Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 03:26 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
But nowhere in the Constitution does is say people have the right to have kids that taxpayers support.
Exactly

Old 07-17-2013, 03:29 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
I think people need to get off their high horse and see how the poor truly live. Do you think they are living the high life by eating at Taco Bell and McDonalds? It's one of the few forms of entertainment they can afford.

I'm glad our country has a social welfare system. I've been to countries that lack them. I would much rather our poor have access to food, healthcare and basic ammenities (even at my expense) rather than see them fend for themselves like you see in India, China, and Mexico. Some Americans are spoiled and complain about having to give back a little. Appreciate what you have. I would rather people eat Taco Bell at my expense and have a little joy in life rather than suffer. It's not easy to grow up poor and become something. Just because some people escalate and reach beyond what they were initially given, it's not a simple thing.

I feel this ultra conservative right wing mentality of "It's okay to bully the poor because they did it to themselves" is just b.s. Have some compassion and charity. It's not killing you.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:30 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
When will moochelle obama get involved and talk about how wrong this is?
She's probably waist deep in a Taco Bell drive thru window right about now.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:37 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
And PLEASE people, read up on what this program is all about... since a few people like "Idon'tdateyou" think it's for everyone, here is the actual information on California's program. Okay?

Restaurant Meals Program

http://www.ladpss.org/dpss/restaurant_meals/

Client Eligibility
Only homeless, elderly, and disabled food benefit recipients are eligible to participate in the Restaurant Meals Program. Client eligibility is determined by each county and is automatically verified through the point-of-sale (POS) equipment at the time of the transaction. If a client is ineligible, an error message will appear on the POS device and the transaction will not be approved. Denial codes displayed on POS systems vary by processor.

(from link 2): On July 25, 2005, the Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) implemented the new Restaurant Meals Program throughout Los Angeles County. This program offers great benefits to eligible individuals since the homeless do not have a place to store and cook food, while the elderly and disabled may have difficulty preparing meals for themselves.

For many elderly, disabled and homeless individuals, CalFresh is of limited assistance as they are unable to store or prepare food safely themselves. This is why California has chosen a federal option that allows these recipients to purchase prepared food through the Restaurant Meals Program (RMP). The RMP allows elderly, disabled and homeless CalFresh recipients to purchase hot, prepared meals with their EBT cards at approved restaurants. For all other CalFresh recipients, federal rules preventing the purchase of prepared food still apply.

On a basic level, many RMP eligible clients do not have the tools, appliances or physical abilities necessary to prepare their own meals. The disabled, elderly or homeless CalFresh recipient who eats at a RMP certified restaurant will be nourished by an affordable meal in a food-safe environment and benefit from eating in a public place that welcomes their presence, as opposed to in isolation or on the streets looking over their shoulder. The RMP program is truly an anti-hunger program.

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-17-2013 at 03:46 PM..

Old 07-17-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Exactly
No, not exactly... please show us the counter to what I posted, where it clearly says EVERYONE has the right to procreation. Is there a clause I missed where it says "unless you're unable to support yourself?" Sure, it sounds logical, but completely goes against the Constitution and American concept of freedom. But I forgot, you guys only believe in freedoms for those you deem worthy.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
She's probably waist deep in a Taco Bell drive thru window right about now.
Wow, that was really clever... about as clever as the jokes my 5yo niece comes up with, but at least hers aren't mean-spirited. Good job!!

Anyway, I'm done with this debate now. I made my points - so go ahead and keep throwing around judgments, ignoring facts, and insulting our First Lady. It's what you guys do best, after all.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:23 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And PLEASE people, read up on what this program is all about... since a few people like "Idon'tdateyou" think it's for everyone, here is the actual information on California's program. Okay?

Restaurant Meals Program

Restaurant Meals

Client Eligibility
Only homeless, elderly, and disabled food benefit recipients are eligible to participate in the Restaurant Meals Program. Client eligibility is determined by each county and is automatically verified through the point-of-sale (POS) equipment at the time of the transaction. If a client is ineligible, an error message will appear on the POS device and the transaction will not be approved. Denial codes displayed on POS systems vary by processor.

(from link 2): On July 25, 2005, the Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) implemented the new Restaurant Meals Program throughout Los Angeles County. This program offers great benefits to eligible individuals since the homeless do not have a place to store and cook food, while the elderly and disabled may have difficulty preparing meals for themselves.

For many elderly, disabled and homeless individuals, CalFresh is of limited assistance as they are unable to store or prepare food safely themselves. This is why California has chosen a federal option that allows these recipients to purchase prepared food through the Restaurant Meals Program (RMP). The RMP allows elderly, disabled and homeless CalFresh recipients to purchase hot, prepared meals with their EBT cards at approved restaurants. For all other CalFresh recipients, federal rules preventing the purchase of prepared food still apply.

On a basic level, many RMP eligible clients do not have the tools, appliances or physical abilities necessary to prepare their own meals. The disabled, elderly or homeless CalFresh recipient who eats at a RMP certified restaurant will be nourished by an affordable meal in a food-safe environment and benefit from eating in a public place that welcomes their presence, as opposed to in isolation or on the streets looking over their shoulder. The RMP program is truly an anti-hunger program.
I posted that exact same link three times and they always ignore it because all the right wing nutjobs ever do is lie.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:57 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
How do you people even know what a EBT card looks like and do you really look at how people are going to pay for their food?

Old 07-18-2013, 05:24 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
When will moochelle obama get involved and talk about how wrong this is?
As a matter of fact, the First Lady is in Chicago today to give yet another speech emphasizing education and personal responsibility.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
As a matter of fact, the First Lady is in Chicago today to give yet another speech emphasizing education and personal responsibility.
And I'd wager that the audience aren't the people that need that type of speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies