Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 09:28 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times

Advertisements

Florida is full of people of all races shooting people of all other ages and races over nothing. Texting in a movie theater? You must die. Skateboarding in the wrong place? Kill em. Playing loud music? Bang bang.

I don't know what the hell is the problem down there, but they are on some crazy stuff.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:31 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
That is just not true. There was no gun or an attack on him. And this happened at a gas station not a crowded parking lot. But what would it matter. Even if I don't like your music, you can play it as loud as you want. No law against that.
There are laws against playing music too loud, disturbing the peace or disorderly conduct, they are rarely enforced because usually people comply when asked to turn the music down by police/neighbors.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:06 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
The guy is going away to jail for the rest of his life like he deserves. Whether they decide to re-try him or not he's going to be gone which is what deserves to happen.

I'm glad that they are throwing some of these hot-heads in prison, might send a wake-up call to some of the other carriers and more importantly their families.

If I had a family member with anger issues like this guy or the guy in the movie theatre shooting, I'd absolutely have a *talk* with them about them getting a concealed carry permit or keeping guns in their cars etc.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:10 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
The Floridian juror defies belief: they vote to convict on four counts of attempted murder, yet can't reach a verdict for the count where one of those 'attempts' actually succeeded.
I'm having trouble reconciling that one myself. Would dearly love to have been a "fly on the wall" in that sequestered room to have listened in on the discussions that led to that rather convoluted result.

Nevertheless; the jury has arrived at a conclusion giving the sentencing judge the tool to put this animal away for a very long time. His writings from prison can become his only connection to the outside world and it will not take long for his current 'apologizers' to desert him.

Once the dust has settled and more indicators of Dunn's true character begin to surface, the whole tenor of the trial will get an in-depth review by many on here with a view to wondering why the prosecution could not have dug way deeper to counter the defense's notion this man had no prior agenda or intent.

I think this lad fits the category of a bigot looking for any and all occasions giving him any reason to confront a particular demographic and take it to the mat.

We will learn much more about this guy approved and licensed to own and carry a firearm.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:10 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm glad that they are throwing some of these hot-heads in prison, might send a wake-up call to some of the other carriers and more importantly their families.
"I felt I was in imminent danger and feared for my life" will not be the magic incantation that gets you a not guilty verdict in court anymore. Yes, it will, and should give hotheads pause before they decide that someone just "needs killing". At the same time, I hope everyone will come to recognise that rude behavior can lead to tragic consequences.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:14 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
We will learn much more about this guy approved and licensed to own and carry a firearm.
Every American has the right to keep and bear arms, and if they murder as this man did, they receive the punishment due their crime.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:45 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Every American has the right to keep and bear arms, and if they murder as this man did, they receive the punishment due their crime.

This guy in no way got the punishment due his crime when one considers what entitles some to the death penalty in various states.

This azzclown carried a weapon because he was a dysfunctional racist bigot yearning for the one occasion where he could manufacture a plausible excuse to gun down one or more blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies