Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 08:00 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,305,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
If you're being honest about that, that is refreshing. However, clearly you are in the minority of those who think GZ shouldve been thrown in prison for the rest of his life. From what ive seen overwhelming majority of anti-GZ folks are looking at this through race first and foremost.
I am being honest. I am anti-stand-your-ground laws (on the streets, in your home is different) which is what drew my interest in this case. Then early on the defense decided not to go that direction in defending Zimmerman but by then I was hooked.

33,942 posts, read 22,502,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Where does one draw the line between being a responsible neighbor and citizen and ignoring something/somebody that looks out of place or suspicious in a neighborhood that has had a string of burglaries?

Z did the right thing by calling the police. Following to see where the guy goes is not against the law. I don't believe he ever expected a confrontation.
One draws the line at one dead kid.

Does anyone want Zimmerman coming to live in a neighborhood near them? My son is a swimmer. In the winter, you can see all the boys coming out of practice with their hoodies on - because the coach yells at them for not covering their heads.

Does this make them criminals? Would this have prompted Zimmerman to another shooting if he saw them walking around our neighborhoods?

My son is white so . . I don't think he would have been viewed quite as suspiciously.

Bottom line for me - the jury has spoken and that is that.

6,500 posts, read 6,032,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly so. I'm stumped as to why some people are having such a hard time understanding those FACTS.

The jury understood them perfectly well.
Because they choose not to. If they admitted they understood then they couldnt post the crap they do. They couldnt act like idiots and post vile, angry crap. They couldnt use race to continue to divide. All these posts, comments, tweets Ive seen are people who dont want to admit the truth OR they are really, really that ignorant.

16,235 posts, read 25,191,365 times
He technically was found not guilty, morally he will never be innocent. The civil trial may bring out more, and there will be a civil trial....George will have to tell his story.
Keep those donations coming.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:03 AM

40 posts, read 18,461 times
Now Zimmerman can get his gun and things back. They can not keep it. I hope he sells it and buys a Ruger.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:03 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,985,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The question was, What exactly did he do wrong? (from the poster I quoted). That's what GZ did wrong in "patrolling the neighborhood". He violated many NW rules. OK?
Except as stated many times he was "off duty" and so was watching his neighborhood as a citizen and resident. OK?

Old 07-14-2013, 08:04 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,082,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You're right. Trayvon committed Felony Assault and GZ feared for his life so he committed Self Defense.
Lawyers said on TV that the not guilty verdict for Z, means a guilty verdict of forcible felony by TM. Lethal force is only justified if someone is committing a forcible felony upon you.

348 posts, read 336,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl View Post
Now Zimmerman can get his gun and things back. They can not keep it. I hope he sells it and buys a Ruger.
Maybe he'll play Paul Kersey on the remake due out soon?

40 posts, read 18,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
He technically was found not guilty, morally he will never be innoscent. The civil trial may bring out more, and there will be a civil trial....George will have to tell his story.
Keep those donations coming.
The civil trial will if it even happens be a scham. If he is smart and I bet dollars on it, that his attorneys are advising him how to make himself have no assets, they Martins will get nothing if they ever sue or get a judgment. All he has to do is say I owe my mother and father so I signed all my rights to any book or movie ect to them. Its easy to do.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:05 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
And if he didn't have a gun HE would've been the victim!
Could very well be, we'll never know. The sad part about it, is that most of those clamoring for a guilty verdict, would not really care. The media wouldn't even cover the story, particularly the left wing news media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.