Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 10:00 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Those other professions aren't claiming to uphold the law. Cops are.

Your trying to make it seem like Police corruption isn't widespread when it in fact is. I've had my experiences, other posters have had their experiences and know countless people who have had their experiences too.

Hmmm....wonder why all these people have issues with the Police?
I haven't at any point made a claim about police corruption. If you have any evidence that most cops are dishonest or abusing the rights of Americans, I'm all ears. Copying and pasting anecdotal evidence is insufficient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 10:02 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I haven't at any point made a claim about police corruption. If you have any evidence that most cops are dishonest or abusing the rights of Americans, I'm all ears. Copying and pasting anecdotal evidence is insufficient.
When their own turn against them and speak about their corruption, you know you have a problem.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:17 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
When I think of police corruption, a rude cop yelling at an old geezer doesn't pop into my head.
I'm more annoyed with the reporter's actions. She totally blew it taking sides with the cop,arguig with the man, and refusing to identify herself. Her, the cameraman, and the station should at least apologize.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:08 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
God forbid, sir, that someone talk to us in that manner when the person repeatedly refuses to comply. God forbid. I mean, that man's feelings might have been seriously damaged. Have we all forgotten our Constitutional right not to be offended and talked to in a manner that might hurt our feelings or the feelings of any overly dramatic children who happen to see the video?
My point also being, the vet was elderly and the cop should have taken that into account, possibly a little hard of hearing, maybe a little confused.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:11 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I'm more annoyed with the reporter's actions. She totally blew it taking sides with the cop,arguig with the man, and refusing to identify herself. Her, the cameraman, and the station should at least apologize.
She's riding in the cops car, can you blame her?

Your'e going to side against a cop , and later get in his squad car?????

Old 07-13-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
My point also being, the vet was elderly and the cop should have taken that into account, possibly a little hard of hearing, maybe a little confused.
The guy looks to be in his mid-60s. You act like he's some 85 year-old confused dementia patient, wandering around aimlessly. The chances that he didn't see the flashing lights and then a cop car pull directly behind his bumper are slim to none. If the numbnut did not see any of this, I'm more concerned about him having a driver's license, than anything else. Of course, we have a cadre of military fetishists here who would gladly grant a driver's license to deaf, dumb and blind dementia sufferers, provided they are vets.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:19 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Know your rights people.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:24 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,699 times
The cop was a jerk and a show off.

There was no need to scream in a disrespectful manner and slam the guy's door like that over a stupid and very minor infraction that only recently went into effect. And especially when he knew the guy was from another state!

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 07-13-2013, 11:25 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
She's riding in the cops car, can you blame her?

Your'e going to side against a cop , and later get in his squad car?????
Especially after he says to her (at 1:50) "put that on the news and I'll kill you".

Old 07-13-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
The cop was a jerk and a show off.

There was no need to scream in a disrespectful manner and slam the guy's door like that over a stupid and very minor infraction that only recently went into effect. And especially when he knew the guy was from another state!

Posted with TapaTalk
Would you say that cop was a "blue meanie?"

Posted with a Commodore 64
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies