Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 09:59 AM

933 posts, read 1,478,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How many times had Porky called 911 prior to this incident to report 'suspicious' people in the neighborhood?

What color were they?

Did Trayvon Shooter Abuse 911? - The Daily Beast
Is that hard evidence that George was a racist, for calling the police on African Americans? That's not hard evidence, it's just selectively cherry picking data to support your claim. If it had been changed from black to white, would it still be "racist"?

The only racism in this case is Trayvon calling George a "cracker".

Old 07-14-2013, 10:00 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
every black man in florida should get a gun after this.

if florida wants the wild west, then i see no problem with every eligible black being able to carry.

no white should challenge that either, although several in this thread have challenged that.
This white guy supports everyone, regardless of skin color to legally obtain a self defense firearm if they want one.

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Did you ever get on to anyone about the names called Rachel ?

I guess that was wrong but not this ?
I did not. Those mainly took place during the work week when I had little time to read or post.

If everyone else can refer to Trayvon as a 'thug' then I certainly can refer to Zimmerman as 'porky' - WHICH he certainly has become.

17,400 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
If Zimmerman had not set the entire thing in motion by following Martin in his car, then getting out of his car, Martin would still be alive.

And if Trayvon would've stayed out of trouble and not been suspended, he wouldn't have been at his father's fiance's house and he'd still be alive.

How far do you want to go with your "what ifs"?

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
Quote:
If Zimmerman had not set the entire thing in motion by following Martin in his car, then getting out of his car, Martin would still be alive.
And he should certainly regret doing that very thing, but the fact that he got out of the car is no proof of guilt.

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
every black man in florida should get a gun after this.

if florida wants the wild west, then i see no problem with every eligible black being able to carry.
Agreed. There is no law in any state that says anyone of any color who qualifies can't carry a legal handgun.

No matter what color.

It's not the people who legally carry that are the problem.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:01 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Pretty sad that people keep having to explain something so simple, isn't it!
What is sad is that people are maybe too indolent to do any legal research in order to understand principles underlying our legal system.....for example, the "Presumption of Innocence" is a legal principle that simply means that the burden of proof is upon the accuser and that the person accused does not have to prove anything. "Presumption of Innocence" applies to defendants in a court room at trial. It does not mean that anyone in the real, everyday world we all live in is literally "innocent."

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
It is so painfully obvious you guys champion GZ because he killed a "black thug" or maybe it's just thug now the term is now synonymous with black.

There's no need to prove anything abou gZs thought process or state of mind because you'll ignore it anyway. There's a certain degree of glee and celebration of victory in every racist post that TM is dead.
I champion the law. Zimmerman is a wimp doesn't mean he is guilty of a crime. At worst Trayvon was wannabe thug. You see this a lot in young black boys trying to find their way in the world. I know because I was one of them. Most of us grow out of it.

348 posts, read 336,730 times
Quote:
If the sun had not been so hot on the day Trayvon's dad met his mom at that ice cream parlor...

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How many times had Porky called 911 prior to this incident to report 'suspicious' people in the neighborhood?

What color were they?

Did Trayvon Shooter Abuse 911? - The Daily Beast
It's good to have someone in the neighborhood that looks out for his neighbors and tries to make it a better place. Maybe TM should have gotten involved with NW instead of drugs and fighting.

Tell me...out of all those calls to dispatch, do we know how many times the police managed to make contact with the people he reported?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies