Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 01:57 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,900,268 times

Advertisements

Oh...so it takes a white guy killing a black child to get parents to hold their kids closer....do they encourage them to get shot by black murderers?

You might be on to something...

Old 07-14-2013, 01:57 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Crime is not always rational. Again, I reject the notion of insanity and instead believe these are pissed off people looking for infamy.

I continue to assert that legalizing drugs will greatly curtail the violence in inner cities, not to mention arrests for drug crimes. Not sure when that will happen and until it does, I have no real hope that true change (re: inner city violence) will come.
On this one, I actually hope you are right and I am wrong, but, gangs are simply not going to roll over and go away when drugs are taken out of the equation. Again, they will turn to prostitution, gambling, gun running, and the list goes on... The only way to address the problem, (and it is for ALL our youths problems) is to start parenting children instead of letting them raise themselves.. Instilling some guidance and discipline. Moral values and strength or character.. Until we do this, our youth of all races will continue to spiral out of control.. I don't know how old you are, but I know if I had behaved in the manner I have seen many of our young people behave, I would have wished for the police to come arrest me before my parents got through with me... Strong parents build a community, not social programs, or intervention... It doesn't take a village to raise a child. It takes two strong parents with common objectives and goals for their children...

Old 07-14-2013, 01:58 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,774,151 times
I suppose we could suppose either, call it a wash

Quote:
OK, let's suppose his talks about fighting suggest he was not afraid to fight (which I can believe. Many teen boys are not afraid to fight).

Do you agree that Zimmerman's history suggests a proclivity to being a hothead and not being afraid to fight/start a confrontation?

Old 07-14-2013, 01:58 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,202,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
What incidents are you referring to?

Seriously? OK; now you're being intellectually dishonest. I'm done.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:00 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,489,704 times
Quote:
Seriously? OK; now you're being intellectually dishonest. I'm done.
Exactly. My ignore list how grown exponentially just from the posts in this thread alone.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:00 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,704,519 times
I am a black person who is not emotionally involved. I also believe that if Trayvon was white I would still feel like GZ should be doing time. How does that fit in the framework of the racist undertones that are in so many of these posts?

If Trayvon had won the fight and beaten GZ to death and then claimed self defense, would the Sanford police have let him go? Why not?

Old 07-14-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Zimmerman's intention was to help locate a suspicious person for the police. In fact, he even called the police! How many murderers (or assailants) call the police and tell them to come to their location before they go out to murder (or start a fight with someone)?

Trayvon's intention, as evidenced by the fact that he could have just walked into the townhouse (and/or called the police), was to find Zimmerman and start a fight with him.

It's not a crime for Trayvon to turn back and ask Zimmerman why he was following him. But that wasn't his real intent. The crime is that Trayvon punched Zimmerman and then attempted to murder him.
I don't think Zimmerman set out to kill Trayvon. I think he was frustrated with the idea of Trayvon getting away and decided to eliminate the possibility of him getting away. This is where he made his mistake. He got impatient and decided to interfere with official police business.

I reject your premise regarding Trayvon setting out to murder Zimmerman. Perhaps, like Zimmerman, he was seeking to identify a possible criminal in his community?

Old 07-14-2013, 02:02 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Exactly. My ignore list how grown exponentially just from the posts in this thread alone.
Ya know, I have never put anyone on my ignore list. I'm not afraid of what anyone has to say on this board..

Old 07-14-2013, 02:03 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,098,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Oh...so it takes a white guy killing a black child to get parents to hold their kids closer....do they encourage them to get shot by black murderers?

You might be on to something...
Maybe if you actually listened to what she said you'd actually learn something. Her point was that Black parents move into nice neighborhoods to escape violence. With GZ acquittal, it shows that there may not be a place for Blacks to escape violence. All of you defending GZ are proving her point. Nothing that TM could have done would have saved him, according to most of you b/c GZ was right to profile him, and right to shoot him when TM defended himself.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:03 AM

Quote:
...which were revealed at various placed to be overblown BS, probably put out there by Crump and co.
And, of course, there's no chance the charges against Trayvon ("lean"-making, weed-smoking, burglar, etc) were overblown. Right...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.