network than every other news outlet is a liberal propaganda network. Fox news has a conservative bias. MSNBC, ABC, CBS, the NYT, CNN and countless other news outlets all have unapologetic liberal biases. Fox is literally the only mainstream news network that conservatives have. In terms of "propaganda networks", if we insist on using that term, liberals have conservatives handily beat.

Your perspective on the long term effects of social welfare programs, corporate tax breaks, and the historical roles of liberals and conservatives in each is lacking. Your perspective is entirely too black and white and lacks long term perspective on the probable social effects of either.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
so things are worse now then before the 16th Amendment? wasn't the 16th amendment meant to prevent this?

PS I am pro choice, liberals are more then 10 times more likely to get an abortion, which is her choice, it also means fewer welfare statist voters raised on the government dole.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:55 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
PS I am pro choice, liberals are more then 10 times more likely to get an abortion, which is her choice,
Can you prove this number, or are you just making things up again?

Quote:
it also means fewer welfare statist voters raised on the government dole.
Yet democrats still seem to be elected to office no matter how people try to "breed them out."

Old 08-14-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Can you prove this number, or are you just making things up again?

Yet democrats still seem to be elected to office no matter how people try to "breed them out."
I will post link when I find it again,

And who says we can breed you out? you will always hold some office, given thier are people who wish to vote themselves the money of others.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:21 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,698,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
That is because, despite all the callous disregard for others that the right-wingers try to peddle, many Americans still want to be good, caring, honorable people.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:23 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,655,815 times
Quote:
How do you know I am right winger? I am a Libertarian, in short do what you want, that being said, I will not pay a dime to help you.

limiting choice? school vouchers, what firearms I can own, how much money I can keep, banning the new manufacturing of certain kinds of firearm after a certain date on a calendar.

helps the poor? these programs have been around since the mid 1960`s at the cost of 7,000,000,000,000,000$ we have more poverty now then ever before, and I never said liberals were the sole ideological faction, progressives statist are.
Libertarians of today are nothing more than an extension of the John Birch Society of the 50s and 60s. Far right wing fascists posing as libertarians. They pick and choose which libertarian principles they want to adopt and disregard the rest. They want the libertarian freedoms that the Libs talk about but have a very restrictive and totalitarian agenda for the rest of us.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:26 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,655,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
That is because, despite all the callous disregard for others that the right-wingers try to peddle, many Americans still want to be good, caring, honorable people.
The Buddhists say,

The opposite of compassion is hate.
The opposite of understanding is ignorance.

I see very little, if any, compassion or understanding emanating from the average right wing conservative. At least here in P&OC.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:30 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,939,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Libertarians of today are nothing more than an extension of the John Birch Society of the 50s and 60s. Far right wing fascists posing as libertarians. They want the libertarian freedoms that the Libs talk about but have a very restrictive and totalitarian agenda for the rest of us.
Not only that, but their data is faulty. Yes, there maybe more poor people than 50 years ago but there are more people in general than 50 years ago. The poverty rate has dropped dramatically. Their other views are self-serving. They proclaim that helping the poor makes them dependent, which justifies not spending anything to help people.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:40 PM

157 posts, read 228,335 times
truly immoral Home | Go H.A.M.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies