Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 11:48 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,273,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The Team Martin narrative never ends. The investigation was ongoing. Most of the evidence the state used against gz wasn't even known before Corey was appointed.
It's sad (and somewhat disgusting) that some people, like you, look at this trial as if it was a sporting event complete with cheerleaders. Hint: There is no Team Martin or Team Zimmerman. We are all just people who hold varying views of what when down. Some of us see things in very rigid terms with no gray areas, and some of us are able and willing to look at all sides of the coin/case.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,193,087 times
Well looks like civil rights leaders like Jackson and Sharpton, the NAACP and several Democrat officials are calling on the DOJ to "intervene" and file charges of civil rights violation against Zimmerman.

They didn't like the outcome of this trial and I guess they feel the DOJ will get them the justice they think they deserve.
I don't recall this being done for other high profile public cases where the accused was acquitted and walked

Holder faces big decision on DOJ charges against Zimmerman - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Old 07-14-2013, 11:50 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,665,597 times
My guess is TM got to his house and GZ tossed him a couple of n bombs and TM decided like a hot headed teen to go kick his ass. GZ was brave enough to talk trash because he had a gun. GZ stirred him up and got the fight he was looking for and killed a kid dead because he didn't like the fact that TM dared talk back to him and was angry that TM did have a right to be in the neighborhood.

GZ lied. No way he ever urned his back on TM and allowed him the chance to get the jump on him.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,193,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Actually we'll never know what happened. Since the kid carrying Skittles is dead, the burden of proof favors the shooter. That's the point of Florida law. If you shoot and there are no witnesses, you are innocent. You don't even have to testify.

So it's open season in Florida.
That's the case everywhere. You are innocent until PROVEN guilty.
Many of you have already determined he's guilty based on the fact he had a gun.

1,392 posts, read 2,847,304 times
1st tell these racist this was not a white on black thang, it was a latino on black thang. As a White person I feel my civil rights are being violated with all this racist talk.

2nd Why Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton don't say anything about the 100's of black on black murders that go every week, are they scared to say somethan about there own race?

3,216 posts, read 2,074,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
From a criminal defense attorney:

I got curious and read the jury instructions Friday night and, I was wrong. In Florida, if self-defense is even suggested, it’s the states obligation to prove it’s absence beyond a reasonable doubt(!). That’s crazy. But ‘not guilty’ was certainly a reasonable result in this case. As I told in friend in Tampa today though, if you’re ever in a heated argument with anyone, and you’re pretty sure there aren’t any witnesses, it’s always best to kill the other person. They can’t testify, you don’t have to testify, no one else has any idea what happened; how can the state ever prove beyond a doubt is wasn’t self-defense? Holy crap! What kind of system is that?

How Much Is About Florida Law? | TPM Editors Blog

Note to self: Avoid Florida when possible.
What's new about this? People have been lying about shooting people when there are no witnesses around forever. Many people just go home and act like nothing ever happened.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:52 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,827,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well looks like civil rights leaders like Jackson and Sharpton, the NAACP and several Democrat officials are calling on the DOJ to "intervene" and file charges of civil rights violation against Zimmerman.

They didn't like the outcome of this trial and I guess they feel the DOJ will get them the justice they think they deserve.
I don't recall this being done for other high profile public cases where the accused was acquitted and walked

Holder faces big decision on DOJ charges against Zimmerman - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
The President has their back, that is why they are doing it. Sharpton, et al, who are nostalgic for the 50's...

Old 07-14-2013, 11:52 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,627,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Most ironic tweet of the last day: Kim Kardasian tweeted #nojustice in reference to Trayvon.

Her dad was one of OJ's attorneys.

When I hear the name Kardashian, that's all I hear. One of OJ's attorneys. Amazing that people forget that.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:53 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,385,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The Team Martin narrative never ends. The investigation was ongoing. Most of the evidence the state used against gz wasn't even known before Corey was appointed.
There is no "Team Martin." This is not now nor has it ever been a sporting event, even though that may be difficult for you to understand.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:54 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,627,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
What's new about this? People have been lying about shooting people when there are no witnesses around forever. Many people just go home and act like nothing ever happened.
No, Florida law says the burden of proof is on the state and the shooter doesn't even have to testify. Florida law is especially forgiving of the shooter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies