Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 12:00 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
This has to be the dumbest thing I've read here all day.

I hope your never put on trial and the jury is instructed "if you think this person is guilty, even if the evidence does not support the finding, please find him guilty."

The reason our system works is because we would rather a guilty man go free than an inocent man be locked up.
The evidence supports strongly that Zimmerman lied.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:01 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Zimmerman attacked his girlfriend and a cop, he had no business carrying a loaded weapon.
The state and the FBI who issued his license seems to disagree with you.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:02 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Proof? Or a link describing the details?

As far as I know there was no proof or indication that he "attacked" his girlfriend. They had a mutual restraining order. Not that uncommon after a breakup. Anything to prove otherwise? I could be wrong and would like to know.

As far as the cop, he was out of uniform and not identified as a cop, but was hassling a friend of GZs. I don't believe it progressed to the point of violence or an attack, IIRC he was charged with disorderly conduct or something similar. His bud was drinking underage, GZ might have been as well, don't know.
I've never had a restraining order alleging domestic violence, maybe the circles you run in that's common, but not mine.

Zimmerman was charged with battery towards a policy officer, which is considered a felony.

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer - U.S. News

Old 07-13-2013, 12:04 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
The evidence supports strongly that Zimmerman lied.
Many pieces of evidence also supports his story.

I'm still waiting for this evidence that proves beyond a reasonable doubt GZ did not act in self defense.

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Are you hiding a secret tox report?
Zimmerman admitted to being allopathically addicted to Adderall; and, at the age of 25, he was beyond the period where methamphetamine produces only calming effects. Maybe on kids, but not on adults.

Another iatrogenic death.

Last edited by Nonarchist; 07-13-2013 at 12:13 AM..

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
well i certainly don't want an innocent man to go to prison but its pretty obvious that Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin isn't it? That's just a fact.

As far as Zimmermans claims of self defense there has to be evidence. You can't just kill someone and then say that it was self defense, especially when you followed the person and were the instigator in the first place.
Actually the law says there has to be evidence that it was NOT self defense.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:05 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
ugh no

GZ instigated a conflict with Trayvon. He followed him. This is a fact. He shot and killed him. This is a fact.

You don't get to follow someone and stalk them and then start a fight with them and then after you start getting your ass beat, get to pull out a gun and kill them. THIS IS MURDER.

maybe you just don't like black people?
Too bad your hate of white people blinds you to the truth and keeps you from examining the evidence. From listening to the testimony. And coming up with an explanation that actually fits the facts.

Here's a hint. If a black person is following me down the sidewalk, I can't just turn around and start beating him. Even if I were a racist and consider him a "creepy azz n_". (which I wouldn't by the way, I'm no TM). Throw him on the ground and pound him brutally, long after he is screaming for help and begging to live. That would be illegal. And barbaric. And grounds to for lethal force to be used in self defense.

The same is true of TM.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 07-13-2013 at 12:13 AM..

Old 07-13-2013, 12:06 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
He hoped to see where TM was going....police were on the way and he wanted to direct them in TMs direction.
If you are going to follow someone who you believe is committing a crime, then you should expect a violent confrontation. That's just common sense.

Zimmerman willfully put himself in a situation where he believed that violence was likely to occur, and he did it while carrying a firearm.

That is criminal negligence.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:10 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
If you are going to follow someone who you believe is committing a crime, then you should expect a violent confrontation. That's just common sense.

Zimmerman willfully put himself in a situation where he believed that violence was likely to occur, and he did it while carrying a firearm.

That is criminal negligence.
Those are some pretty big straws your grasping at.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:12 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
I've never had a restraining order alleging domestic violence, maybe the circles you run in that's common, but not mine.

Zimmerman was charged with battery towards a policy officer, which is considered a felony.

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer - U.S. News
TY, you are correct on the LEO part.

Quote:
n 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.

With regard to the domestic, your link only says:

Quote:
In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.
It doesn't indicate that police ever responded to a DV call or that he was ever arrested for DV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies