Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2013, 05:23 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Mike Tyson was also a PROFESSIONAL boxer.
So were his opponents.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:24 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
He wasn't "stalking". He was following TM to lead the police to him. Considering he was neighbourhood watch, yes he was within his rights. He called 911 as he should have.

If you're driving and you get behind a drunk driver swerving all over the road. Do you call the police and follow, or just call the police and let them find him??
1. Drunk driving swerving is imminent danger and a threat.

2. Kid walking with juice and skittles is not a threat and puts no one in imminent danger.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:24 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
Yes I do.
The problem is he assaulted he GZ. Not just followed him.
You are introducing your opinion. I don't know who made physical contact first and neither do you.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:25 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I'm fine w/ that. I'm not the one arguing that TM was obviously attacked by GZ.

GZ supporters are the one arguing that his account is 100% accurate based on nothing but his word. Maybe you can shed some light on why you aren't even a little skeptical of his account.

I don't know if this is the legal standard, but I feel like self-defense should be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. I feel any rationale person should have at least a little reasonable doubt about GZ account based on BOTH people's actions leading up to the encounter.
There was NO bruising, cuts, scrapes or any evidence of assault on TM. Only a bullet wound.

The same can't be said for GZ!

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
So were his opponents.
Ok...look up Jon Jones....

Then stop using dishonest analogies..

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's over people. The jury acquitted him. Move on with your lives.

Obama: 'Honor' Trayvon Martin by preventing future tragedies
"I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken," Obama said in a written statement released by the White House.
After all the lying this Administration has done since 2008 who gives a turd what Obummer has to say anymore.

Actions speak louder than words and all I've seen is nothing but balkanization from this Liar-In-Chief.

Obummer, his supporters and the media made this tragedy a cause celeb case about race when it should have just been another murder trial or nothing at all.

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
He wasn't "stalking". He was following TM to lead the police to him. Considering he was neighbourhood watch, yes he was within his rights. He called 911 as he should have.

If you're driving and you get behind a drunk driver swerving all over the road. Do you call the police and follow, or just call the police and let them find him??
I would do what the 911 operator told me to do, but hey, that's just me.

I don't for a second believe that GZ was following TM to lead the police to him. If so, he should have done so from his car, not on foot. My gosh, there are only TWO OR THREE STREETS in the neighborhood.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:26 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
He had injuries and there was zero evidence to show he struck Martin first or at all. So yes, I believe Martin assaulted him first and blind sided him. The evidence does not show otherwise
There's zero evidence about WHO STRUCK WHO FIRST. Losing a fight is not evidence of who started or instigated it. Is that what you're arguing? If you lost a fight, the other guy MUST have started it?

Quote:
There was NO bruising, cuts, scrapes or any evidence of assault on TM. Only a bullet wound.

The same can't be said for GZ!
See above

Old 07-14-2013, 05:26 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
How do you know that Zimmerman didn't strike him? Because Zimmerman said so?

Zimmerman would never have had the nerve to follow Martin if he didn't fully intend to use that loaded gun if things got too "hot." We have no idea when he pulled that gun, whether or not he hit Martin or threatened him first, who exchanged words first, nothing - only the testimony of the defendant, who also claimed that he was only persisting in getting out of his car and following Martin in order to "find his correct address and tell it to the dispatcher." Yeah, right. There were only about two streets in that neighborhood - just give the dispatcher a description of your vehicle and then sit tight till the police get there.

But no...He just had to get out and follow Martin - and the only reason he felt like he could do this is because he fully intended to use that gun if he felt threatened. He just didn't stop to think, apparently, that the person he was following might feel threatened (who wouldn't?) and just might respond in fear and anger.
When you strike someone it leaves marks.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:27 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Exactly.

The media got what they wanted and now they are unhappy when they knew there was no evidence.

The residents of FL should make them pay for the trial and not the taxpayers.
I don't know if you're a father or not, but I strongly doubt you would allow this case to die if you were Martin's parents. Regardless of little evidence, you'd want justice for your child's death.

It kills me how people can be so nonchalant about the death of kid. As if this was something the Martians should have just walked away from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies