Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 03:41 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Do I need to provide more examples or will this suffice? No stop your nonsense.........

WASHINGTON — A leading Democrat criticized President Bush on Tuesday for planning to spend a month at his Texas ranch while the stock market plunges and foreign affairs remain volatile.
"It's clearly the wrong signal," said Maryland Gov. Parris Glendening, chairman of the Democratic Governors' Association. "In times of financial crisis and international crisis, the public looks for hands-on, confident leadership. What we're going to see is every-other-day photo ops from the ranch."

USATODAY.com - Bush vacation plans draw heat from Democrat
the problem is you never complained about bush, yet you complain about every obama vacation.

thats why nobody takes you seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 03:44 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
That is probably what dear leader will be doing. Is he inviting the old choom gang to come along on this trip? lol

Obama the college years - Key & Peele / Baauer- Dum Dum - YouTube

Old 07-13-2013, 03:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
I complained plenty about Bush. I actually called for his impeachment for not protecting our borders. That is a moot point though as this thread is about Obama and HIS vacation at this present time. If you want to start one about Bush then have at it and I will join you there. Or continue ranting about off topic subjects.........the standard for most liberals.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:45 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
"Would you go to Chicago?"

Oh, hell no! I won't even go East of the Mississippi if I can avoid it, and I was born in Pennsylvania.
But, I left in 1948...

Old 07-13-2013, 03:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Obamas not needed in Washington has he hasn't much to do really. Washington should be given those furloughs to save wasted money. The FED is I charge of economy clearly and foreign policy is moving beyond their control.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I complained plenty about Bush. I actually called for his impeachment for not protecting our borders. That is a moot point though as this thread is about Obama and HIS vacation at this present time. If you want to start one about Bush then have at it and I will join you there. Or continue ranting about off topic subjects.........the standard for most liberals.

Quote:
Well let me think here..........

His appointment of czars akin to a shadow government accountable to nobody who have ridiculous regulatory power.

His disappearing act while US citizens were killed in Libya by the same "rebels" we armed and supported to overthrow momar.

Violating the war powers act bypassing congressional support in Libya to begin with.

Backdoor implementation of the dream act.

Drones program targeting US citizens.

NSA programs out of control.

Suing the state of Arizona for trying to protect their citizens from illegal aliens.

Supporting Morsi and the brudderhood a terrorist organization in Egypt.

I could go on forever. That should suffice for now.
Ahem, ah,hem, ahh

Quote:
Dear leader to vacation at Martha's Vinyard yet again

Old 07-13-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Ahem, ah,hem, ahh
Hey I'm not perfect I fall into their traps sometimes like everybody else.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Hey I'm not perfect I fall into their traps sometimes like everybody else.
Hey, I'm so liberal, I look at it this way, as long as it's your own thread, it's okay to hijack it, not, but good job anyway.

http://itsmypulp.files.wordpress.com...og-cartoon.JPG

Old 07-13-2013, 04:25 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
You folks think ANYBODY who disagree's with Obama is part of that "chunk". That simply is absurd to even think like that. Sure there are racists running around who will hate him because he's half black. YOU think everybody falls into that category though. You folks and your constant harping on it every time the president is criticized is beyond ridiculous.

Your little example you continue to bring up with your son has NOTHING to do with thread. Well I guess it pushes your race baiting because it reinforces your ridiculous belief that everybody who criticizes Obama does so because of his skin. You cry wolf long enough nobody listens anymore which is what has happened with you folks and your "you are a racist if you disagree with Obama" nonsense. It is actually sad because the real racists should have a light shed on them. YOu have turned it off. Congrats.
Oh good lord--stop the histrionics. People here are going off on how expensive it is for Obama to take a vacation, how much it costs us in secret service and whining about him getting away from DC for a short period of time when we're in a "crisis." At this point we're in better shape than we were during the last of the Bush years, plus, and if you will recall, when Bush was in office we'd had a major terror event and Homeland Security was elevating the "terror" rating every 10 minutes to scare the crap out of us. People didn't complain about Bush taking vacations--it was how MUCH vacation he took. Bush spent THIRTY TWO PERCENT of his presidency, or 1020 days, on vacation. It was a joke.

If you want people to do a stressful, horrible job, they need a chance to have a break once in a while. If we elect them to a position where there are countless nuts around the country ready to blow his head off or hurt his family, then it makes sense that we provide secret service protection no matter what he's doing. We've done that for every president since President Cleveland in 1894 for those exact reasons. I've read thread after thread about how the President is arrogant, blah blah blah. The bottom line is that a bunch of people here don't like it that a brown guy is in the white house, and they don't like it that he's more comfortable than they are financially. It eats at them, therefore every single thing Obama does is wrong.

Quote:
Do I need to provide more examples or will this suffice? No stop your nonsense.........

WASHINGTON — A leading Democrat criticized President Bush on Tuesday for planning to spend a month at his Texas ranch while the stock market plunges and foreign affairs remain volatile.
"It's clearly the wrong signal," said Maryland Gov. Parris Glendening, chairman of the Democratic Governors' Association. "In times of financial crisis and international crisis, the public looks for hands-on, confident leadership. What we're going to see is every-other-day photo ops from the ranch."

USATODAY.com - Bush vacation plans draw heat from Democrat
A MONTH when the stock market was crashing and we were in two wars. Again--Bush spent 32% of his time on vacation out of the White House when the country was falling apart. The Obama's are going to Martha's Vineyard for a WEEK when things are on the uptick.

If you want to complain about policy issues where you disagree with the President then have at it--I'll probably agree with you on some of them--but this vacation stuff is just petty stupidity.

Last edited by mb1547; 07-13-2013 at 04:36 PM..

Old 07-13-2013, 04:36 PM

You were doing just fine until you resort to your nonsense yet again..........

"The bottom line is that a bunch of people here don't like it that a brown guy is in the white house, and they don't like it that he's more comfortable than they are financially. It eats at them, therefore every single thing Obama does is wrong. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies