Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 07:29 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Maybe at that point Trayvon had perceived that Zimmerman was reaching for his gun, and thus was fighting for his life, not "assaulting" Zimmerman. We don't know how long Zimmerman was in the process of doing that, but we know that it occurred before the gun shot. It might have been 10 seconds, it might have been 20 seconds, which would also explain his lack of self-defense injuries.

You have to remember that the entire physical fight was about 60 seconds.
Maybe = reasonable doubt = not guilty on all charges. And bear in mind, I wouldn't mind seeing GZ do some jail time, but those are the facts.

In a perfect world, we would know exactly what happened down to the tiniest detail. We would know exactly what Zimmerman was thinking. We would know exactly what Trayvon Martin was thinking. We would know who started the whole fight. In a perfect world, we would know a lot of things that we simply do not know. The burden of proof is on the prosecution. They must actually prove that George Zimmerman was not acting in self defense. I don't think that's even remotely possible. That's the justice system we have: Innocent until proven guilty. It ain't always pretty but it is what it is.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
You don't have to. You only have to believe the facts. There are none that show George attacked Trayvon.
Which facts? Their are none that show TM initiated the physical confrontation either. Only GZ's word.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:31 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
You don't have to. You only have to believe the facts. There are none that show George attacked Trayvon.
There is Rachel Jeantel's testimony. Remember she said Zimmerman came up behind Trayvon. And then after their verbal exchange, the thump sound.

And the fact that the fight ended up 35 feet from the T, which George never accounted for.

And the evidence from two neighbours that the fight moved from south TO north, not the other way around---which would mean that George had gone part of the way down the alley-way in pursuit of Trayvon.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:31 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What I hope people learn from this. Even if GZ is Acquitted which I believe he will be.
1. Following people around at night can have adverse consequences.
2. Playing cop can have adverse consequences.
3.Not listening to cops or your training can have adverse consequences.
On TM's side.
1. If you feel threatened call 911.
2. Confronting a stranger is a risk, you never know who has a gun or what their intentions are.
3. Your right to punch someone ends where their nose begins.
This is a story of 2 men making bad choices and compounding their bad choices with more bad choices.
Well said. I think that about covers it.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:32 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,236,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Which facts? Their are none that show TM initiated the physical confrontation either. Only GZ's word.
Correct. So if you cant prove who started it, GZ is innocent correct? Because you know its INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:33 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Maybe = reasonable doubt = not guilty on all charges. And bear in mind, I wouldn't mind seeing GZ do some jail time, but those are the facts.

In a perfect world, we would know exactly what happened down to the tiniest detail. We would know exactly what Zimmerman was thinking. We would know exactly what Trayvon Martin was thinking. We would know who started the whole fight. In a perfect world, we would know a lot of things that we simply do not know. The burden of proof is on the prosecution. They must actually prove that George Zimmerman was not acting in self defense. I don't think that's even remotely possible. That's the justice system we have: Innocent until proven guilty. It ain't always pretty but it is what it is.
You don't need to know every detail of how the fight proceeded to still find Zimmerman guilty of manslaughter.

"To prove the crime of Manslaughter, the State must prove the following two elements beyond a reasonable doubt:
1. Trayvon Martin is dead.
2. George Zimmerman intentionally committed an act or acts that caused the death of Trayvon Martin."

Profiling Trayvon as a criminal, following him, and shooting him would constitute intentional acts that caused the death of Trayvon.

5,251 posts, read 14,236,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
There is Rachel Jeantel's testimony. Remember she said Zimmerman came up behind Trayvon. And then after their verbal exchange, the thump sound.

And the fact that the fight ended up 35 feet from the T, which George never accounted for.

And the evidence from two neighbours that the fight moved from south TO north, not the other way around---which would mean that George had gone part of the way down the alley-way in pursuit of Trayvon.
Again You don't believe George because he has every reason to lie, but Jeantel is telling the truth because she has no reason to lie?

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I hope the jury realizes that Judge Nelson tried to pull an okie doke here...
Explain please. When she sent her answer back to the jury regarding their question about manslaughter BOTH sides had to sign off on the wording and content of the her reply.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Following is not reason for TM fear for his life. Unless GZ assaulted TM, he cannot put his hands on GZ. Following may have made him feel uncomfortable, but is in no way intent to do harm by GZ.
Not a reason for you or I. Who knows what TM feared and to what level? I agree TM can not put his hands on GZ. Unless GZ did something like try to restrain him. We will never know.
People die everyday in this country it seems from bad people following them and then attacking. TM had no idea what GZ's intentions were because GX never communicated them.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Correct. So if you cant prove who started it, GZ is innocent correct? Because you know its INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.
Not innocent.. Just reasonable doubt. There is a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies