Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 12:10 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
So what. Attorney's are hired by the defendants to defend them..Her dad might feel like OJ is scum, just as Mark O'Mara could feel Zimmerman is scum.....I doubt O'mara or West are going to invite Zimmerman over to dinner anytime soon...
But the Karma after the OJ trial sure played out. Johnny Cochran and Robert Kardashian both died not long after.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Originally I got my CCW because I was a victim of violence twice. Over the years I became a competitive Defensive Pistol Assn shooter, then I became certified to train people in firearm self defense, CCW, and firearm safety. Now I feel naked if I don't have my firearm on my hip.
So being the victim of violence twice created a fear in you which motivated you to learn as much as possible about carrying and shooting a gun for protection. Still Fear. And even though you said that the media creates the fear in this country, your very own example proves that ALL FEAR is not the result of what people read in the media. HOWEVER, it is still FEAR. An armed society is a fearful society.

2,540 posts, read 2,753,885 times
Why are all these racists going to protest against the Zimmerman verdict? OJ Simpson got off scott free and they jumped up and cheered when his verdict was announced. Why didn't they protest then instead of cheering???

3,216 posts, read 2,083,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Hysterics? Hardly. It's simply the way the law is written in Florida. If there are no witnesses, a person can shoot the other person and not even have to testify. The burden is on the state.

"if you’re ever in a heated argument with anyone, and you’re pretty sure there aren’t any witnesses, it’s always best to kill the other person. They can’t testify, you don’t have to testify,"

How Much Is About Florida Law? | TPM Editors Blog

That is definitely, positively open season.
Apparently you missed my response to your other post.....or you wouldn't still be talking like this.

In every jurisdiction across this country... The burden of proof is always on the state in every case. It's called innocent until proven guilty. And I'm sure you've heard of the fifth amendment whereas the defendant does not have to testify.... Kind of the way it is in America.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:16 PM

957 posts, read 757,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
But the Karma after the OJ trial sure played out. Johnny Cochran and Robert Kardashian both died not long after.
And OJ is serving time in Nevada. Zimmerman's future isn't looking very rosy either.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:18 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamer6 View Post
What makes you think that's a real attorney? Anyone can claim that they are on the internet.
You are free to read the law yourself.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
I believe a civil rights violations were filed against the officers who beat up Rodney King after they were acquitted.
The civil right here is the "right to life" that they want Holder to go after.
Wouldn't a charge like that apply to anyone acquitted of murder ?
Wouldn't a charge like that apply to victims of assault that defended themselves ?

Old 07-14-2013, 12:19 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So being the victim of violence twice created a fear in you which motivated you to learn as much as possible about carrying and shooting a gun for protection. Still Fear. And even though you said that the media creates the fear in this country, your very own example proves that ALL FEAR is not the result of what people read in the media. HOWEVER, it is still FEAR. An armed society is a fearful society.
We do live in a violent country. Violence is dropping according to FBI stats. However the media would like you to believe it is getting worse... Media is responsible for heightening fear in society.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:20 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,404,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It's sad (and somewhat disgusting) that some people, like you, look at this trial as if it was a sporting event complete with cheerleaders. Hint: There is no Team Martin or Team Zimmerman. We are all just people who hold varying views of what when down. Some of us see things in very rigid terms with no gray areas, and some of us are able and willing to look at all sides of the coin/case.
Agree.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:22 PM

39,842 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
And OJ is serving time in Nevada. Zimmerman's future isn't looking very rosy either.
Oh, I don't know. I wonder how he will like owning a news network or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.