Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 02:57 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Here it is - it's a mirror. Conservatives have been labelling "the left" for 35 years and this is just a little blowback. Cons love to dish it out, but suddenly they're being "abused" because there are other voices calling them out.
Your RW heroes, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Savage, Levin, Medved, umpteen others, have been pigeonholing "libs", "the left", "democrats", for years, with not a complaint from cons - pretty nice little bubble eh? So much for your sudden concern over "fairness". Now looking in the mirror ain't so pretty, so you have to cry about being treated "unfairly".
Too bad, the new reality is that you'll just have to get used to receiving some blowback.
You seem obsessed with Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, FOX news, etc....

They probably have a 12-step program you could attend for that.

Or you could just stop listening to them.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:59 PM

27,096 posts, read 15,289,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Newsflash, you are a liberal with a few conservative beliefs.

Unless there are some views you are not telling us about.

That's what I noticed.

The use of the propagandized catch phrase "path to citizenship" was a clue.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:28 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,929,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
You seem obsessed with Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, FOX news, etc....

They probably have a 12-step program you could attend for that.

Or you could just stop listening to them.
Those are the RW news sources, and it explains the delirious statements on this forum, in the bars by drunks, and in the media. The scripts gleaned from these sources are repeated almost verbatim, and are easily recognized. Most RW views are just parroted from them.
Maybe you should check into a 12-stepper for those who need to parrot these sources without a critical thought.
Case in point - you suggest I don't listen to them, so how else would I know where you get your views and be able to expose RW nonsense? Like you, I want to stay "informed".

Old 07-13-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
That's what I noticed.

The use of the propagandized catch phrase "path to citizenship" was a clue.
I'm not so sure that is a blatant misnomer like "right to life". The question is, should the "path to citizenship" be easy or difficult?

Old 07-13-2013, 03:44 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,900,593 times
Quote:
What part of you supporting the government recognition of same-sex marriage means you want government out of marriage? You want more government involvement in marriage, not less.
No I don't, nor did I ever say that... I specifically said I want the government out of it, so where are you getting that I want MORE involvement? The only thing I really care about (in terms of SSM) is equality, whether it means everyone or nobody is recognized as legally married. If the govt got out of the marriage business altogether I'd be happy with that - but until/unless they do, the rules should be applied equally to all consenting adult couples. Understand my position now?

Quote:
When was the last time a Democrat campaigned on the legalization of drugs? When was the last time there was a serious effort by Democrats in Congress to legalize it?
Apparently you haven't spent much time in the Bay Area, lol.

Just about everyone around here supports legalizing at least marijuana, and there are frequent rallies, protests, campaigns, etc. Considering about 70-80% of this region (especially SF) votes Dem, I would assume most of these pro-legalization folks are liberal/Dem. And since you're focusing on me specifically, I will repeat that I want ALL drugs legalized and for the government to stop worrying themselves with what people choose to put in their bodies - be it marijuana, crack, sugared foods, cigarettes, or the body parts of other consenting adults.

Quote:
For the first 2 years of the Obama Administration we had a Democratic President, Senate and House. Why didn't they legalize drugs at that time? Can't blame Republicans. They had no power to stop it.
Obama is a flip-flopper on this issue, so I wouldn't use him or his administration as an example of typical liberal or Democrat thinking. I also said I'm liberal leaning but not a Democrat, so Obama's views have little to do with my own. If I had my way, Johnson would be POTUS right now (and his views on drugs mirror my own).

Quote:
You're a Democrat. No shame in that, just might as well admit it.
I would not be ashamed if I were, considering most of my friends and family members are Democrats - but no matter how hard you try to convince me, I am still not one of them! If you knew all of my views, not just in terms of gay marriage and drugs, you would see why I insist upon clarifying that. I mean, how many Dems do you know who support gun rights, flat tax, Israel over Palestine (okay, so most Jewish Dems), neutral on the death penalty, etc?

In reality, I don't fit nicely into ANY political party... that's why I usually just call myself an independent, but often register as libertarian because it's the closest I feel to belonging in a category. Why are you so determined to educate me on my own beliefs? A little weird.

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-13-2013 at 04:06 PM..

Old 07-13-2013, 04:18 PM

62,846 posts, read 29,085,707 times
Quote:
Here it is - it's a mirror. Conservatives have been labelling "the left" for 35 years and this is just a little blowback. Cons love to dish it out, but suddenly they're being "abused" because there are other voices calling them out.
Your RW heroes, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Savage, Levin, Medved, umpteen others, have been pigeonholing "libs", "the left", "democrats", for years, with not a complaint from cons - pretty nice little bubble eh? So much for your sudden concern over "fairness". Now looking in the mirror ain't so pretty, so you have to cry about being treated "unfairly".
Too bad, the new reality is that you'll just have to get used to receiving some blowback.
What hogwash stereotyping of conservatives! I do not like any of the people you mentioned and what makes you think that most conservatives do? Dirt has been flying from both sides since politics began so stop with your victim card for the left. This is nothing new. What aggravates me is that the right is completely demonized by the left for not being pro-abortion, pro-traditional marriages for gays, pro-amnesty, etc. more than ever. Conservatives had never approved of those things but in today's world the left treats it like it is something new and horrible and has earned their total hatred and disgust. The left needs to grow up and accept that the right has just as much of a right to an opinion on social and political issues that the left has and start debating like adults without the labeling an name calling.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Those are the RW news sources, and it explains the delirious statements on this forum, in the bars by drunks, and in the media. The scripts gleaned from these sources are repeated almost verbatim, and are easily recognized. Most RW views are just parroted from them.
Maybe you should check into a 12-stepper for those who need to parrot these sources without a critical thought.
Case in point - you suggest I don't listen to them, so how else would I know where you get your views and be able to expose RW nonsense? Like you, I want to stay "informed".
I'm an anarcho-capitalist and have been for a long time.

I have no tolerance for Dems or Repubs. All you do is argue over who can **** things up the most thru government action.

To tell you the truth there is very little difference between the Republican and Democratic parties. Democrats want 100% control of people's lives while Republicans only want 97%.

And you should read your posts. It's obvious you parrot what MSNBC tells you to think.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What hogwash stereotyping of conservatives! I do not like any of the people you mentioned and what makes you think that most conservatives do? Dirt has been flying from both sides since politics began so stop with your victim card for the left. This is nothing new. What aggravates me is that the right is completely demonized by the left for not being pro-abortion, pro-traditional marriages for gays, pro-amnesty, etc. more than ever. Conservatives had never approved of those things but in today's world the left treats it like it is something new and horrible and has earned their total hatred and disgust. The left needs to grow up and accept that the right has just as much of a right to an opinion on social and political issues that the left has and start debating like adults without the labeling an name calling.
Well Glory, tell me all about politics, then let's discuss media which the RW has owned for years and where all Americans get their news and information.
What I responded to was a "victim card" from the Right. More and more of that happening now that there is a bit of opposing media. And your media has been "labelling" and "demonizing" since the advent of Limbaugh 35 years ago.
Also the right needs to be demonized for its regressive mentalities. Minority rights, women's rights, workers' rights, and now gay rights - all fought legislatively by old white guys who are afraid of losing their power. What gives you the right to deny these rights with legislation? You want government out of your life, but you're happy to get it into the lives of others? If you don't approve of something, just keep it to yourself - how about that! Is it possible?

The history of conservatism is defined by what it hates, what it wants to destroy, and what it thinks should not happen or be allowed - the American Revolution for instance. Conservatives didn't like it until after somebody else did it. They hated the Beatles and rock music - the list of "dislikes" is almost endless. Good thing you don't always get your way, eh?
Just look at your obstructionist Congress. RW Tories are always with us and the regressive mentality today is no different. The RW conservative mentality creates nothing, and it is dragged kicking and screaming into the future by more creative and progressive minds, no matter the era.
So dirt is coming from both sides in the media? Did you complain in the past when it was coming only from the Right - when you had the media to yourself? Nope, it was nice and cozy and predictable. Now that cons are getting a little blowback, they resort to "spreading the blame around" when caught in a lie or hypocrisy - no mystery there at all.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Well Glory, tell me all about politics, then let's discuss media which the RW has owned for years and where all Americans get their news and information.

lols.

Oh wait, you are serious?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLS

Old 07-13-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I'm an anarcho-capitalist and have been for a long time.

I have no tolerance for Dems or Repubs. All you do is argue over who can **** things up the most thru government action.

To tell you the truth there is very little difference between the Republican and Democratic parties. Democrats want 100% control of people's lives while Republicans only want 97%.

And you should read your posts. It's obvious you parrot what MSNBC tells you to think.
You are not paying attention, or you have formed a comfortable construct in your mind.
Look at what MSNBC does - 90% of its content is responding to Fox, the little fascist bully on the block. Exposing lies is not the same as propaganda - that is the function of Fox - to advocate for plutocracy.
So "leftist" media is against oligarchy and fascism and exposes their champions - good for them!!!
And who cares if you can't discern differences between things? That is just a measure of RW perceptiveness and acumen.
And who cares if you are an anarchist or laissez faire capitalist. These are failed and un-American systems. And who are you kidding that you don't want control, even as you complain about others for the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies