Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 04:18 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,562 times

Advertisements

This trial wasn't about who was wrong, or who was right. It was about finding the truth, and moving forward.

The only thing free in life is air... so keep breathing ~ Trayvon Martin

Old 07-14-2013, 04:19 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Terrible idea. Drug use should be discouraged, not encouraged.
Yes, because legalizing alcohol has folks drunk in the streets everywhere, right? If folks want to use, they will do so whether it's legal or not.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:19 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
You lost me when you say Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. I think it's safe to say that only two people know the truth about this. To claim otherwise is foolish.
Did Zimmerman receive those injuries from Martin or not? I felt the prosecution and the defense both proved that point fairly well during the trial - that Martin inflicted injury upon Zimmerman.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:20 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
This. ^^

I've already signed one petition and anticipate signing many more.

Depending on my finances, I will also be making a few contributions.

Hopefully some good can come out of Trayvon's death.
Same here.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
There was NO racial/social/legislative issues. It was all the media! If its what the parents wanted, the went about it wrong.

Its not a stupid talking point. Its fact! Its a very valid argument. You want someone to be thrown in prison on no evidence?? What a sad day in America when this happens.
This case didn't need any light. There was no injustice other than what the MSM tried to fabricate. This case deserved as much light as Kim and and Kanye's baby.

I didn't say there was any riots. I said threats of riots.
The first line of your post is stricly YOUR opinin. Parents not getting adequate answers about their 17 yeard old son's murder/death, went about it "wrong" because you say so? Now that's rich. All one has to do is to see how badly the Sanford PD handled forensic evidence, to comprehend that TM"s parents had a valid gripe with the way things were playing out.

Someone else's butt is always easier to smack. Who are you to decide that the only living actual eyewitness is above reproach? Zimmerman lied over and over again and no one can understand why, so sell someone else your audacious bias.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I had to laugh at the faux outrage expressed by Trayvonistas over the 'Precious' thing.

For awhile, that Precious glob was the greatest actress ever known to mankind. Heck, they even learned to pronounce her name. Then poof, she was forgotten, like yesterday's bowel movement.

One would think with all the honors heaped on 'Precious', they and Diamond/DeeDee would consider it an honor!
What do you think of Zimmerman's physical appearance now? Also a "glob"?

Old 07-14-2013, 04:24 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
"life threatening injuries".
So, pray tell, how much of a 'beat down' would YOU have taken? Five stitches? A hundred? Maybe a full concussion? Would you have just let the guy pounding the hell outta you take you right up to the point of death?

Or would YOU as a human being with the means to stop the attacker using whatever was available to you to save your own life?

C'mon.....be sincere in your answer.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
This. ^^

I've already signed one petition and anticipate signing many more.

Depending on my finances, I will also be making a few contributions.

Hopefully some good can come out of Trayvon's death.
Same here. Trayvon will not die in vain.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:27 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I find it interesting how so many place the burden of doing the right thing on a teen and not an adult male. This is why we have statutory laws in this country. This is why minors aren't allowed to enter into legal contracts.

We expect that adults should know the more responsible thing to do. Why are so many holding Trayvon to a higher standard of responsibility.
A question I have asked many times - with no real answers.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:27 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Several Islamic groups put out a "hit" - I believe they call it a fatwah - on SalMAN Rushdie but he is still alive and actually makes appearances on TV from time to time.
Wow, I would never put Zimmerman in the same category as Salman Rushdie. What an insult to Rushdie.

I see what you're saying but I believe that Karma always gets hers in the end. That will have to be enough for me when it comes to the Zimmerman case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies