Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 11:12 AM

8,012 posts, read 11,357,752 times

Advertisements

very corny, stupid plus irrelevant thread.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:14 AM

14,366 posts, read 9,742,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Only sissies need guns to defend themselves, they don't want to get their poor little knuckles skinned up or bloody. When a sissy grabs a gun, that makes him the neighborhood tough guy and more of a man, might even raise the T level, who knows.
This thread is degrading fast. I guess this is why liberals want guns to be banned, so only the strongest survive. Caveman logic.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:15 AM

17,640 posts, read 13,474,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
How do you know that? Most conceal carriers that I know are actually more apprehensive and more cautious when they have their firearms on their person.
Well gee, one of your other George supporters has indicated that Georgie "forgot" he had his gun on his person earlier in the thread.

To Little Acorn's original post:

Nobody saw the fight begin which is the whole problem with this case. Zimmerman could have confronted Martin just as easily as the other way around. So there is no "evidence" that Martin actually started the confrontation.

All we know is that Martin was winning the fistfight. The idea that Martin would have "killed" Zimmerman in a fistfight is highly unlikely as the police showed up seconds later.

If they were both still alive then they both could be heard in court.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:16 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,210,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Because if I was followed to the extent that Trayvon was and my normal tricks to shake the follower didn't work, then I would have thrown a punch too. Or should I wait until a rape is taking place before I defend myself?

Because that's what this case has shown me. Don't try to fight off a threat who will not leave me alone because then it will be MY fault whatever happens to me. As I've said in other threads, I live in an urban area where for a good part of the year, it's dark before I'm even out of work. I am often out alone to do errands and such. I have been followed before, though normally if I speed up or cross the street, it turns the person away. In other cases, the pursuer has matched me step for step. Then I pick up a rock, brick, stick, whatever I can find on the street and make sure they see. That's always stopped the men following me before, but what if it doesn't?
You should be able to defend yourself, and if you're not packing a pistol, anything will work for defense, especially a good swift kick to the groin. That'll stop a man in his tracks long enough for you to escape your attacker.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:18 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,397,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Because if I was followed to the extent that Trayvon was and my normal tricks to shake the follower didn't work, then I would have thrown a punch too. Or should I wait until a rape is taking place before I defend myself?

Because that's what this case has shown me. Don't try to fight off a threat who will not leave me alone because then it will be MY fault whatever happens to me. As I've said in other threads, I live in an urban area where for a good part of the year, it's dark before I'm even out of work. I am often out alone to do errands and such. I have been followed before, though normally if I speed up or cross the street, it turns the person away. In other cases, the pursuer has matched me step for step. Then I pick up a rock, brick, stick, whatever I can find on the street and make sure they see. That's always stopped the men following me before, but what if it doesn't?
Well - according to others ~ you have have 'presented yourself' to your follower and simply explained that you had a right to be in that neighborhood.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:18 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,057,695 times
Quote:
Zim was a sissy, couldn't even defend himself from a fist fight. He's the coward for pulling a pistol.
This.
[URL]http://www.city-data.com/forum/30494134-post118.html[/URL]

If you can't handle other people's opinions, why are you here? For once, I agree with smittyjohnny.
Are you being serious, or just attempting to make ludicrous posts? Being a sissy is a Constitutionally-protected right. - Strike One

Being able to defend oneself in a fistfight is irrelevant - Strike Two

Being a coward is a Constitutionally-protected right - Strike Three (You are OUT (if you were ever "in"))

I can handle their opinions, and comment on them, but it appears you can't handle MY opinions, so that would be Strike 4 except you are already in the dugout.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:19 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,210,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This thread is degrading fast. I guess this is why liberals want guns to be banned, so only the strongest survive. Caveman logic.
But hey man, I'm a liburul and believe in defending myself, but I don't carry a gun and chase people out of my apartment complex, I let the cops do that, it's why we pay their salaries, to chase so called bad guys.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:19 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,874,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Well gee, one of your other George supporters has indicated that Georgie "forgot" he had his gun on his person earlier in the thread.

To Little Acorn's original post:

Nobody saw the fight begin which is the whole problem with this case. Zimmerman could have confronted Martin just as easily as the other way around. So there is no "evidence" that Martin actually started the confrontation.

All we know is that Martin was winning the fistfight. The idea that Martin would have "killed" Zimmerman in a fistfight is highly unlikely as the police showed up seconds later.

If they were both still alive then they both could be heard in court.

That is a big issue. Any qualified, competent and capable conceal carry individual always knows that weapon is on their person, and always strives to avoid confrontation.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:22 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,767,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
#, how can you predict that a jury would have found Martin guilty? All Martin had to do was invoke stand your ground.

#2, Zimmerman stated that he feared for his life after Martin allegedly reached for the gun.

So how exactly would he have killed him if there was no gun?????
What a stupid question. So now the only way to kill someone is with a gun?

If you were laying on the ground with a broken nose, blood running down into the back of your throat, and two black eyes, with someone on top of you doing 'ground and pound on your face saying 'Ima kill u tonite' Exactly how would you tell if your attacker is serious or just joking around?

Do please explain.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:24 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,467,377 times
Quote:
You should be able to defend yourself, and if you're not packing a pistol, anything will work for defense, especially a good swift kick to the groin. That'll stop a man in his tracks long enough for you to escape your attacker.
Wow !!! How long is your leg ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies