Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 07:31 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,771 times

Advertisements

The Immorality Of Modern Conservatism - Homebrewed Theology

Modern conservatism has become a solely economic, oversimplifying the real world and excluding the human aspect. It has become a selfish and immoral system where facts only matter if they reinforce what is believed already. If they don't, just start repeating lies until gullible people believe them.

Charles Koch Foundation: An Income Of $34,000 Puts You In The Wealthiest 1 Percent (VIDEO)

They have even changed Jesus and the Bible to fit their ideology...

It's sick. This immorality and radicalization is what has driven me from conservatism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 07:32 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
lmao...

Old 07-12-2013, 07:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Mammon (Satan's financial consultant) works in strange ways.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:01 AM

78,401 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Talk about pidgeon-holing.....lmao.

Seek ye help from the demon of over-generalization.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:10 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Talk about pidgeon-holing.....lmao.

Seek ye help from the demon of over-generalization.
Would you agree that having an "agenda" prevents one from being as fair-minded as you?

Old 07-12-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Would you agree that having an "agenda" prevents one from being as fair-minded as you?
Yeah, I guess having an "agenda" now is having an opinion backed up with facts.

I tend to think believing whatever **** gets thrown your way without any though yourself is a worse problem.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:24 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,580 times
Great, another "Conservatives are bad people thread".

Stereotyping all Conservatives through a caricature of the worst of us only exposes your own close-minded biases.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:39 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
The Immorality Of Modern Conservatism - Homebrewed Theology

Modern conservatism has become a solely economic, oversimplifying the real world and excluding the human aspect. It has become a selfish and immoral system where facts only matter if they reinforce what is believed already. If they don't, just start repeating lies until gullible people believe them.

Charles Koch Foundation: An Income Of $34,000 Puts You In The Wealthiest 1 Percent (VIDEO)

They have even changed Jesus and the Bible to fit their ideology...

It's sick. This immorality and radicalization is what has driven me from conservatism.
One of the more elaborate straw men, I'll give you that.

Is adding $7 trillion in new debt onto the back of our children and grandchildren, with nothing to show for it, moral?

Is one third of the nation's population being fed by the federal government, and half of the nation not paying any federal taxes for it, moral?

Is government spying on our own people, moral.

Is a record high number of citizens in poverty subsisting off Food Stamps and SSDI, moral?

Unemployment is at a sixty year high, poverty at a fifty year high, the recession lingering for five years, and the our representatives in the federal government are only concerning themselves with gun control, immigration, and a federal park on the moon. And you think it's selfish for conservatives to object to what can only be described as flagrant irresponsible behavior by our government in Washington??

Or maybe you are referring to the neocons, like McCain, Graham and Collins?

Old 07-12-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I didn't report it. But should we honestly tolerate threads designed with the sole intention of encouraging hate? Or should we simply allow CD to evolve into a place to go to scream about how much you hate people who have different beliefs than you?
Hate people? It's pointing out major problems in a political party that has been steadily becoming more and more deranged, and steadly losing people that support it, while embracing fringe elements. As I stated I was a conservative till they started this radicalization, parts of my family were even conservative elected officals, till leaving in disgust.

It's no more hatered than calling some one who lies a liar, or some one who steals a theif, or some one who smokes a smoker. If you want to get all uptight and politically correct at the truth, it's not my problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I think in a broad swipe it's true...but a pretty overly simplistic to ask if people just blocked others, the question is why.

I know when I stated I really couldn't support the McCain after he picked Palin I blocked a number of people (19 to be exact), because they became not only confrontational...but they turned into frothing loonies. I actually had to get three restraining orders after several threatened my family. One actually stated "I promised myself I would never come to that liberal hellhole (Seattle), but I would just to put a traitor like you in the ground."

I am certainly intolerant of people threatening me and my family because I don't agree with them. I certainly won't bow to their threats of violence. If keeping those threats and negativity out of my life is intolerant, then I am intolerant of hatred. I am not sorry.

Last edited by EmeraldCityWanderer; 07-12-2013 at 09:05 AM..

Old 07-12-2013, 08:57 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
See what I mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies